NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race

+2
Tommy Monk
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race Empty Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race

Post by eddie Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:15 pm

From aljazeera today....

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/poll-voters-digusted-presidential-race-160921124354232.html

Feelings of frustration, disgust and fear are mounting among US voters, a poll has found, as many Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump supporters say their presidential choice is driven by a dislike of the other candidate.

The Pew Research Center survey, which was released on Wednesday, found that far more respondents felt frustrated (57 percent), disgusted (55 percent) or scared (43 percent) than interested (31 percent), optimistic (15 percent) or excited (only 10 percent).

Trump and Clinton supporters expressed similar levels of frustration, 55 percent and 53 percent respectively, and differed little in their feelings of disgust, 53 percent and 48 percent.

According to the poll, 33 percent of Trump supporters said the main reason for supporting the Republican candidate is that "he is not Clinton", while 32 percent of Democrat Clinton supporters back her because "she is not Trump".

OPINION: The garden of Americanly delights

The same percentage of Clinton supporters also listed her political experience as the main reason to vote for her, while 27 percent of Trump's supporters chose him because he is a political outsider they believe will bring change, according to the poll.

The research centre said that it characterised the views expressed as signs of "a negative campaign".

"Majorities of Americans describe themselves as 'frustrated' and 'disgusted' with the campaign, while few declare themselves 'interested', 'optimistic' or 'excited'. And these negative takes have only become more widespread over the course of the summer," Pew said in its report on the survey.

OPINION: Fear of a black and brown America

Pew also noted that the majority of supporters of both candidates express concerns about their own candidate.

"I don't like most things about him but I can't stand Hillary," said a 73-year-old supporter of Trump who took part in the survey.

A 36-year-old Clinton supporter, on the other hand, said: "She [Clinton] would make a fine president, but I am concerned about her trustworthiness".

In general, Trump supporters said that they were worried about his character and personality, while Clinton supporters said that they were concerned about her honesty or her associations with outside businesses or groups.

Many voters also had unqualified praise for their preferred candidate.

A 78-year-old woman supporting Clinton described her as "a seasoned veteran" who "can get things done".

A 43-year-old man who backs Trump, on the other hand, said: "He [Trump] is not a career politician, and he doesn’t owe politicians anything. He's got real-world experience that most career politicians lack".

More on link

Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race Image23
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race Empty Re: Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:29 pm

A vote for either is a vote for more of the same...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race Empty Re: Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

What is your plan?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:41 pm

My plan is to not live in America...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:07 pm

aljazerra wrote:"Majorities of Americans describe themselves as 'frustrated' and 'disgusted' with the campaign, while few declare themselves 'interested', 'optimistic' or 'excited'. And these negative takes have only become more widespread over the course of the summer," Pew said in its report on the survey.

Most have only themselves to blame...frankly, you are getting what you asked for.  And I blame the Republicans only for starting it; Democrats believe in cowering, and that is just another way of being irresponsible.

I believe the Trump campaign got started with a mixture of cynicism and humor.  Most people looked at Donald as a joke, but they cynically said: Why not...it sends a message that we are disgusted with the wars, lies and irresponsibility of conservatives.!  They have no answers.

Ever tried to joke or be subtle to a computer?  Well...the damn thing takes you seriously.  The election machinery does too; it dutifully recorded the votes cast in mirth, and we have Trump.

In a reflexive way the people got Hillary with the same laziness.  Democrats are more passive in that they are truth-tellers; there's something more energetic about a deceiver.  The deceiver has to be more 'on-top' of his game.

Republicans are deceivers.  See, Why Elephants Lie.  We now know that there were no WMD's in Iraq, but we still buy the same shit when the same people are shoveling it.  Now, that's stupidity, plain and simple.

The Republicans strategically mixed their lies with the sentiments of underdogs everywhere, and told people 1) they are the 1%, which is true; but 2) Hillary is the 99%, which is not true.  They shoveled the shit, and just like Benghazi and E.mailgate, the people proved they still swallow it.

