NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groupon: what a con

2 posters

Go down

Groupon: what a con  Empty Groupon: what a con

Post by eddie Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:44 pm

So after all the ads and people waffling on about "Groupon is great! I got a diamond ring for a pound!", I decided to join up.
I've been bombarded with lots of money off stuff - about fifteen emails a day - and 'great deals I must not miss'.

But there's nothing I want! It's all Brazilian blow drys for your hair Rolling Eyes hot wax for your bikini line Shocked spray tans for your whole body monkey or eyebrow threading Suspect

I'm not a bloody Barbie doll! I wanted half price tickets to shows or exhibitions or free food at a Pan-Asian restaurant!!

I'm so disappointed. Pfffff.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Groupon: what a con  Empty Re: Groupon: what a con

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:47 pm

You do get that,, you just have to be patient and wait for them to come up.

What most people don't realise is that Groupon take 50 percent of the vendors' fee. So, if you offer a cut and blow dry for say, £15, Groupon get £7.50 of that. It's a really bad way to get business going and sustaining it. I worked for someone who only used Groupon to fund her business. She went bust in a year.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:So after all the ads and people waffling on about "Groupon is great! I got a diamond ring for a pound!", I decided to join up.
I've been bombarded with lots of money off stuff - about fifteen emails a day - and 'great deals I must not miss'.

But there's nothing I want! It's all Brazilian blow drys for your hair Rolling Eyes  hot wax for your bikini line Shocked spray tans for your whole body monkey or eyebrow threading Suspect

I'm not a bloody Barbie doll! I wanted half price tickets to shows or exhibitions or free food at a Pan-Asian restaurant!!

I'm so disappointed. Pfffff.

You have been doing the wrong thing Eddie.   Don't wait for their emails, go on the Groupon site and look at things to do in London for example:

https://www.groupon.co.uk/browse/london?category=things-to-do&category2=tickets-and-events&address=London%2C+UK&administrative_area=England&lat=51.5073509&lng=-0.12775829999998223&locale=en_GB&locality=London

Nearly 750 things, including Opera, greyhound racing (I wouldn't go to that), shows, rugby, burleque, Cafe de Paris etc

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Oh. Ok. Pffffff. Well I feel an idiot then. Embarassed
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:47 pm

LOL, took me a while to get the hang of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum