NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Florida is gunning down seniors...

5 posters

Go down

Now Florida is gunning down seniors... Empty Now Florida is gunning down seniors...

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Int'l Business Times wrote:Punta Gorda Police Shooting: 73-Year-Old Mary Knowlton

A 73-year-old Florida woman died after being accidentally shot at a citizen training academy Tuesday evening in Punta Gorda, Charlotte County. The incident happened during a live gun demonstration at police headquarters, according Punta Gorda Police Department.

The victim was identified as Mary Knowlton, who was one of the two Citizen Police Academy students randomly selected for “shoot/don’t shoot” role-playing scenario. The demonstration was to instruct the class about making decisions “using simulated lethal force,” the police department said, in a statement posted on Facebook. Knowlton was rushed to hospital where she was pronounced dead.

“I am devastated for everyone involved in this unimaginable event. If you pray, please pray for Mary’s family, and for the officers who were involved. Everyone involved in this accident is in a state of overwhelming shock and grief,” Punta Gorda Police Department Chief Tom Lewis said, in the statement.

The police department did not reveal the identity of the officer involved in the shooting, but they said that the officer has been placed on administrative leave pending investigation.

The citizen training academy is a free eight-session course provided to about 35 people keen to learn local civics, according to Punta Gorda’s official website.

“The academy is designed to give citizens an up-close and personal look at how City government functions and helps shape our community,” the website states.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Now Florida is gunning down seniors... Empty Re: Now Florida is gunning down seniors...

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:39 pm

TRAINING - TRAINING - TRAINING and they still don't clear the weapon of all the bullets prior to the 'TRAINING SESSION' and loading the BLANK ROUNDS into their guns Evil or Very Mad

NOT ENOUGH WORDS TO EXPRESS HOW F'D UP THIS WAS!  
Guess how many responsible people won't want to help ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY NOW?

Back to top Go down

Now Florida is gunning down seniors... Empty Re: Now Florida is gunning down seniors...

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:47 pm

It's an example of not thinking things through, a habit pattern in the South.

They are equally careless in their opinions and beliefs...it's not just an isolated incident. They simply don't carry things to their logical conclusion.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 2113235493

FROM THE idiotic comments from the braindead Police Chief himself :  "If you pray, please pray for Mary's family..", pretty well says it all...

AN "ACCIDENT" just waiting to happen..

NO DOUBT he --  and anyone else sharing in the responsibility of this needless debacle --  will all escape without any punishment ?         Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 479860004
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's an example of not thinking things through, a habit pattern in the South.  

Based on what evidence?

Your sterotype view of the south?

Cleary it appears to be a tragic accident, which it should be fully investigated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:02 pm

what happend to "you dont point a weapon at ANYONE/THING UNLESS YOU INTEND TO DESTROY IT"

have these people never heard of the "ammunition gremlin" who reloads cleared weapons when you are not looking , and who can change blank ammo into live ammo with a snap of his fingers????

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Lord Foul wrote:what happend to "you dont point a weapon at ANYONE/THING UNLESS YOU INTEND TO DESTROY IT"

have these people never heard of the "ammunition gremlin" who reloads cleared weapons when you are not looking , and who can change blank ammo into live ammo with a snap of his fingers????

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Xactly!  There are reasons that certain sound practices are established.  "NEVER DRAW A GUN UNLESS YOU INTEND TO USE IT" and "DON'T POINT A WEAPON AT ANYONE/THING UNLESS YOU INTEND TO DESTROY IT."  And here a supposedly responsible organization is violating both rules.  In the South they just don't expect the rules to apply to them.

@didge: Another word for stereotype is generalization.  Generalization is necessary if you want to detect general trends.  You, yourself didge, constantly stereotype about 'lefties' and 'LW regressive'.  Don't you find it necessary to make your point?  Of course you do.

