NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women?

+6
Ben Reilly
The Devil, You Know
magica
Major
eddie
Syl
10 posters

Go down

Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? Empty Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women?

Post by Syl Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:42 pm

High end fashion houses still feature tiny waif this models to advertise their clothes. There is a call for bigger buxom models to be hired to show off fashion and lingerie.....look at them, what do you think...and is there a size limit on who looks good and who sells clothes?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/style/16-plus-size-models-victorias-secret-should-hire/ss-BBq6Zzh?ocid=spartanntp#image=1
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? Empty Re: Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women?

Post by eddie Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:50 pm

This is the thing: clothes look great on hangers - in fact, that's when they look their best. So they are designed, effectively to hang from thin shoulders and fall down and brush against nothing. That's why they use these thin models, who have no lumps or bumps.

When they want to sell a raunchy bra, they used bigger ladies, to highlight their product.

Personally, they should use a size 12, 14 and 16. I'm a size 10 and I think I looked better when I was a 12 tbh.
Sizes 12-16 are about the average for the UK, I'd say?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? Empty Re: Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women?

Post by Syl Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Did you look at the pics of the plus sized models Eddie?
I thought most of them looked good, but a couple was, imo definitely too fat to look good in anything, so they would hardly sell the clothes they were advertising, which is the point.

On the other hand maybe to other fat women they DO look good....and there are so many obese women about perhaps it would be good business sense.

In my experience most men will always say they prefer women to have a good figure (ie a bust a bum and a waist).....oddly though thin women are still considered the ideal in the fashion industry.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Major wrote:A few yearz back I spent hours in Caesars Palace Vegas sitting outside Victorias Secrets crying awaiting my wife and dorta who were inside spending spending spending.

Well I bet you reaped the rewards when you saw what your wife had bought Major....every cloud...Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? A7730eb5c92d3d1250a04dc157b378b6
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:22 pm

And it's not only women who are misrepresented in undie ads either.... Razz

Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? David-beckham-mens-underwear

Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? Df5e7d77134baf57c2e4932bfb299290
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Lol why do they think we all want to look at Becks in his pants. Nothing there for me.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:04 pm

Syl wrote:High end fashion houses still feature tiny waif this models to advertise their clothes. There is a call for bigger buxom models to be hired to show off fashion and lingerie.....look at them, what do you think...and is there a size limit on who looks good and who sells clothes?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/style/16-plus-size-models-victorias-secret-should-hire/ss-BBq6Zzh?ocid=spartanntp#image=1
as a private business it should be up to them to decide who models their clothes. They should not be forced to choose any models fat or thin.
I'm guessing that most ladies imagine they are going to look like a VS model when they strap on the underwear.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:07 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Syl wrote:High end fashion houses still feature tiny waif this models to advertise their clothes. There is a call for bigger buxom models to be hired to show off fashion and lingerie.....look at them, what do you think...and is there a size limit on who looks good and who sells clothes?

as a private business it should be up to them to decide who models their clothes. They should not be forced to choose any models fat or thin.
I'm guessing that most ladies imagine they are going to look like a VS model when they strap on the underwear.

The public has every right to petition a private enterprise to change its practices.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:16 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

The public has every right to petition a private enterprise to change its practices.
yes they do, they dont have a right to force them employ specific model types though.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

yes they do, they dont have a right to force them employ specific model types though.

The public has every right to force a business to do whatever the public wants through market forces; for example, a boycott. If the public cares enough about this issue, it has every right to put VS out of business if it doesn't change its ways.

You can't find a pet store where I live now, and why? Because people cared enough about how the animals were treated that they turned to adopting pets from rescues (and their friends and neighbors, of course).

If you're saying the public shouldn't petition government to write a law banning thin models, I'm with you there, but the public can put VS out of business if it cares enough about the issue of underweight models, by voting with its money.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:28 am

eddie wrote:This is the thing: clothes look great on hangers - in fact, that's when they look their best. So they are designed, effectively to hang from thin shoulders and fall down and brush against nothing. That's why they use these thin models, who have no lumps or bumps.

When they want to sell a raunchy bra, they used bigger ladies, to highlight their product.

Personally, they should use a size 12, 14 and 16. I'm a size 10 and I think I looked better when I was a 12 tbh.
Sizes 12-16 are about the average for the UK, I'd say?

One of my favourite clothing companies used to be Wheels and Dollbaby. You needed tits and hips to wear their stuff. Years ago it was very 1950's orientated. Of course, you need to be young to carry it off.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:58 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

The public has every right to force a business to do whatever the public wants through market forces; for example, a boycott. If the public cares enough about this issue, it has every right to put VS out of business if it doesn't change its ways.

You can't find a pet store where I live now, and why? Because people cared enough about how the animals were treated that they turned to adopting pets from rescues (and their friends and neighbors, of course).

If you're saying the public shouldn't petition government to write a law banning thin models, I'm with you there, but the public can put VS out of business if it cares enough about the issue of underweight models, by voting with its money.
through market forces by all means, women of the chubbier type (or american as they are more popularly known) could always refuse to buy their clothing.

the thing is though, it does not appear the public care as much as the fatties do.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:22 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

through market forces by all means, women of the chubbier type (or american as they are more popularly  known) could always refuse to buy their clothing.

the thing is though, it does not appear the public care as much as the fatties do.

Ooooh Bitchy Laughing

I think you are probably right. If the public cared enough they would stop buying ...they do buy, and obviously enough to convince these fashion houses that skinny sells.
I think a lot of brain washing goes on in fashion.....women are sold the idea that they to will look good in the skimpy undies, unfortunately a lacy extravaganza in a size 10 wont look the same in a size 20.....but if the woman feels good, job done.

