NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's get out of jail card

4 posters

Go down

Trump's get out of jail card Empty Trump's get out of jail card

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Is Donald 'I invent truth" Trump for real?   He continually invents, or reinvents facts that are provably false.  He lies right to your face.  He even wraps whole strategies around his lies.  You have to conclude that he just doesn't care.  So, what does he care about?

I suggest that perhaps he is all about staying out of jail.  After the conviction of Scooter Libby, assistant for Vice President Dick Cheney, in 2007, the jury questioned why it wasn't Mr. Cheney who was on trial.  After all, the things for which Libby was convicted all went equally to the Vice President.  But, a vice president is just too big to bring down.

Was Donald Trump watching?  Was he learning?  Did he come up with a strategy in the waning days of the Republican administration?  Now, he is being investigated for bribery of two state officials, fraud in business dealings, and income tax evasion.  Did he learn the lesson from the case of one VP Richard Cheney: One can be too big for prosecution?

We've all commented on what a mockery Trump is making of the race for the presidency.  He speaks in a language barely heard outside the fifth grade.  He laughs and brags about grabbing pussy.  He lies openly and often, and let's us know he is lying.  And he does all this while stoking the political coals of racism, bigotry, abject misogyny, homophobia, anti-constitutionalism, nationalism, xenophobia and war mongering.   Perchance, he doesn't care?

Could it be that Trump is making of himself, someone who, like Mr. Cheney, is too big to prosecute?  What is stunning is his indifference to his own words and deeds.  Ordinarily, one would smile and say to someone--someone on the inside--I know it's all bullshit.  But Donald doesn't even do that.  It's as if this is a massively huge ruse to make himself too big.  Is this all a monumental get out of jail card?

We don't know a thing about his taxes.  Why?  By not knowing about taxes, we know nothing about what he is being investigated for.  What?  By not knowing the investigation, we do not know the facts being uncovered.  This campaign is a race all right: an obstacle course race to see if he can be elected (or, indeed, lose the election) before he is indicted.

Dick Cheney taught us that there is a point at which something becomes too political to prosecute, even though it is genuinely criminal. When the controversy enters the realm of political, you automatically have a massive jury out there pulling for you. Even those who are not pulling for you, are legitimizing the perspective that it is political, not criminal.

It all fits...more than if this was a real political election.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump's get out of jail card Empty Re: Trump's get out of jail card

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Well Quill, we are something of the same age and I have watched many elections for President.   This one is just beyond anything you could make up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Trump's  main get out of jail card is that he will  claim senile  dementia when he loses, and claim he was not in control of his faculties.
It would explain a lot of the guff he spews.

Last edited by Handy Andy on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:06 pm

I reckon he's on a dare. Only explanation.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Or someone told him "The Presidency" is another tv reality show.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:24 pm

eddie wrote:I reckon he's on a dare. Only explanation.

That could be.  But he is spending a lot of money for a dare.  I'm betting it's something bigger than that.

Look how he is deliberately mixing the criminal with political, in his faux accusations against Hillary about her emails. I think he is getting to public acclimated to confusing the political with the criminal, in the hopes of one day claiming his own (inevitable) prosecution is political. That was the Cheney tactic.

All the evidence points to that, including his not taking the campaign seriously.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:

That could be.  But he is spending a lot of money for a dare.  I'm betting it's something bigger than that.

Well thought-out OP actually Quill.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:40 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well thought-out OP actually Quill.

Ty. It's a theory that puts the puzzle together, particularly better than taking his candidacy seriously.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:38 pm

BUMP -- fpr eddie's review.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Yep, I wouldn't dismiss your theory at all, and it's a very clever one if that's what Trump has actually done.

Now in simple laymen's terms, how does one become "too big to prosecute" - ie getting around the law just because you're running for president?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:07 pm

“He doesn't want the White House. He just wants to be able to say that he could have run the White House. He’s achieved that already and then some. If there is any question, take it from someone who was recruited to help the candidate succeed, and initially very much wanted him to do so.”

- Stephanie Cegielski, former communications director of the Make America Great Again PAC

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/03/28/Ex-Trump-Insider-Donald-Doesn-t-Want-Be-President
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Look how he is deliberately mixing the criminal with political, in his faux accusations against Hillary about her emails.  I think he is getting to public acclimated to confusing the political with the criminal, in the hopes of one day claiming his own (inevitable) prosecution is political.  That was the Cheney tactic.

All the evidence points to that, including his not taking the campaign seriously.
Perhaps he is spending money to avoid paying tax on his available cash.
If he has none, his tax bill will be zero.
But perhaps he isn't too smart after all.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:18 pm

That's a really interesting article, deserves it's own thread.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down