NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump bashes Kahn

+2
'Wolfie
Original Quill
6 posters

Go down

Trump bashes Kahn Empty Trump bashes Kahn

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:12 pm

You remember Khizr Kahn, the man whose son, an Army Captain, lost his life in Iraq?  Well, Trump retorts that he has made lots of sacrifices too: lessee...there's "all my hard work" and "all the people I've hired" and "all the building I've done'...so, let's throw in all the heavy meals you've eaten, and all the hard beds on which you've slept, too.

CNN wrote:Trump to Khizr Khan: 'I've made a lot of sacrifices'

CNN) —Donald Trump rejected a Muslim lawyer's assertion on the Democratic convention stage that the Republican nominee has "sacrificed nothing and no one."

"Who wrote that? Did Hillary's script writers write it?" Trump said in an interview with with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos that will air Sunday. "I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard."

Khizr Khan, whose son Army Capt. Humayun Khan died in Baghdad in 2004, delivered one of the most powerful speeches of the Democratic National Convention. With his wife Ghazala at his side, Khan repeatedly blasted Trump's immigration proposals -- specifically those aimed at barring Muslims -- and said the billionaire businessman has "sacrificed nothing and no one."

Trump, in the ABC interview, said in response, "I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot."

Khan "was, you know, very emotional and probably looked like a nice guy to me," Trump added.

Trump, in a statement released Saturday by his campaign, called Capt. Khan "a hero to our country and we should honor all who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country safe."

He argued that the "radical Islamist terrorists who killed him and the attempts by such people to enter the United States and "do us further harm" represent the "real problem."

During his appearance at the Democratic National convention, Khizr Khan held up a copy of the U.S. Constitution and asked Trump if he has ever read it.

"I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words, look for the words, liberty and equal protection (under) law," Khizr Khan said.

In his statement, Trump took sharp offense, saying that "while I feel deeply for the loss of his son, Mr. Khan who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things."

Clinton early Saturday evening issued a statement coming to Khan's defense.

"I was very moved to see Ghazala Khan stand bravely and with dignity in support of her son on Thursday night. And I was very moved to hear her speak last night, bravely and with dignity, about her son's life and the ultimate sacrifice he made for his country.

"This is a time for all Americans to stand with the Khans, and with all the families whose children have died in service to our country. And this is a time to honor the sacrifice of Captain Khan and all the fallen. Captain Khan and his family represent the best of America, and we salute them."

At a Clinton campaign appearance in Pennsylvania, lines about the Khan family were visible on a teleprompter, but she did not deliver them. Inquiries to the Clinton campaign about why went unanswered.

Still, a senior spokeswoman for the Clinton campaign, Karen Finney, took a sharper tone against Trump.

"Trump is truly shameless to attack the family of an American hero. Many thanks to the Khan family for your sacrifice, we stand with you," tweeted Karen Finney, a senior spokeswoman for the Clinton campaign.

By Saturday afternoon Trump's comparison of his own sacrifices to Khan's had blown up on Twitter into a hashtag, #TrumpSacrifices. Users wrote satirically that the candidate had, among other things, been subjected to such hardships as flying commercial, playing golf on a public course and staying at a three-star hotel.

Trump previously responded more obliquely to Khan's convention remarks, in a lightning-round interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd.

"I'd like to hear his wife say something," Trump said.

In a Friday evening interview on MSNBC, Ghazala Khan spoke briefly about her final interaction with her son, on Mother's Day 2004, wishing him safety while serving in Iraq.

In the New York Times interview, Trump also opined on a range of Democratic convention speakers. He was sharply critical of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, an independent who threw his support behind Hillary Clinton and spoke to the Democratic convention. Trump called Bloomberg "a guy who didn't have the guts to run for president."

"He doesn't know anything about me," Trump said. "But he never had the guts to run. He probably wished he did but he didn't. He spent millions of dollars on polling but he was missing one thing: guts."

The two have been exchanging barbs this week after Bloomberg, who once considered entering the 2016 race as an independent, endorsed Clinton over Trump last weekend, then blasted Trump as a "dangerous demagogue" in Philadelphia.

As for President Barack Obama's speech, which was laced with warnings about electing someone like Trump, the Republican nominee said it was "a good speech but not nearly as good as the press would have you believe."

Still, in a rare moment of praise for the commander in chief -- whom Trump has labeled "the most ignorant president" in history -- Trump said that in "many ways," he does "like" Obama.

"It's hard to define. There's something about him I do like. I'm embarrassed to admit it. I give him a lot of credit," Trump said. "It's very unique and very hard to do and I give him tremendous credit. He became a two-term president of the United States. He's got some quality going."

Trump also complimented the first lady's convention remarks.

"She gave a very good speech," Trump said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/30/politics/donald-trump-khizr-kahn-response/

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump bashes Kahn Empty Re: Trump bashes Kahn

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:08 pm

scratch

TRUMP has "created thousands of jobs..."  ?!?