I still think some of the bigger girls in the OP look sexier than skinny girls though.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Sex appeal isn't in clothes, or size, or looks.
It comes from within.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:55 pm

Major wrote:VS is a successful firm, they know what they are doing.

Those who wanna grouse can go to M&S or Bravissimo as long as they take their own scaffolding.

What do you mean by that comment? If it's what I think you mean, then it's a rotten thing to say.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:14 pm

eddie wrote:Sex appeal isn't in clothes, or size, or looks.
It comes from within.

Ideally yes it does. But I think women are pressured to look certain ways, all the air brushing in ads gives a false image of how real women should look, and many women feel they don't measure up to that.
That's sad, because if you feel sexy you are sexy, and the less you try the more you are...imo.

I read once (and I believe it) the majority of men don't even notice their womens wobbly thighs or stretch marks, it's the women who point them out. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Those who wanna grouse can go to M&S or Bravissimo as long as they take their own scaffolding.

Oy do you mind... Shocked I have a few M&S bras and they are lovely. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Syl wrote:

Oy do you mind... Shocked  I have a few M&S bras and they are lovely. Laughing

Me too. It's where the classy ladies buy their underwear Syl.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

through market forces by all means, women of the chubbier type (or american as they are more popularly  known) could always refuse to buy their clothing.

Ooooh Bitchy  Laughing

Yeah Dean, you seem pretty upset! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Syl wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Ooooh Bitchy  Laughing

I think you are probably right. If the public cared enough they would stop buying ...they do buy, and obviously enough to convince these fashion houses that skinny sells.
I think a lot of brain washing goes on in fashion.....women are sold the idea that they to will look good in the skimpy undies, unfortunately a lacy extravaganza in a size 10 wont look the same in a size 20.....but if the woman feels good, job done.

I still think some of the bigger girls in the OP look sexier than skinny girls though.

It's all advertising, and advertising is deceptive pretty much as a rule.

I remember when an ad section my newspaper publishes put out an ad for a clinic that supposedly treated varicose veins. The model they used for the photo turned out to be 16 years old.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:52 pm

Because of glossy ads and airbrushing and the stupid sizes women are supposed to be, there are so many young pre-pubescent girls on diets and moaning about their body fat.
It's quite disturbing. As the mother of a daughter, I make sure I never treat (lack of) food as a means of starving myself but as a healthy way to live. So many mums don't realise that children copy their eating habits.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:06 pm

There are two types of obese women. Those who have a waist and those who don't.
Makes all the difference between being shapely and shapeless.
A waisted fattie is also more healthy than her rounder counterparts. The apple shape is bad news for health.
Nigella Lawson looks good.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? Image97
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Nigella, PHEWWWWWWW.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:23 pm

eddie wrote:Because of glossy ads and airbrushing and the stupid sizes women are supposed to be, there are so many young pre-pubescent girls on diets and moaning about their body fat.
It's quite disturbing. As the mother of a daughter, I make sure I never treat (lack of) food as a means of starving myself but as a healthy way to live.  So many mums don't realise that children copy their eating habits.

It's worrying that young girls are so body conscious and even on diets as young as 7 or 8.

We have a girl in this street who is obviously overweight, her mother who weighs about 6 stone wet, is one of the useless ones who feeds her Mcdonalds for breakfast.
Last week my son saw this kid, who is about 8 or 9 making herself sick behind a parked car.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

Ooooh Bitchy  Laughing

It's all advertising, and advertising is deceptive pretty much as a rule.

I remember when an ad section my newspaper publishes put out an ad for a clinic that supposedly treated varicose veins. The model they used for the photo turned out to be 16 years old.

Most of the TV ads for creams suited to ageing skin have either a young woman plastering it on, or a film star who has had so much work done and botox injected that they don't even look human, never mind young.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:45 pm

eddie wrote:Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? Image97

I love this.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:53 pm

You know Horatio.....so do I.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:22 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

But you believe supermarkets should be forced to do something about their policies on selling wonky fruit and vegetables but not when it comes to the welfare of human beings.

tut tut.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

But you believe supermarkets should be forced to do something about their policies on selling wonky fruit and vegetables but not when it comes to the welfare of human beings.

tut tut.
do I you seem a little confused.
I asked who is demanding these perfect fruit and veg.
but bless anyway. it must be hard seeing the party you support but cannot bring yourself to vote for being driving into a fringe protest group. So I can understand why you are so weepy
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Syl wrote:

Ooooh Bitchy  Laughing

the thing is VS dont use stick thin models.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

Ooooh Bitchy  Laughing

Yeah Dean, you seem pretty upset! Smile
I've been to wal mart and texas and you dont exactly find that many VS models there
Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? Walmart-fail-1

Is it time Victorias secret started to feature full figured women? Walmart-Fashion-13
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Syl wrote:

Ooooh Bitchy  Laughing

the thing is VS dont use stick thin models.

I didn't say they did, I asked should they start using bigger models....lots of the famous fashion houses DO use stick thin models though.

"Victoria's Secret models are genetically blessed with a particular body type.  Most are a size 2, although quite tall, with a 34”- 36” bust, 23” waist, and 34”-35” hips.  In addition, the models spend long hours exercising and dieting to stay toned.  At 5’11” and 130 lbs (BMI 18), the Victoria's Secret model, Karolina Kurkova, was blasted for having back fat, saddle bags and cellulite.   Most models are actually very skinny indeed, and without heavy make-up or Photo-shopping, they don't look nearly as good in the flesh as they do in pictures."

An American size 2 is equivalent to a British sz 4...as the average Brit woman is now between size 14/16 and much smaller than the 5'9'' to 5'11'' of the VS model.....you can see how unrealistic their models are compared to most ordinary women.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down