NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

+6
Original Quill
Syl
nicko
eddie
'Wolfie
Ben Reilly
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 Empty The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Ladies and gentlemen, Melania Trump ...

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 Trump5

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 3fc48de0eb0ce8cf279d4d3fd7c75888

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 Melania-3

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 2EA4FA5500000578-3327128-image-m-58_1448036733282

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 Melania-Trump-Jackie-Kennedy

Wow, it's going to be like having Jackie Kennedy back in the White House.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:12 pm

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 Daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-252

I'se a grown-arsed woman, I is.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 Empty Re: The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures

Post by Syl Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't avoid any subject, unlike you who waffles endlessly, bringing in lots of red herrings and moot points to camouflage the fact that you often talk in riddles.

You have yet to make a valid point.  You changed the subject to go after me because you had nothing else.  I'm just pointing out that argumentum ad hominem is generally recognized as 'giving up' on your underlying point.

Syl wrote:You can find almost anything on google (other search engines are available) even the most boring and uninteresting stuff can be found there if you type in key words.
Try it....type in your own name. Razz

As Wolf has so aptly pointed out, you are giving anecdotal evidence and making a statistical argument.   Anytime you say "all" or "most" or "generally" you are making a reference to numbers, leaving behind the individual case.  That's why we repeatedly say, You can't generalize from specifics.

We are discussing the frequency of success in defamation suits.  It calls into play statistical thinking.  You respond by giving individual cases...what, should I count up your individual cases and compare them to the thousands filed every year?  Then you'd really look foolish.

You are now resorting to using the biggest dickhead on the forum to back yourself up, yet I would look foolish.
Honestly Quill...you are a one. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:16 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Awwwww....  Most little girls like the attention. Laughing

Syl is a grown-arsed woman and little girls would certainly not like the attention.

Calling a women a prostitute with no proof, mixing adult women up with little girls, and saying little girls like the attention of creeps.....Quill has really excelled himself in this thread.
Hopefully he doesn't carry on like this when he is doing his day job. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You have yet to make a valid point.  You changed the subject to go after me because you had nothing else.  I'm just pointing out that argumentum ad hominem is generally recognized as 'giving up' on your underlying point.

As Wolf has so aptly pointed out, you are giving anecdotal evidence and making a statistical argument.   Anytime you say "all" or "most" or "generally" you are making a reference to numbers, leaving behind the individual case.  That's why we repeatedly say, You can't generalize from specifics.

We are discussing the frequency of success in defamation suits.  It calls into play statistical thinking.  You respond by giving individual cases...what, should I count up your individual cases and compare them to the thousands filed every year?  Then you'd really look foolish.

You are now resorting to using the biggest dickhead on the forum to back yourself up, yet I would look foolish.

You think that's an argument?  Wolf is my longest and bestest friend on the Internet.  Moreover, he's one of the most intelligent posters on here, although he mixes in a degree of 'enthusiasm' with his wisdom.   Razz   He's got a university degree, do you?  He's particularly good at scientific, environmental and oceanic matters, and holds up our wing in the South Pacific/Indian Ocean.

You cling to your UKIP brigade, I'll take Wolf any day.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Syl is a grown-arsed woman and little girls would certainly not like the attention.

Calling a women a prostitute with no proof, mixing adult women up with little girls, and saying little girls like the attention of creeps.....Quill has really excelled himself in this thread.
Hopefully he doesn't carry on like this when he is doing his day job. Rolling Eyes

Oh right...by your way, we should just grab pussies and be quiet about it. Rolling Eyes Give my regards to Uncle Donald.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Oh right...by your way, we should just grab pussies and be quiet about it. Rolling Eyes  Give my regards to Uncle Donald.

No one is talking about Donald Trump, what are you on about?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You think that's an argument?  Wolf is my longest and bestest friend on the Internet.  Moreover, he's one of the most intelligent posters on here, although he mixes in a degree of 'enthusiasm' with his wisdom.   Razz   He's got a university degree, do you?  He's particularly good at scientific, environmental and oceanic matters, and holds up our wing in the South Pacific/Indian Ocean.

It's not about how many degrees you have, it's about how you treat people and express yourself.
People won't come to your funeral because you know a bit more than me.

And from what I see, Syl spends a lot of her forum time actually answering points that are raised and doesn't pepper her posts with "enthusiasm" about her fellow posters.

Give me Syl in my forum life over a degree, anytime.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:17 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's not about how many degrees you have, it's about how you treat people and express yourself.

And from what I see, Syl spends a lot of her forum time actually answering points that are raised and doesn't pepper her posts with "enthusiasm" about her fellow posters.

To each his own. In a news discussion forum I think information is essential. It's nice to be groomed, but for me, I like meaningful and informative answers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:35 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Thanks Eddie.
I don't have a degree and I don't pretend to be anything I'm not. I have said before, anyone can be anything they want to be on a forum.
It's the content of the posts that gives a poster worth imo, not what they claim to be or to have in their real lives.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:10 am

The next First Lady of the United States, in pictures - Page 2 Best-damn-photos-first-lady-melania
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:22 am

Trump demeaned women and Clinton made a big issue of that - rightly so.

So those who do not support Trump should not go down the same road as insulting his wife.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:29 am

Irn Bru wrote:Trump demeaned women and Clinton made a big issue of that - rightly so.

So those who do not support Trump should not go down the same road as insulting his wife.

I agree with you completely.
Unlike some on here you are a gentleman Irn.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:33 am

Irn Bru wrote:Trump demeaned women and Clinton made a big issue of that - rightly so.

If you didn't notice, Irn, pussy-grabber won with those tactics.  There is a new normal right now.  Trying to be prim and proper these days will get you left behind.

You snooze, you lose. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:39 am

In My Defense
It would be sexist if I didn't demean women (not that i do for being female)
Since I demean everyone else  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

But I don't think that Meme is demeaning anyway
I doubt when she married him this situation ever entered her head Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Thanks Eddie.
I don't have a degree and I don't pretend to be anything I'm not. I have said before, anyone can be anything they want to be on a forum.
It's the content of the posts that gives a poster worth imo, not what they claim to be or to  have in their real lives.

Sometimes facts and figures get in the way and all I want to know is how someone feels about something.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Some people hide behind their real or imaginary achievements on forums......or google info instead of answering honestly. Each to their own but I would far rather talk to a genuine person than a Walter Mitty fantasist.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Syl wrote:Some people hide behind their real or imaginary achievements on forums......or google info instead of answering honestly. Each to their own but I would far rather talk to a genuine person than a Walter Mitty fantasist.

This is the problem I have with forums. People post articles and links and facts and then the opposing person post links and articles and facts to make the other person wrong.

Boring. Turned off, tuned out.

How do you feel about the subject matter? Then add a link /fact/article to back up your post.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:51 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Some people hide behind their real or imaginary achievements on forums......or google info instead of answering honestly. Each to their own but I would far rather talk to a genuine person than a Walter Mitty fantasist.

This is the problem I have with forums. People post articles and links and facts and then the opposing person post links and articles and facts to make the other person wrong.

Boring. Turned off, tuned out.

How do you feel about the subject matter? Then add a link /fact/article to back up your post.

Yeah I feel the same.
I would rather post my opinion than a page of facts I have googled....my opinion might be crap  but at least it's my own. Razz

I also get tired of 10 threads being about the same subject.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Well I'm the only admin who does any actual physical work round here Syl, so I should merge most of them but tbf, sometimes it's easier to have the threads and just let them develop.

Oh well, we will just go round spouting our useless opinions and everyone else can talk round us. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2