NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism

+7
Victorismyhero
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
nicko
Major
eddie
Ben Reilly
11 posters

Go down

Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism Empty Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:59 pm

The details differ, but the defining characteristic of all right-wing religionists is an abiding contempt for religious pluralism. They deny the legitimacy of other faiths. All conservative religious traditions are hostile toward gays and lesbians and those who reject traditional gender roles. Most embrace religious nationalism and reject multiculturalism. There are some exceptions, but most oppose abortion. They all want to return to an idealized vision of an earlier, simpler time. When you get down to brass tacks, they’re all right-wingers.

https://www.thenation.com/article/islamic-terrorism-is-right-wing-terrorism/

Much more at the source; I've always felt this was true. Certainly if you compare the beliefs of Muslim extremists and social conservatives, there's a lot of similarity.

Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism RX8lNP0m7xfZB61FFw4qdJ_ie00DjEMA7ahDP6Ixj3o
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism Empty Re: Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism

Post by eddie Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:56 pm

That's been said before, yes. Any extremism is stupidness.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism Empty Re: Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:37 pm

eddie wrote:That's been said before, yes. Any extremism is stupidness.

A few years after the 9/11 attacks, a summit between fundamentalist Christian Americans and fundamentalist Muslims was organized. Both sides talked about how they couldn't believe how much they agreed upon. Islamic terrorism is the same thing as right-wing terrorism 2396444674
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:39 am

Major wrote:Is this site BECOMING a pro Muslim/Islamic one? Ben

I refer you to his post, above:

"A few years after the 9/11 attacks, a summit between fundamentalist Christian Americans and fundamentalist Muslims was organized. Both sides talked about how they couldn't believe how much they agreed upon."

What does that tell you, Major?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:15 am

I don't know about Major but that tells me nothing came of it!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:23 am

nicko wrote:
I don't know about Major but that tells me nothing came of it!

Idea

WRONG again, nicko...

What did come of it, is that both groups -- the respective right wing factions of both the Conservative Christians (i.e. American Evangelicals..) and the Conservative Muslims (i.e. American Islamists) -- find that they both want pretty much the same thing..

THAT IS, both groups want to drag the world back to those idyllic times (to their narrow way of thinking..) when churches had much more influence, and were tightly intertwined with government.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:30 am

eddie wrote:
Major wrote:
Is this site BECOMING a pro Muslim/Islamic one? Ben

I refer you to his post, above:

"A few years after the 9/11 attacks, a summit between fundamentalist Christian Americans and fundamentalist Muslims was organized. Both sides talked about how they couldn't believe how much they agreed upon."

What does that tell you, Major?

Laughing

What that Idiot Stormee's idiotic comment tells the rest of the forum, is just what a clueless and uncomprehending idiot he actually is..

Only Stormee is so witless and unthinking, that he attempts to claim that an anti-extremist/anti-Islamist thread can somehow be construed as Ben turning this forum into a "pro Muslim" site.

Stormee is well beyond being considered as merely ignorantly stupid..     Idea
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:33 am

Has someone claimed that Islamic terrorism is left wing then, or that it's the same as left-wing terrorism?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Its pointless you fishing for a L/W good R/W bad argument, especially one containing religious allusions (at least from the brits) since YOUR (apparantly american) ideal of liberalism/L.W ism is totally at varience with the european model of said ideals....

I keep trying to tell you YMMV...and it does...wildly
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Has someone claimed that Islamic terrorism is left wing then, or that it's the same as left-wing terrorism?

It happens pretty often in the U.S., particularly back when Bush was in office -- if you were a Democrat who criticized Bush, you must have been on bin Laden's side.

It's been tapering off over the past few years but I always felt that it was unfair to associate the left with extreme fundamentalist conservatism, exhibited both by the American Christian Right and fundamentalist Muslims.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Yes, the mad mullahs and neo nazis have so much in common, they are almost interchangeable, frankly.

Handy Andy explained it rather well in his thread using the clockface as a model.

Both sets of extremists are at 6am, he said.  See link below.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t17690-political-extremism#336109

Last edited by Jules on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Jules wrote:

Yes, Handy Andy explained it rather well in his thread using clocks as a model.

