NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Should We Kill Every Stray Cat In Britain

+5
nicko
The Devil, You Know
Original Quill
'Wolfie
Major
9 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Why Should We Kill Every Stray Cat In Britain Empty Re: Why Should We Kill Every Stray Cat In Britain

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Suspect

ANOTHER crock-of-shite pseudo-science report from that paragon of truth, justice and whackjob stories, the 'Daily Flail'...

Certainly, there are too many stray and feral numbers of domestic varieties of felines on this planet -- and there sometimes there is the need for occasional culling of their numbers, especially in certain parts of the Americas and Australasia...

However, that isn't what this thinly-veiled fallaciois piece of catphobics wetdreams is attempting there.  Rather that pathetic example of scaremongering simply shows what happens when the cat hating fantasies of three certain fools are giving some public airtime.         What a Face

NOTE that the reporter refers to a couple of so called "experts" without actually telling us what fields they work in, what qualifications they have, or how they come up with those grossly inflated numbers for supposed wildlife kills..

For all we know, that British naturalist could have made up that American "expert" --  and what was their methodology for counting the kills ?
The there are the widely disparate differences in the supposed kill tallies for Britain and America --  are American cats really that much more hungry than British cats ?

The reporters anti-moggy feelings are then further exposed by his references to cats as "psychopathic" killers, and then his grossly exaggerated and misleading fear-mongering efforts in relation to the Toxoplasmosis parasites..         silent

His histrionic "reporting" looks more like publicity for the cat-eradication desires of three like minded cat haters, rather than any genuine attempt at reporting on any actual potential environmental problems..

And yes, Major  --  imagine the population explosions in mice and rats across the world, if the cat haters ever get their way (and the diseases that rats carry, as well as the damage they cause..).  Cats have become so much a part of the inter-connected human environment over the millenia, that the suggested cat genocide by the anti-feline lobby in that story could have far more catastrophic effects, than what a more reasoned and level-headed approach to localised problems might have.         cat

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why Should We Kill Every Stray Cat In Britain Empty Re: Why Should We Kill Every Stray Cat In Britain

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:11 pm

"Catphobics wetdreams"...I love it.  If you can name it, there's got to be a pill for it.  Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:53 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

ANOTHER crock-of-shite pseudo-science report from that paragon of truth, justice and whackjob stories, the 'Daily Flail'...

Certainly, there are too many stray and feral numbers of domestic varieties of felines on this planet -- and there sometimes there is the need for occasional culling of their numbers, especially in certain parts of the Americas and Australasia...

However, that isn't what this thinly-veiled fallaciois piece of catphobics wetdreams is attempting there.  Rather that pathetic example of scaremongering simply shows what happens when the cat hating fantasies of three certain fools are giving some public airtime.          What a Face

NOTE that the reporter refers to a couple of so called "experts" without actually telling us what fields they work in, what qualifications they have, or how they come up with those grossly inflated numbers for supposed wildlife kills..

For all we know, that British naturalist could have made up that American "expert" --  and what was their methodology for counting the kills ?
The there are the widely disparate differences in the supposed kill tallies for Britain and America --  are American cats really that much more hungry than British cats ?

The reporters anti-moggy feelings are then further exposed by his references to cats as "psychopathic" killers, and then his grossly exaggerated and misleading fear-mongering efforts in relation to the Toxoplasmosis parasites..         silent

His histrionic "reporting" looks more like publicity for the cat-eradication desires of three like minded cat haters, rather than any genuine attempt at reporting on any actual potential environmental problems..

And yes, Major  --  imagine the population explosions in mice and rats across the world, if the cat haters ever get their way (and the diseases that rats carry, as well as the damage they cause..).  Cats have become so much a part of the inter-connected human environment over the millenia, that the suggested cat genocide by the anti-feline lobby in that story could have far more catastrophic effects, than what a more reasoned and level-headed approach to localised problems might have.         cat
cats kill wild birds at an alarming rate. birds do quite a good job at eating pests
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Anyone trying to kill my cat had better wear bullet proof trousers.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:26 pm

nicko wrote:Anyone trying to kill my cat had better wear bullet proof trousers.

Nicko, did your cat ever return?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Eddie, the young cat, Mitzie, just disappeared, never saw her again.

Still hope she will turn up, but hope is all but gone.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:05 am

well it is probably needed if they have ferals. but i didn't think that was the case in the UK

down here it is definitly needed with cats now wiping out more spieces than humans (since they have moved into area that are still unpopulated by humans)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:56 am

They say the common house cat is the no. 1 predator in the world.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:04 am

Smile

AS I said earlier, feral cats are a problem in many parts of Australia and the Americas...

However, the figures simply don't support the histrionics portrayed by obvious cat haters in articles like that from the Daily Flail..

