NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!

4 posters

Go down

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Empty 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:09 pm

OK, check that off of my 'bucket list': been there - done that, I do not need a repeat!  Had just gone to refresh my morning coffee cup, sat done and thought one of my dogs was scratching and hitting my desk causing my monitor to vibrate -
NOOOOOO, then the whole house started thumping and the pounding - vibration sensation from under my feet was horrible!  Cabinet doors popped open - pots and pans shaking - dogs wanting to crawl into my lap - cattle out in the feed lot bawling and running ...enough of this CRAP! 
STOP WITH THOSE BASTARD FRACKING DOWN IN OKLAHOMA - you lousy bastards - STOP IT!
Earthquake jolts Flint Hills
Last Updated on September 3rd, 2016  
Written by Chuck Samples
KVOE listeners were rudely awoken early Saturday.
The US Geological Survey says a 5.6 preliminary magnitude earthquake stuck about 10 miles north of Pawnee, Okla., just after 7 am, sending significant tremors across the Flint Hills for about 10 minutes. Details are pending through the USGS.
KVOE listeners report pictures and knick-knacks being knocked off walls, door chimes shaking abnormally, a car "dancing" in a driveway and animals acting strangely. Reports have come in from Emporia, Olpe, Strong City, Americus, Madison, Burlington, Reading and elsewhere across the KVOE listening area.
Stay updated on KVOE, KVOE.com and KVOE social media.
Now we're having people worried about our old water & gas lines, with justification ...it shook that hard! affraid

Back to top Go down

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Empty Re: 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:02 pm

affraid

ITALY, New Zealand, Oklahoma, Kansas....

The whole world's falling apart !!!

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  3986371719
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Empty Re: 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:04 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:affraid

ITALY,  New Zealand,  Oklahoma, Kansas....

The whole world's falling apart  !!!

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  3986371719

Time to start planning that emergency shelter Bee 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Hole10

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:09 pm

I saw that on GMA this morning and thought of you immediately, 4Eva.

North/eastern Oklahoma. That's right in the middle of your spread. That's some doggy itch, if that's what it was. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:12 pm

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  14184519_1269762963056090_1443407383399034535_n
John Geery in Stull, Kansas.  3 hrs ·
At 7:01 this morning in Stull KS:
5.6 earthquake from Pawnee OK
This little town is outside of our State Capitol - Topeka, KS.  Yes there is wide spread damage.  My house had some stuff fall off of the walls - it was out in the garage that I've been spending most of my morning!  Picking up lumber - trim pieces - tools - things I had hanging that are now down and all over the place ...what once was organized is now CHAOS! 
Well, at least it a beautiful day, to be doing garage chores but I've got loads of yard work - trimming - mowing that needs to be done as soon as I unbury my riding mower!  DANG IT~~~

Gee, FTL ...I sure enjoy your cute emotioncon/similes; no one seems to mind your selection and use - while I get reamed from many friendly members for using mine!  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Earthquake Shakes Swath of Midwest From Nebraska to Texas

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Earthquake+pawnee

Grocery store items were rattled off their shelves at Whites Food Liner in Pawnee, Oklahoma.

One of Oklahoma's largest earthquakes on record rattled other parts of the Midwest on Saturday from Nebraska to North Texas, and likely will turn new attention to the practice of disposing oil and gas field wastewater deep underground.
The United States Geological Survey said a 5.6 magnitude earthquake happened at 7:02 a.m. Saturday in north-central Oklahoma, a key energy-producing region. Five aftershocks, ranging from 3.6 to 2.7, were reported in the hour after the initial quake.
They also have reports of a 3.1 earthquake east of Luther and a 3.2 quake east-northeast of Medford in the state.
Pawnee County Emergency Management Director Mark Randell said there was some damage, but no buildings collapsed in Pawnee, a town of 2,200 about 9 miles southeast of the epicenter, and there were no injuries, either.
5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Earthquake+Pawnee+Grocery+Store
The United States Geological Survey said a 5.6 magnitude earthquake happened at 7:02 a.m. Saturday in north-central Oklahoma.