What a load of crap...
Not only has Trump destroyed thousands of jobs; but he's also reputed to be a leading employer of illegal Mexican workers..

Trump wouldn't know the meaning of "hard work";
He supposedly inherited a "10 billion dollar plus.." property empire ?
Last year the Financial Review Top 400 list guestimated his net worth at $4.4 billion !!!
Trump has lost over 55% of his inheritance over the past three decades..
        jocolor
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:45 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:scratch

TRUMP has "created thousands of jobs..."  ?!?

What a load of crap...
Not only has Trump destroyed thousands of jobs; but he's also reputed to be a leading employer of illegal Mexican workers..

Trump wouldn't know the meaning of "hard work";
He supposedly inherited a "10 billion dollar plus.." property empire ?
Last year the Financial Review Top 400 list guestimated his net worth at $4.4 billion !!!
Trump has lost over 55% of his inheritance over the past three decades..
        jocolor

I know, right? But what is audacious about his point, is that it is not sacrifice.

Trump solely wants to be rewarded for his success, as if success were not reward in itself. If anything, his wins are someone else's loss, as those lost overseas jobs, or the Trump University students, are finding out. Trump is parading his rewards as his sacrifices. fgs. That's absurd.

Leave off his insult to the Kahns.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:00 pm

Riding herd on 'Chump-Trumps' bloviating abilities isn't something anyone on his campaign staff nor even his VP running mate is able to do; Chumpness just keeps Trump bashes Kahn 3223660991 and after his many episodes since the DNC week his missteps are just piling up faster than he can even back track and clarify them!
LIKE:
1.) "I don't care if the Koch brothers don't donate money for my campaign!"
Truth - the Koch brothers don't like you  - they won't meet with you - they called another meeting with some of your staffers and others within the GOP
2.) "I've sacrificed for my country, I built a Vietnam memorial wall!" 
Truth - well, no you didn't - that's a LIE.  And you tried to use your contributions to the Veterans as a campaign tool and you dragged your feet and it took 9 months for you to finally cut them the check you'd promised.
3.) "I got a letter from the NFL, and they're upset about these debate schedules too!"
Truth - hmmm, seems you just do not care anymore how your words & actions are received out here in America or you might try to cease & desist telling such blatant whoopers that come right back to bite you in the arse!
The NFL has called you out on your utter BS and you should know better!

And these are just a few of his most recent EXTREME top whoopers that have garnered the media attention and yet he's still drawing the same scary/ranting/ideology/like minded people that might actually follow through and stagger into the voting booths and mark his name for POTUS!  Trump bashes Kahn 1191311443

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:39 pm

Donald Trump has 'black soul', says Khizr Khan, father of fallen Muslim US soldier
Donald Trump has 'black soul', says Khizr Khan, father of fallen Muslim US soldier

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/31/donald-trump-father-Muslim-us-soldier-khizr-khan-soul?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Memo

He is either mad or bad.
I think he is both.
Only the unsound of mind would actually endorse and vote for him.
And to think he would have his fat finger on the nuclear button.
But the missiles fired in return won't be aimed at New York or Washington or LA, but London ,Birmingham and Manchester.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:33 pm

I was thinking how much Oscar Pistorius and Donald Trump have in common.  Both raised with a silver spoon in the mouth, both coddled and surrounded by 'yes' men, and both ending up with a totally warped view of the world.

And both spewing their warped view on the world, simply because no one has, or will tell them it is socially deviant.  

Beyond that, I think the dying Republican Party--read as: old, white men--thought it would be a great joke that, as they exited out the back, they left a bag of dog poo on the front porch.  They can't paint the black president as a Muslim; they can't paint the female presidential candidate as a manipulative shrew (read as: their ex-wives); so they say: Let's leave America with this outrageous mockery of the ideology, Donald Trump.

In a way their humor tells a poignant point: Donald Trump is what capitalism and the insular white racism of America yields.  He truly is the anachronism of America's past.

Thank god the rest of America woke up, and the past will die with the old, white men.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:08 am

This one is really heating up. People are finally really getting pissed over Trump's ridiculing of a dead soldier, Capt. Kahn, and the way he has insulted Capt. Kahn's parents.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:49 am

Trump bashes Kahn WtEDukf
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:00 am

Where did he attack Mr Khan? It sounds like it's the other way round.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:45 pm

CNN wrote:Did Trump go too far?

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump's criticism about the Muslim parents of a slain American soldier has generated -- once again -- a backlash within his own party.

Just 100 days from the election, Trump has responded in his standard fashion -- dig in, claim he's being treated unfairly and attack back.

But the swift condemnation of Trump's response raises questions about whether this controversy is different from the ones that came before it.

It certainly isn't going away - Khizr and Ghazala Khan appeared for a lengthy joint interview on CNN's "New Day" on Monday where Khizr accused Trump of "ignorance and arrogance."

Khan also said he's received an outpouring of support for speaking out against the GOP presidential candidate, including from many Republicans. And he warned that
Trump's attacks on Muslims are boosting terror recruitment.