It's no secret that the lower IQ's of the American nation sink to the South.  There are few great universities or institutions of study or learning down there, and fewer still, intellects.  It is a matter of fact that in the 19th-century, while the North followed a mercantile and industrial path, requiring abundant energy and quickness of mind, the South followed a sedentary, listless and dull path, relying on slaves for their propped up lifestyle.  It is in the latter world that you find a kind of sleepy lack-of-attention to detail, of the sort that leads to this kind of incident.

If it is discrimination, it is an intelligent kind of distinction justified by circumstances.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:01 pm

I do genralise about regressives, that I admit, but again i do this based off reason and evidence based around bad contradictive beliefs.

Here you make a really absurd claim based on the South.

So hypoethtically if Ben shot someone by accident and it was a tragic accident, we would have to then apply your methodology and castigate him being that he is from the South?

See how daft and absurd your methodology is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Didge wrote:I do genralise about regressives, that I admit, but again i do this based off reason and evidence based around bad contradictive beliefs.

Here you make a really absurd claim based on the South.

So, we disagree about details.  What else is new?

didge wrote:So hypoethtically if Ben shot someone by accident and it was a tragic accident, we would have to then apply your methodology and castigate him being that he is from the South?

See how daft and absurd your methodology is?

I think we were talking more about institutions and institutional approaches, not individuals.  As we always caution, you can't generalize from specifics.

The state that accepts racial segregation and bias is a culture, unaccustomed to thinking problems through.  Think of George Zimmerman, Michel Dunn or Debora LaFave...all people of limited intellect that don't think things through.  All southerners.  All of those people were involved in institutional expectations that persuaded them that what they were doing was acceptable.  In each case, it led to trouble.

This is a pattern in the south.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:56 pm

No link in OP again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:No link in OP again.

Not sure if this is the right one as there were loads.

http://www.ibtimes.com/punta-gorda-police-shooting-73-year-old-mary-knowlton-accidentally-shot-dead-during-2399606
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:17 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:No link in OP again.

Not sure if this is the right one as there were loads.

http://www.ibtimes.com/punta-gorda-police-shooting-73-year-old-mary-knowlton-accidentally-shot-dead-during-2399606
Now the family will be gathering to make funeral arrangements instead of a 50th birthday party for their son!  GOOD GRIEF ...so much un-necessary heart ache, such a senseless way to die!
Knowlton, a retired librarian from Minnesota and the married mother of two grown sons, had signed up for the course after two recent break-ins in her neighborhood, her son said. She also was trying to show support for police officers after the recent deadly attacks on police in Dallas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.                   

Adam Knowlton said he was supposed to celebrate his 50th birthday with his parents this weekend and his dad was "hysterical" when he called him with the news that his mother was dead. 
Now Florida is gunning down seniors... Punta-gorda-gary-and-mary_1dbba6284556beb4e9d4f7da6399cbcc.nbcnews-ux-600-700
A civilian was killed in "Shoot/Don't Shoot" Scenario at Punta Gorda Police Department in Florida, Mary is the victim and Gary is her husband. Provided by family
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mary-knowlton-florida-woman-killed-police-drill-was-playing-intruder-n627371

equally sad that Raggy can't reply to the TOPIC but has to play forum police and make a comment about 'NO LINK' ...and gets by with it as well ...nothing new there! No 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:22 pm

She did nothing wrong in asking for a link 4ever.

Nobody is pointing any fingers at anyone - we've all forgotten to post links from time to time and some of us like to visit the link to read more or see pics etc

So let's move along. Nothing to see here.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:22 pm

People are supposed to post a link to back up what they're saying.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:22 pm

eddie wrote:She did nothing wrong in asking for a link 4ever.

Nobody is pointing any fingers at anyone - we've all forgotten to post links from time to time and some of us like to visit the link to read more or see pics etc

It's done and dusted.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:25 pm

eddie wrote:She did nothing wrong in asking for a link 4ever.

EXACTLY ...never is - is there!  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:29 pm

pity you cant just stay on topic ...without having to have a sly dig at another member

see heres part of the problem...you dont like ragga....so you miss NO chance to have a dig, thus "upping the ante" once again and simply inviting a cutting reply...

NOW...what should I do about this to stop the thread being disrupted by raggas inevitable (and justified )reply to you?

what do YOU think I should do....

perhaps you think that it would be right to allow YOUR unnecessary dig to go past, and then sanction ragga for replying....??

or should I say something to you in the vain hope that you might just refrain in future from such style of posting??

ok so it wasnt "abusive" but neither was it conducive to good forum "relationships"

Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:10 pm

You really can't be THAT simple minded ...yet you post as such:
A.) for someone that just fly's by and complains about a infraction and never posted to the TOPIC
B.) for that same someone that WHINES about there's nothing but discord and rancor here to read, yet can't participate ???
C.) for that same member to be so negative and yet can't be bothered to STOP and post to the topic, say's what exactly about all of us that are bringing in the topics - posting to the topics and seeing her 'FLY BY NEGATIVE' posting BS

How exactly does that enhance the community when we - {yes, WE that are providing the majority of the topics} can't even get her to dribble a little thought into the TOPIC but will play forum police or just attack another member. 

BTW - wouldn't it have been a perfect opportunity for Eddie to POINT OUT; "make a comment about the TOPIC and not about what you see wrong" ...but then there I go expecting the MODS to behave like they really CARE and will treat everyone the SAME! 
No Lord Foul ...you weren't expected to DO ANYTHING!  Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 3068147984

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:15 pm

For the love of God let me make this simple for YOU 4ever.

Rags simply asked for s link. What you read into it is IN YOUR HEAD ONLY.
If she had said "Quill is so stupid he didn't post a link" or some such crap, then you'd have every right to say something.

She asked for a link. You decided how to interpret that.

Do you see now??????
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Raggs, simply google Mary Knowlton. That's how I got it. Or google the title. No link is necessary when I've brought the whole thing over here.

But good lord, is typing two words into the google window that difficult for you? If anything, there's more on the subject by now. It should be fun, and think how much you will learn. You are always into details...it should be great sport for you..

Good luck.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:Raggs, simply google Mary Knowlton.  That's how I got it.  Or google the title.  No link is necessary when I've brought the whole thing over here.

But good lord, is typing two words into the google window that difficult for you?  If anything, there's more on the subject by now.  It should be fun, and think how much you will learn.  You are always into details...it should be great sport for you..

Good luck.

This is not the first time you've posted without a link. What is so hard about posting a link? People shouldn't have to do your work for you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Raggs, simply google Mary Knowlton.  That's how I got it.  Or google the title.  No link is necessary when I've brought the whole thing over here.

But good lord, is typing two words into the google window that difficult for you?  If anything, there's more on the subject by now.  It should be fun, and think how much you will learn.  You are always into details...it should be great sport for you..

Good luck.

This is not the first time you've posted without a link. What is so hard about posting a link? People shouldn't have to do your work for you.

And it won't be the last. Lol. There's a lot of reasons why I leave off a link. Perhaps I'm leaving something out, or changing the title. That's my prerogative, but I don't want to create copyright problems for the site by representing that what I post is exactly what the link says. And...lot's of times I forget. Laughing

You should get used to using the Internet by your lonesome. Get out...sniff around. If I know you, you are a seeker of details. It's lots of fun.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Re the OP

It's one of those horrible and needless accidents that make you feel bad for everyone involved.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And it won't be the last.  Lol.  There's a lot of reasons why I leave off a link.  Perhaps I'm leaving something out, or changing the title.  That's my prerogative, but I don't want to create copyright problems for the site by representing that what I post is exactly what the link says.  And...lot's of times I forget.   Laughing

You should get used to using the Internet by your lonesome.  Get out...sniff around.  If I know you, you are a seeker of details.  It's lots of fun.