"We've got buildings cracked,'' Randell said. "Most of it's brick and mortar, old buildings from the early 1900s"
The office of Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin tweeted that state highway crews were checking for bridge damage, and the state Department of Emergency Management would assess damage and determine how to address it.
People in Kansas City and St. Louis, Missouri; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Des Moines, Iowa; and Norman, Oklahoma, all reported feeling the earthquake. No major damage was immediately reported.

Saturday's quake was centered about 9 miles northwest of Pawnee, Oklahoma, which has a population of about 2,200. Earlier this week, Pawnee, which is about 70 miles northeast of Oklahoma City, saw a magnitude 3.2 temblor. The 5.6 quake ties for Oklahoma's strongest earthquake on record, the first coming in November 2011.
USGS geophysicist Robert Sanders described the quake as "one of the largest events in Oklahoma in the last few years." He said it was shallow, about a couple of miles deep.
Sanders said given its strength and shallow depth, there is the potential for damage, but they haven't received any reports yet. 
An increase in magnitude 3.0 or greater earthquakes in Oklahoma has been linked to underground disposal of wastewater from oil and natural gas production. State regulators have asked producers to reduce wastewater disposal volumes in earthquake-prone regions of the state.
A cluster of quakes in northwestern Oklahoma this year included a magnitude 5.1 earthquake, and several 4.7 quakes were felt last fall before regulators stepped in to limit disposal activity.
Some parts of Oklahoma now match northern California for the nation's most shake prone, and one Oklahoma region has a 1 in 8 chance of a damaging quake in 2016, with other parts closer to 1 in 20.
Sean Weide in Omaha, Nebraska, told The Associated Press that he'd never been in an earthquake before and thought he was getting dizzy. Weide said he and one of his daughters "heard the building start creaking" and said it "was surreal."
Source: Earthquake Shakes Swath of Midwest From Nebraska to Texas | NBC4 Washington http://www.nbcwashington.com/weather/stories/Earthquake-Shakes-Swath-of-Midwest-from-Missouri-to-Oklahoma-392239401.html#ixzz4JD5ecwtX

Record year for Oklahoma earthquakes
By: Victoria Maranan [email=victoria.maranan@kxii.com?subject=RE:Record year for Oklahoma]Email[/email]
Updated: Wed 8:43 PM, Feb 29, 2012                                              
5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Ok+earthquakes
OKLAHOMA -- Just Wednesday afternoon, a 3.0 magnitude earthquake shook the central Oklahoma town of Wellston. Experts tell us the state experienced more than 1,000 quakes last year, with tremors felt by more than 60,000 people across Oklahoma and surrounding states.
Seismologists saw a big jump in the number of earthquakes in Oklahoma last year. More than 1,000 quakes were recorded in 2011 -- ten times the average number of 100 a year.
Last year also produced the strongest quake in the state's history -- a 5.6 magnitude tremor in Lincoln County -- in November.
http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Record_year_for_Oklahoma_earthquakes_140983543.html

Well, if this crap keeps up we'll be forced to add on 'earthquake insurance policy' to our home owners coverage and depending on what the national disaster management guru's decide once all of the reports are in they may file a meeting with the FCC and push to do that anyway! 

Many of the area's hardest hit month after month in Oklahoma have had structure damage and ZERO home/business coverage because until this earthquake business became so out of hand there wasn't any issue for all of those residents in Oklahoma!
Oklahoma earthquake activity set to break records in 2016
Oklahoma’s seismic activity in 2016 is predicted to blow out that of any previous year’s records. 
Saturday, January 9, 2016 12:01 am
STACY RYBURN World Staff Writer TulsaWorld.com
4.0-plus magnitude quakes for 2016
Jan. 1, 5:39 a.m.: 4.2, 5km NE of Edmond