The mad mullahs and neo nazis have so much in common, they are almost interchangeable, frankly.

Yeah I remember the clock thing. I over-complicated it and didn't get it. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:37 pm

Jules wrote:

The mad mullahs and neo nazis have so much in common, they are almost interchangeable, frankly.

Thanks Jules. Appreciated.
At least the decent on here will agree. The fascists wont.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:41 pm

eddie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Yeah I remember the clock thing. I over-complicated it and didn't get it. Rolling Eyes

He was saying that two people coming from opposite directions will meet in the middle.
The crazy imams and the right wing fascists both have conservatism in common.
That's all really, eds. Laughing

Last edited by Jules on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Far-right U.S. politician and commentator Pat Buchannan vs. far-left economic activists:

Buchannan: America is the greatest country in the world! The big successful corporations that were started here owe a great debt to the United States. Thus, because patriotism, they owe it to Americans to not offshore jobs. There should be a law preventing them from doing that.

Lefty economic activists: America is the wealthiest country in the world! The big successful corporations that were started here owe a great debt to the United States. Thus, because fairness, they owe it to Americans to not offshore jobs. There should be a law preventing them from doing that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Just remembered this:

SEBRING, Florida (CNN) -- A couple of hours up the road from where some September 11 hijackers learned to fly, the new head of Aryan Nation is praising them -- and trying to create an unholy alliance between his white supremacist group and al Qaeda.

"You say they're terrorists, I say they're freedom fighters. And I want to instill the same jihadic feeling in our peoples' heart, in the Aryan race, that they have for their father, who they call Allah."

With his long beard and potbelly, August Kreis looks more like a washed up member of ZZ Top than an aspiring revolutionary.

Don't let appearances fool you: his résumé includes stops at some of America's nastiest extremist groups -- Posse Comitatus, the Ku Klux Klan and Aryan Nation.

"I don't believe that they were the ones that attacked us," Kreis said. "And even if they did, even if you say they did, I don't care!"

Kreis wants to make common cause with al Qaeda because, he says, they share the same enemies: Jews and the American government.

The terms they use may be different: White supremacists call them ZOG, the Zionist Occupation Government, while al Qaeda calls them the Jews and Crusaders.

But the hatred is the same. And Kreis wants to exploit that.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/29/schuster.column/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Well he's right about the Jews and the Americans. They were responsible for 9/11.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:46 pm

of course it is the same
it is the politics of the hill shepherd
the Demagogue without morals that lies to the mentally weak.
UKIP, Trump and ISIS all are appealing to the same demographic within their own community.
Fuck, people have been doing it since Ancient Greece Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Waffle...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Has someone claimed that Islamic terrorism is left wing then, or that it's the same as left-wing terrorism?

It happens pretty often in the U.S., particularly back when Bush was in office -- if you were a Democrat who criticized Bush, you must have been on bin Laden's side.

It's been tapering off over the past few years but I always felt that it was unfair to associate the left with extreme fundamentalist conservatism, exhibited both by the American Christian Right and fundamentalist Muslims.

Ah, it's another pop at Christians. I thought so. You didn't mention them in your thread title - you're slipping.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Ah, it's another pop at Christians. I thought so. You didn't mention them in your thread title - you're slipping.

It's not a pop at Christians, you hypersensitive little shit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Bit of an overreaction I'd say.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Hypersensative little shit, who the fuck do you think your talking to?

Getting foul mouthed with posters is not on,
By the way, have a word with your mate Veya, threatening a poster with banning for speaking the truth.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:37 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's not a pop at Christians, you hypersensitive little shit.

Of course it is. You wouldn't mention Muslims in a negative way otherwise - that's very clear.

Take a look at yourself before you call anyone else a "little shit". You're really not a very pleasant person.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:38 pm

nicko wrote:Hypersensative  little shit,    who the fuck do you think your talking to?

Getting foul mouthed with posters is not on,
By the way, have a word with your mate Veya, threatening a poster with banning for speaking the truth.    

Honestly nicko, the admin on this forum have massive superiority complexes. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down