Indeed, go looking, and you find that those lazy (bleeps) haven't even bothered to carry out any real world surveys -- what most of those self-declared experts have invariably done, is to take some often quoted figures from Australia about suspected wildlife kills by domestic cats and their feral kindred --  and then extrapolate and adjust them to their local conditions. Not very scientific at all, but then their ingrained commen hatred for cats, dogs, horses, sheep and cattle tends to override any rigorous scientific disclipline they might possess..

Even the original figures used for Australia aren't all that reliable --  as they themselves were originally based on one particular naturalist surveying the feral cats near his home in Tasmania over one 18 month period.  No replications, no peer group reviews, no comparative observations and discussions from other regions..

Nope, the cat-hating quarter of of the environmental movement simply took that report because it was favourable to their cause, and ran with it...         Suspect
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:16 am

nicko wrote:
Eddie,   the young cat,  Mitzie,    just disappeared,     never saw her again.

Still hope she will turn up,     but hope is all but gone.

Smile

Then again, there's also the possibilty that she may have "adopted" a new family.  That does happen sometimes, especially with younger cats..

And, what's the chances that some school kid may have taken a fancy to her one day, and taken it home -- I once suspected that a kitten that disappeared from nearby a few years back could have been catnapped by some school girls who had stopped by the front yard to play with them a few times over a couple of weeks -- where one schoolkid could take a kitten home, and say to her/his parents "Look what Mable's parents/neighbour/whoever said I could have, Mum !"         Question
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:19 am

nicko wrote:
Anyone trying to kill my cat had better wear bullet proof trousers.

pirat

I'm of the same mindset as you on this issue, nicko...

Except in my case, it would more likely be an arrow up their backside..   Why Should We Kill Every Stray Cat In Britain 2088947957
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:23 am

you guy do realise you can keep your pet on your property right? Suspect Suspect Suspect

the worst are actually the people that let the cat out a night to go murdering.
a responisble pet owner has their animal under control at all times and doesn't let it out unsupervised.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:33 am

The same could be said of some people!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:56 am

nicko wrote:The same could be said of some people!

umm nicko you cant own people Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

while maybe it migth apply to some parents and their sprogs

As a Dog, Lizard and Bird owner I dont expect to be allowed to let them out into the neighbourhood unsupervised and without having it under control.

Cat owners shouldnt either, in areas like where my farm house is
no collar and wandering around the bush DOES make it a legit thing to shoot.
as in parks and wildlife services WANT you to as it is 'pest animal'.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:33 am

nicko wrote:Eddie,   the young cat,  Mitzie,    just disappeared,     never saw her again.

Still hope she will turn up,     but hope is all but gone.

I'm sorry Nicko. Don't give up hope X
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:52 am

nicko wrote:Anyone trying to kill my cat had better wear bullet proof trousers.
your cat is not feral is it?

here cats are everywhere, one cat I feed now and again is just about to have her third litter this year.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:54 am

veya_victaous wrote:

As a Dog, Lizard and Bird owner I dont expect to be allowed to let them out into the neighbourhood unsupervised and without having it under control.

you should have a word with islamic extremists about that
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:55 am

veya_victaous wrote:

wouldn't cats be useful in keeping down the plagues of mice in the farming country
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:21 am

My cat brings home,at least, 10 mice and rats every week.

In ten years he's never brought a bird home, in fact he will lie in the garden and watch birds 3 ft or less from his nose!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:58 am

It should be law tang all cats be neutered, it surely can't be fair on them if their owners are allowing them to have litter after litter?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:59 am

It should be law that all cats be neutered, it surely can't be fair on them if their owners are allowing them to have litter after litter?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:59 am

nicko wrote:My cat brings home,at least, 10 mice and rats every week.

In ten years he's never brought a bird home,   in fact he will lie in the garden and watch birds 3 ft or less from his nose!
yours may not, but millions of birds are killed by cats every year
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Perhaps administering contraceptives to feral cats would help. Probably not feasible but at least more humane.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:30 pm

All the cats i'v had have been neutered/ spayed/ micro chipped[ since that was available] had all injections and are health checked by a vet twice a year. Costs me a bloody fortune. So you see any bugger that hurts my cats i'd fcuking kill 'em!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Major, if you know who killed them it's your duty to report them to the police.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:13 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

As a Dog, Lizard and Bird owner I dont expect to be allowed to let them out into the neighbourhood unsupervised....

Idea

Dogs have masters...

Cats have servants..         cat
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:21 pm

eddie wrote:
It should be law tang all cats be neutered, it surely can't be fair on them if their owners are allowing them to have litter after litter?

Idea

Cats and dogs both should be neutered, unless specifically kept for legitimate and quality breeding purposes (i.e. not for "puppy farms"..).

Better for both the animals and the environment (which includes both wildlife and local human communities..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:06 pm

harm one of My pets...and your worst nightmare will suddenly seem a nice place to be......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Too late to do anything about it then.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down