Khan said it is good Muslims who are the ones who can help stop terror and make American safer.

"We are the solution to terrorism," Khan said on CNN Monday.

Trump tweeted during the interview that the issue was not the Khans, it was stopping the spread of radical Islamic terrorism.

The White House also weighed in with an implicit rebuke of Trump, saying that Gold Star families deserve only "honor and gratitude" for their loved ones' service.

Speaking aboard Air Force One, spokesman Eric Schultz wouldn't provide a specific response to Trump's comments about the Khan family. But he said honoring Gold Star families should rise "above politics."

"Families who make the ultimate sacrifice for this country's freedom and this country's safety deserve nothing but our country's honor and gratitude and deepest respect," Schultz said.

Also on Monday, Hillary Clinton's runningmate, Tim Kaine, said, "Is it OK to speak in a disrespectful way about the military, about a Gold Star mom and dad for God's sake, about people with disabilities, or saying offensive things about women, or trash people who are Latinos or immigrants more generally?"

"We're either going to build a community that is a more perfect union, that is a community of respect or we're going to decide to do what has been done throughout American history but never to our advantage," Kaine said during a campaign stop in Richmond, Virginia.

This time, attacks from the Republican presidential nominee on the parents of a soldier who died defending America have put new pressure on GOP leaders to decide whether they will continue to stand by him. Already, the party's leaders in the House and the Senate have distanced themselves from Trump's remarks, and other Republican figures are attacking their nominee forcefully.

Sen. John McCain issue a very personal statement Monday blasting Trump's comments about the Khans and paying homage to their son Humayun's sacrifice. McCain noted that his son also served in the Iraq War and the McCains have been serving in the US military for hundreds of years.

"It is time for Donald Trump to set the example for our country and the future of the Republican Party," McCain said. "While our Party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us.

"Lastly, I'd like to say to Mr. and Mrs. Khan: thank you for immigrating to America. We're a better country because of you. And you are certainly right; your son was the best of America, and the memory of his sacrifice will make us a better nation -- and he will never be forgotten."

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, said in a statement: "This is going to a place where we've never gone before, to push back against the families of the fallen.

There used to be some things that were sacred in American politics -- that you don't do -- like criticizing the parents of a fallen soldier even if they criticize you."

Khizr Khan: Trump has a 'black soul'

"If you're going to be leader of the free world, you have to be able to accept criticism. Mr. Trump can't," Graham said.

"The problem is, 'unacceptable' doesn't even begin to describe it."

The controversy is over Trump's response to the Khans, whose son was killed in Iraq by a suicide bomber in 2004.

The Khans took the stage Thursday night at the Democratic National Convention, where Khizr Khan rejected Trump's proposal to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States as unconstitutional, pulling a copy of the Constitution from his breast pocket and saying that Trump has "sacrificed nothing and no one." Trump has since responded by criticizing Ghazala Khan's silence and suggesting she wasn't allowed to speak.

The incident recalls Trump's attack last year on McCain.

Trump said at the time that McCain is not a war hero because he was captured and imprisoned in Vietnam. Many had speculated the criticism would spark Trump's decline in the GOP primary race -- it did not.

But there are two key differences: Trump was not yet the GOP nominee and McCain -- himself the 2008 GOP standard-bearer -- is a long-time public figure with experience parrying on the presidential level. The Khans are not.

"This is so incredibly disrespectful of a family that endured the ultimate sacrifice for our country," Jeb Bush, a Trump rival in the 2016 GOP primary, said on Twitter Sunday evening.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politics/donald-trump-khizr-khan-family-controversy/

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:51 pm

It's all a bit vague isn't it? What exactly did he say?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's all a bit vague isn't it? What exactly did he say?

Ya, I think you are right there. What kicked things off, really, was that Trump was so sensitive and too quick to respond. It picked up speed from there. George Stephanopoulos' interview on Sunday was the real launch pad.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Copernicus Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Khizr Khan turned out to be the perfect foil to Donald Trump. One of the constituencies of the Republican Party is the military, who are given special privileges to vote absentee ballots. They usually side with Republican and conservative candidates, because the GOP is considered the staunchest supporter of the military. Whether they really are is debatable, but that is the traditional perception. So a Gold Star father attacking the Republican nominee was fraught with political danger for Trump. He really did need to respond, but how? The standard response is to find some way to attack the character of the accuser, but politicians usually use surrogates for that. Trump is a TV personality who has boundless confidence in his own ability to shape and influence the news, not a seasoned politician. So he went after Khizr and Ghazala Khan with everything he had. Suddenly, he is experiencing almost universal revulsion from within his own party. One Republican congressman was emboldened to come out endorsing Hillary Clinton, but most Republican officeholders didn't go that far. Very few have come to Trump's defense, and most have condemned his attacks on the Khan family. This is why there was a "Never Trump" movement among establishment Republicans. They saw this kind of self-demolition coming.
Copernicus
Copernicus
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down