So now we have an absolute idiot as the Republican candidate, because people played the theater of the absurd and tried to vote for cynicism.  But we also have an unpopular candidate on the other side, because buying the lies of the energetic participant is the way of lazy people.

What is really missed by all the polls is that the lies won again...just like WMD's in Iraq.  That the lies both emanate from the Republicans is almost negligible; what is more significant is that it worked...people are still gullible and believe lies.

I remember thinking this same thought in 2006.  People only have themselves to blame.  I find a lot of humor in their frustration.  Small reward, but it's enough.  The alternative is to start becoming disappointed with democracy itself.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:14 pm

I disagree that a vote for either would lead to "more of the same." Maybe a vote for Clinton would, but a Trump victory could bring a lot of change, and I don't think it would be change that Americans or the rest of the world would want.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I disagree that a vote for either would lead to "more of the same." Maybe a vote for Clinton would, but a Trump victory could bring a lot of change, and I don't think it would be change that Americans or the rest of the world would want.

And that ain't bad...Barak Obama is probably the best president the US has ever had. It's in the numbers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Obama is the best I've seen in my lifetime but I still think he's a little "unnaturally nice".
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:06 pm

eddie wrote:Obama is the best I've seen in my lifetime but I still think he's a little "unnaturally nice".

Well, but isn't that the way that blacks have to be acculturated?  They are taught to be overly solicitous precisely because of the incessant racism, particularly in the south.

I remember when I was driving one time south on Interstate 55 to New Orleans.  Just south of Memphas we entered Mississippi, and thence to Louisiana.  

All along that stretch of highway, black drivers were going at least 10 mph under the speed limit.  It was obvious: blacks must demonstrate a certain obsequiousness toward whites (the police) or be pulled over, perhaps to be beaten, for not showing that necessary extra deference for race.

This is the way of America, particularly in the south.  We hear about black gangs and black violence, but it is really tiny percentage of real life, which we hear about just because of its infrequency.  Normal life for a black in America is to have to present themselves as "unnaturally nice".  I imagine that Obama was given the frequent lecture about being extra special, nice to the white folk.

That said, I can't leave the subject without saying, I think Obama is an extraordinary speaker, with an ease and command of the language never before found in an American politician.  It's actually an entertainment joy to hear/watch him speak before a crowd.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

much like #faragEGO then?

Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:20 pm

eddie wrote:Obama is the best I've seen in my lifetime but I still think he's a little "unnaturally nice".
why?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:44 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
why?

I don't trust people that don't make little fuck-ups, or who don't sometimes look stressed, or stick their foot in their mouth, or don't show when they're fucked off.

I don't do "perfect".
I don't trust perfect and I don't like perfect and I don't want perfect.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:00 pm

eddie wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
why?

I don't trust people that don't make little fuck-ups, or who don't sometimes look stressed, or stick their foot in their mouth, or don't show when they're fucked off.

I don't do "perfect".
I don't trust perfect and I don't like perfect and I don't want perfect.

Haha...then you obviously don't trust me.  I'm a fantastic trial lawyer, and I never make fuck-ups.  I have a photographic memory and a steel-trap mind for logic...and I'm great with in-court theatrics, with a perfect sense of timing.

The only criticism that jurors make with me is, I'm too egotistical.  Razz

(But that's after I've won.)

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:38 pm

You haven't fucked up yet or in your opinion.

You make little fuck-ups on here - perhaps not factually when you're writing, but you've misread and misquoted and lost your temper.
Still fuck ups. And that's okay.

Ps I fucked this post up utterly and have had to correct it twice. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:04 pm

eddie wrote:You haven't fucked up yet or in your opinion.

You make little fuck-ups on here - perhaps not factually when you're writing, but you've misread and misquoted and lost your temper.

Moi? I never get upset.

eddie wrote:Still fuck ups. And that's okay.

I was thinking more in the courtroom. Never lost a case...had some bad twists, but never lost. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:You haven't fucked up yet or in your opinion.

Moi?  I never get upset.

eddie wrote:Still fuck ups. And that's okay.

