NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? Empty Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Last two days, done exactly the same thing I have always done but instead of posting the pic it just posts the url I enter into the box. Now it won't even let me post youtube. I can post them on Facebook etc and have been posting them for years, so don't understand.

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? Empty Re: Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc?

Post by JulesV Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:48 pm

It's been a bit slow for me too, at other forumotion sites. It even had the cheek to tell me my session in the picture-posting box had expired - after just a couple of minutes.  Shocked  It's OK now.

I was also ordered to update my adobe flash when I tried to view a youtube song and they froze the page. But I ignored it  cos some updates come with a sting in the tail. I pressed "escape" and this unfroze it.

Everything is fine now. I love forumotion!! Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? 1716015268

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? Empty Re: Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:53 pm

It's just refusing to do anything for me, want to shout at it, if only it could hear me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:54 pm

LOL ...mine has been my FONT changes; I'll type a post up in a standard font and once it's sent an I review it often it's 2 sizes larger then when I'd typed it.  Dang Gremlins!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Silly thing is, it will let me change my avi! Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:58 pm

sassy wrote:Last two days, done exactly the same thing I have always done but instead of posting the pic it just posts the url I enter into the box.    Now it won't even let me post youtube.   I can post them on Facebook etc and have been posting them for years, so don't understand.

Look at the switch editor mode

This is the last button on the very right of the symbols above the posting box.

You may need to press this to go back to being able to post pictures or videos and will also copy and paste as text.

Whn you switch edictor mode, it allows for then pictures, videos and the article copid with then web links attached to highlighted words

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Well I will give it a try, perhaps that is the problem, thank you.

Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? Animated_pentagram

Well, what do you know, it worked!!!   My thanks again Didge lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? 3671490851_3493429b95

Just checked, I can copy pics but last night I kept getting timed out after I had written a post...

Just checked, it seems OK now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Smile

I'VE had problems trying to post pic's and YouTube clips from a Samsung tablet onto here -- the forumation system and the Android system refusing to talk to each other ('code not supported' error message..);

Where I didn't have much trouble doing the same thing from a laptop...

I put it down to tablets having a more limited operating system --   meaning that you often have to do more yourself to make things happen.  I will have to try Didge's suggestion next time I get this error message again..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:18 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Smile

I'VE had problems trying to post pic's and YouTube clips from a Samsung tablet onto here -- the forumation system and the Android system refusing to talk to each other ('code not supported' error message..);

I put it down to tablets having a more limited operating system --   meaning that you often have to do more yourself to make things happen.  I will have to try Didge's suggestion next time I get this error message again..

My main problem trying to C & P while on my tablet is the proper way to hold my finger {apply proper pressure while holding my tongue at the proper angle} and not pushing quite to firmly nor too lightly and getting the entire 'URL' that is needed for the C & P!  I'm getting better but OMG, Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? 2396444674  that is just sooooo frustrating to accomplish some days!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:27 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Smile

My main problem trying to C & P while on my tablet is the proper way to hold my finger {apply proper pressure while holding my tongue at the proper angle} and not pushing quite to firmly nor too lightly and getting the entire 'URL' that is needed for the C & P!  I'm getting better but OMG, Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? 2396444674  that is just sooooo frustrating to accomplish some days!

LOL, the tongue has got to be at the proper angle!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:33 pm

I did find that I've had to keep my finger nails trimmed back - having long nails does impede using my tablet properly! 
That took having it explained to me from my 10 yr old little neighbor girl when I first got my tablet 3 yrs ago - DUHHHHH!  Lordy, that sure was an eye - opener Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Terrible when the kids just DO IT and you have to work it out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:44 pm

sassy wrote:Terrible when the kids just DO IT and you have to work it out!

'Kid Tested - Kid Approved' ...and the Big Pharma think that those little rascals can't get into a medicine bottle; Anyone else having trouble posting pics, youtube etc? 3201073460   quicker then I'm able too.  LOL  I often have to ask for help with that chore as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:03 pm

It's not loading any YouTube videos (already posted) on my side. Probably a forumotion problem again ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:11 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's not loading any YouTube videos (already posted) on my side. Probably a forumotion problem again ...

loading for me now!!!   Contrary or what!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:50 am

sassy wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:It's not loading any YouTube videos (already posted) on my side. Probably a forumotion problem again ...

loading for me now!!!   Contrary or what!

Pero no para mi. Que paso con forumotion? Ay ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down