NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Square asks, "should people even go to college?"

4 posters

Go down

Town Square asks, "should people even go to college?" Empty Town Square asks, "should people even go to college?"

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:05 pm

I think that's a ridiculous question, considering the lifelong boost to earning capacity on the practical side, and the incomparably mind-broadening experience that engaging in a college education can be, on top of that.

What do you think?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Town Square asks, "should people even go to college?" Empty Re: Town Square asks, "should people even go to college?"

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:46 am

I think they are a little different here but Yes I strongly suggest anyone with an interest should go to college

Do something focused on a career at the end. try and get experinece in that field before you finish college.

if the question was should 'some' people even go to college? I would say yes there are people that have no need of going, if you're not going to work hard or don't care about learning then don't waste your time and money and just do a trade or something that you are interested in.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Town Square asks, "should people even go to college?" Empty Re: Town Square asks, "should people even go to college?"

Post by mlledeejay Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:25 pm

I personally think college is extremely beneficial, however it depends on your area of specialty. For example, if you wanted to be a carpenter I could why someone would choose not to attend.
mlledeejay
mlledeejay
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:55 am

can you do Carpentry in US colleges?
In Oz we have Universities and TAFEs that are seperate
TAFE is for learning trades like Carpentry.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:59 pm

My town used to have a vocational high school for people not interested in college. It was a wonderful idea. They need one in every city. We have millions of people with college degrees in this country working at fast food joints. There aren't enough professional jobs to justify all these college degrees. IMO Companies no longer train their employees. When I worked for AT&T they had a training campus in Columbus, Ohio that was wonderful. They paid for the training, paid for lodging and meals and transportation to and from the facility. I went there many times for training. Also, they had schools in Nashville, Atlanta and Chicago that I attended. They do none of that any more. It's a shame. We have a technical college here that trains people for the new Volkswagen plant and other businesses. You have to pay for it yourself.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down