NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’

Go down

Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’ Empty Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:34 pm

I had to step outside onto my front porch; just to see if I could hear any of my local 'hard wired - right leaning - bible thumper - heads exploding' Shocked
WOWSERS ...even the commentators were left rather speechless for a few seconds {dead air space} when this lovely human walked with great difficulty off the stage; he's pretty crippled up. 
Amazing and he must deliver one resounding {won't sleep through his sermons} rafter shaking service on Sunday morning!  I quite enjoyed this and his message!

Back to top Go down

Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’ Empty Re: Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Well he is wrong on one factor
Jesus was born in the Kingdom of judea under King Herod, which would make him a Jew.

Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’ Herods-kingdom-map

No doubt he had dark skin as many Jews did for the time, but Palestinian?

No

Back to top Go down

Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’ Empty Re: Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’

Post by eddie Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Palestinian? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:12 pm

eddie wrote:Palestinian? scratch

Hey, it's not my place to argue with a Reverend about the 'Sky Pilot's Origin'; I'll let that just lay there and be a 'whatever you say, Rev. - it's your show'
That's how we roll, in America! Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’ 919144451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:32 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:Palestinian? scratch

Hey, it's not my place to argue with a Reverend about the 'Sky Pilot's Origin'; I'll let that just lay there and be a 'whatever you say, Rev. - it's your show'
That's how we roll, in America! Rev. Barber makes right-wing go nuts: ‘Jesus was a brown-skinned Palestinian Jew’ 919144451

Well unless he is a professor in history or anthropology. Then it does matter, as people at the time were not referred to as Palestinians
The area might have been known as by certain other peoples like the Romans, but we have even Romans state specifically what area Jesus was from and nobody at the time or has since until the invented Arabioc Palestinians, which did not originated until the 1960's, in order to justify a false claim over to the lands. Through a false claim of Palestinian people, which until the last few centuries people did not refer to themselves as. Again Arabs have been in the area since the Roman times, but were immigrants who settled there. Even some Jews later converted to Islam and thus took on its language, culture, identity, religion etc. The only people who actually did refer to themselves as palestinians , was the Jews during the Ottoman Empire and the British Mandate. The arabs never refered to themselves as Palestinians until later. Again they have as much right to self determination and a nation, but to claim he was Palestinian, is political charged for one single purpose, to deligitimize the Israeli Jews. Now again just because an area is refered to by different historical groups that ruled the land, the people living there never claimed to be Palestinians.
So lets look to the time with non-biblcal sources for Jesus:

Roman Historian Tacticus wrote:
Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judae, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome....

No mention of Palestine and this is after Jesus was crucified.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down