Jan. 6, 10:27 p.m.: 4.4, 31km NW of Fairview

Jan. 6, 10:27 p.m.: 4.8, 32km NW of Fairview

Jan. 7,   2:37 a.m.: 4.0, 27km NW of Fairview

Jan. 7,   1:59 p.m.: 4.0, 30km NW of Fairview

Jan. 8,   7:36 a.m.: 4.1, 30km NNW of Fairview

Source: U.S. Geological Survey

The year has gotten off to a shaky start in Oklahoma — literally.
Only eight days in to 2016, the state has already seen six earthquakes of 4.0 magnitude or greater, according to data.
It wasn’t until Jan. 27 that Oklahoma saw its first 4.0-plus earthquakes in 2015. A pair hit on that afternoon within a short time frame — a 4.2-magnitude quake near Perry in Noble County and a 4.0 near Medford in Grant County, as recorded by the Oklahoma Geological Survey.
It took even longer in 2014. The state’s first 4.0 or above earthquakes that year — 4.2 and 4.1 in magnitude — hit Logan County on March 30, according to the state agency.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/earthquakes/oklahoma-earthquake-activity-set-to-break-records-in/article_cb93b1b1-0654-5a32-a684-0c896df21c2d.html
5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  CH-OklahomaEarthquakes_1979-2014_form%20OkGS

5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  2008_earthquakesofoklahoma

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:56 pm

It must be really scary living in an earthquake prone city.
Stay safe.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Syl wrote:It must be really scary living in an earthquake prone city.
Stay safe.

I wanted to add my best wishes earlier but it would've been taken the wrong way.
I echo your sentiments.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:It must be really scary living in an earthquake prone city.
Stay safe.

I wanted to add my best wishes earlier but it would've been taken the wrong way.
I echo your sentiments.

I think no matter how much people argue online, deep down no one of any substance wishes other posters (even the ones they don't gel with) nothing but peace and safety ...and when we hear of disaters happening we all hope each other is safe.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Of course.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:05 pm

4EVER2 wrote:5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  14184519_1269762963056090_1443407383399034535_n
John Geery in Stull, Kansas.  3 hrs ·
At 7:01 this morning in Stull KS:
5.6 earthquake from Pawnee OK
This little town is outside of our State Capitol - Topeka, KS.  Yes there is wide spread damage.  My house had some stuff fall off of the walls - it was out in the garage that I've been spending most of my morning!  Picking up lumber - trim pieces - tools - things I had hanging that are now down and all over the place ...what once was organized is now CHAOS! 
Well, at least it a beautiful day, to be doing garage chores but I've got loads of yard work - trimming - mowing that needs to be done as soon as I unbury my riding mower!  DANG IT~~~

Gee, FTL ...I sure enjoy your cute emotioncon/similes; no one seems to mind your selection and use - while I get reamed from many friendly members for using mine!  Evil or Very Mad

Thanks 4ever2, that very kind of you.  I love the cheeky little devils 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Angel_12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:01 pm

FTL stated > Thanks 4ever2, that very kind of you.  I love the cheeky little devils 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Angel_12

What link or freebie sight do you use?  This is the one I'm most often to open up >
http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:48 am

The authorities in Oklahoma have shut down 37 wastewater wells used by the fracking industry to extract oil and gas after a 5.6-magnitude earthquake rocked the area on Saturday, equaling the biggest quake to hit the state. Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin tweeted that the decision to shut down the wells was a “mandatory directive” and the total area of interest is 725 sq. miles. ©️ Jim Urquhar Fracking-caused earthquakes put 7 million Americans at risk – USGS
The tremor affected the town of Pawnee in the north of the state, while it was also felt over a seven-state area, the United States Geological Society (USGS) reported. Saturday’s earthquake matches the strongest recorded tremor ever to have hit the area, which occurred in 2011.
“Without studying the specifics of the wastewater injection and oil and gas production in this area, the USGS cannot currently conclude whether or not this particular earthquake was caused by industrial-related, human activities,” the agency said in a statement on Saturday. “However, we do know that many earthquakes in Oklahoma have been triggered by wastewater fluid injection.”
https://www.rt.com/usa/358233-oklahoma-earthquake-fracking-wells/
Well this is the 'SOP' after one of these earthquakes have done some serious structural damage ...but it's only an after the FACT response to the collateral damage! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:25 am

4EVER2 wrote:
FTL stated > Thanks 4ever2, thats very kind of you.  I love the cheeky little devils 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Angel_12

What link or freebie sight do you use?  This is the one I'm most often to open up >
http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html

Hi 4ever2, I've made a personal smiley library over several years from lots of different sites......sad but true 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Ashame10

having said that, sometimes an appropriately placed smiley can say a thousand words 5.6 earth quake shakes a huge section of Oklahoma & Kansas this morning!  Love_h10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down