NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously)

+3
eddie
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously) - Page 2 Empty Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously)

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

... the Omnibus survey reveals that 54% of Pokémon Go players have left their house to play the game at times when they normally would have stayed indoors. Furthermore, 40% have gone out of their way to catch the little creatures and other items found in the virtual world, while 30% have engaged in conversation with strangers also playing the game. On a more cautious note, about a fifth of users admit they've either accidentally walked into another person or bumped into an inanimate object.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/07/18/its-official-pokemon-go-getting-people-outside/

My take is that Pokemon Go is basically like walking your dog, but with less urine.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously)

Post by eddie Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:22 am

Veya that made me laugh

Ben do you dance the Pokeman Dance in Sundance square?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously)

Post by JulesV Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:54 am

HoratioTarr wrote:I think people need to get a life.
It's a life force with some people atm. I'm not techie, so I quietly observe it all from afar. I read that Pokémon Go combines interesting themes relevant to modern culture, like augmented reality, geolocation and social media networking.

All underpinned by good old fashioned IT of course, several components are expertly combined together to create a successful recipe - makes me visualise a Venn diagram.

Commerce has already coined the term Pokenomy to describe how other industries are tapping into its awesome success. Restaurants are luring customers thru their doors with it, for example.

Will the fad last???? Many other crazes have come & gone.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:21 pm

I'm so angry right now !!!!!!!!

There are 4 police cars and 6 police officers in my home. stuff everywhere, and apparently they were looking for something. So I'm stuck outside with this police officer and they are inside searching. They checked inside my closets under my mattress. They tore my things apart. So, as you can imagine, I'm getting upset, and I'm trying figure out what's going on.
I asked if they had a search warrant, and if I could see it. The cop in my bedroom yells, "Where did you hide it at? We know it's here! We are searching."
Then I yell back, "If I had an idea of what you're looking for sir, maybe I could help!" He shoots me the "you wanna go to jail?" look, so I shut up and watch one of the other police officers look down at his phone.
Then he shouts, "Guys Stop! Hold on. We're in the wrong house! The Pokémon is next door!"

cyclops
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Bwahahahaha ...

Saw a chubby tween wandering listlessly in a large field nearby, staring at a smartphone. First time for me to witness a Pokeman Go Dude. Ah well, he looked like he needed the sun.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:34 am

My nephew; quite the 'wise ass'; sent this to me via FB - along with a question.  Was Hitler the 'FIRST POKEMON' player?  He needed to know and thought someone my age could tell him ...my nephew is now officially on my 'Shit List' for Christmas!  Razz
Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously) - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nr1vYRCb1ru5n9lo1_400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:47 am

Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously) - Page 2 13892120_10209891292707988_9056753618678530048_n

Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously) - Page 2 1363015401

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:47 am

What a thought.....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:54 am

4EVER2 wrote:Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously) - Page 2 13892120_10209891292707988_9056753618678530048_n

Pokemon Go is transforming American society (seriously) - Page 2 1363015401

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2