I'm sure there was a thread about posting threads, and the rule was to add a link to anything you quoted from elsewhere.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Jesus. It is a rule but not a bloody banning offence rags! Sometimes people forget - Tommy often does.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:35 pm

eddie wrote:Jesus. It is a rule but not a bloody banning offence rags! Sometimes people forget - Tommy often does.

Quill didn't forget. Now you're the one not reading posts - he clearly said he left out a link on purpose, not for the first time either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:37 pm

Okay so? What do you want me to do? I've only just noticed there was no link. I found one. It's fixed.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:40 pm

eddie wrote:Okay so? What do you want me to do? I've only just noticed there was no link. I found one. It's fixed.

I didn't ask you to do anything - I pointed out there was no link. It's just laziness to omit a link.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:45 pm

eddie wrote:For the love of God let me make this simple for YOU 4ever.

Rags simply asked for s link. What you read into it is IN YOUR HEAD ONLY.
If she had said "Quill is so stupid he didn't post a link" or some such crap, then you'd have every right to say something.

She asked for a link. You decided how to interpret that.

Do you see now??????
Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 704729541   
Yipper, I Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 3758365944 I was spot on and saw this coming wayyyyyy the hell off in the horizon!  Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 3406909858

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:49 pm

well 4ever I'm sorry to hear that you were so troubled by raggas quite reasonable request for a link,( which was couched in such reasonable terms as to cause no offence), that it caused you to go so against your nature and post several lines of bilge. I can only assure you that i will have a word with her and spank her severely in the hope of heading off any further chance of such criminal behaviour.

I hope the above helps you regain your composure and brings a smile to your face

FOULMOD
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 2787774761  I'll hold no false hopes that you'd ever do as you've threatened in that regard ...she's pushed you around plenty and you've just BENT OVER!  Now Florida is gunning down seniors... 4173563946

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

And it won't be the last.  Lol.  There's a lot of reasons why I leave off a link.  Perhaps I'm leaving something out, or changing the title.  That's my prerogative, but I don't want to create copyright problems for the site by representing that what I post is exactly what the link says.  And...lot's of times I forget.   Laughing

You should get used to using the Internet by your lonesome.  Get out...sniff around.  If I know you, you are a seeker of details.  It's lots of fun.

I'm sure there was a thread about posting threads, and the rule was to add a link to anything you quoted from elsewhere.

And you'll be pleased to know I did that.  See, International Business Times in the OP?  The law in question is copyright law, which attaches to any intellectual property when created.  As long as you attribute correctly, there is no law about how you attribute.  In fact, one might argue that leaving out the title of the source, but putting in a web address, might be deceptive to those who aren't familiar with computers.  To be safe, you should always fill in the 'who wrote this' window, above. When you hit the 'quote' button it does it automatically, that's how ironclad the rule is.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:00 pm

stoppit quill.....thats the third time today we have agreed on something Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Lord Foul wrote:stoppit quill.....thats the third time today we have agreed on something Laughing

Why...you're getting more and more agreeable every day. Razz Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:stoppit quill.....thats the third time today we have agreed on something Laughing

Why...you're getting more and more agreeable every day.  Razz Razz

I'll let you be the judge of that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:42 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Razz Razz Maybe you didn't read it completely. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Lord Foul wrote:well 4ever I'm sorry to hear that you were so troubled by raggas quite reasonable request for a link,( which was couched in such reasonable terms as to cause no offence), that it caused you to go so against your nature and post several lines of bilge. I can only assure you that i will have a word with her and spank her severely in the hope of heading off any further chance of such criminal behaviour.

I hope the above helps you regain your composure and brings a smile to your face

FOULMOD

Is that a promise? clappy
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Razz Razz  Maybe you didn't read it completely.  Rolling Eyes

Maybe you didn't get my joke. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down