I was thinking more in the courtroom.  Never lost a case...had some bad twists, but never lost.  Laughing

That's only because I never became a lawyer in America Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I disagree that a vote for either would lead to "more of the same." Maybe a vote for Clinton would, but a Trump victory could bring a lot of change, and I don't think it would be change that Americans or the rest of the world would want.

And that ain't bad...Barak Obama is probably the best president the US has ever had.  It's in the numbers.

That's what I meant; people say Clinton will be a third term of Obama and I say bring it on! Economic stability, minimal military adventures, social progress being made, action taken on climate change, infrastructure, education, etc. -- what's so bad about that?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Moi?  I never get upset.

I was thinking more in the courtroom.  Never lost a case...had some bad twists, but never lost.  Laughing

Ahah...a challenge. Well, you'll first have to be a lawyer in Arizona, California, Utah, Colorado, and Illinois, plus District Courts in No. California, Central CA, ARIZ, Utah, and Northern District of Illinois, not to mention Circuit Courts in the Seventh, Eighth and Ninth Circuits...and then the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington DC.

When you have won cases in all those courts, talk to me. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

And that ain't bad...Barak Obama is probably the best president the US has ever had.  It's in the numbers.

That's what I meant; people say Clinton will be a third term of Obama and I say bring it on! Economic stability, minimal military adventures, social progress being made, action taken on climate change, infrastructure, education, etc. -- what's so bad about that?

Another one of the repetitive Republican lies is that America is doing poorly.  The only thing that they have to point to is the white candidate for the presidency has done poorly.  That's what they mean when they say, bring back the old times.

It's amazing,  The Republicans (Bush and Cheney) left the country in an ugly, purposeless war, on the brink of the next depression, with double-digit unemployment, a $17-trillion deficit and bin Laden still alive and running around.

Obama got the country out of Iraq, saved America from an imminent Depression, brought unemployment down from 10.5% to 4.1%, overseen the creation of 8-million jobs, overseen the American stock market soar to over $20,000 average in the Dow Jones (highest ever), finally created a highly successful medical care system (despite the sour grapes of Republicans) and he got bin Laden when the Republican administration was completely inept at finding him.  And Bush called himself a 'war president'!  

I see ads and signs all over the place calling people in to turn in employment applications.  Even the coveted, cushy jobs at the US Postal Service...they have signs up on post office buildings begging for people to apply.  I haven't seen times like this since the 1950's.

That's a hell of a record.  The only reason Republicans don't like Obama is because of his race.  That's their problem.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Moi?  I never get upset.

Ahah...a challenge.  Well, you'll first have to be a lawyer in Arizona, California, Utah, Colorado, and Illinois, plus District Courts in No. California, Central CA, ARIZ, Utah, and Northern District of Illinois, not to mention Circuit Courts in the Seventh, Eighth and Ninth Circuits...and then the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington DC.

When you have won cases in all those courts, talk to me.  Razz  

I will see you in about twenty years then. Neutral
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

My plan is to not live in America...

Poll: Most US voters 'disgusted' with presidential race 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You were denying this was at all possible the other day and would never happen as it is illegal... but now you are saying it is a good idea!?

Do you not longer recognise/support the law...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

You were denying this was at all possible the other day and would never happen as it is illegal... but now you are saying it is a good idea!?

Do you not longer recognise/support the law...!?

Nothing is perfect tommy, but my god Obama has been such a fresh breeze after the lying, stagnating mob left over from the Reagan gang.  They lied and stole their way into a war, and then proceeded to kidnap, rape, torture, murder and bomb, and for what?  Some used-up ideology left over from Churchill.  Even the Soviets had given it up.

Now that twisted-brain reappears as Donald Trump, not even pretending to wear underwear.  Now, not only did they kidnap, rape, torture, murder and bomb, but now they brag about it.  They want to rape little 12-year old girls all over again.  They are completely open about their racism, wanting to build walls, end veterans benefits, take away healthcare, and solidify the position of the 99%.

More of the same as Obama would break their backs, finally, and forever.  It's a mission that needs doing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down