NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To all the Dads.....

3 posters

Go down

To all the Dads..... Empty To all the Dads.....

Post by Syl Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:28 pm

Have a lovely day....

To all the Dads..... Happy-fathers-day-animated-graphic
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

To all the Dads..... Empty Re: To all the Dads.....

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Booked to take my Dad to a nice restaurant in Wells-Next-the-Sea tomorrow, they allow dogs in too, so we can take Benny for a walk on the beach while Dad stays wrapped up.  (Weather permitting of course)

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:51 pm

sassy wrote:Booked to take my Dad to a nice restaurant in Wells-Next-the-Sea tomorrow, they allow dogs in too, so we can take Benny for a walk on the beach while Dad stays wrapped up.  (Weather permitting of course)

Hope you and your dad have a lovely time Sassy...(and Benny too of course) Laughing

Grandson is taking his dad (my son) and son is taking his dad (my OH) out for a nice meal......I will tag along too obviously. To all the Dads..... 4214183177
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Lol, a nice little perk for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Booked for tonight at Bella Italia....Dads eat main course free today if you are signed up for their offers..

If anyone has one locally the food is consistently good and reasonably priced.
Atmosphere is friendly and bustling....service is always OK in every one we have eaten in.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Sorry just a couple of Vids to honour all the dads out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Didge wrote:

Awww...that's great, and very apt for today. x
Welcome back btw. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Awww...that's great, and very apt for today. x
Welcome back btw. Cool

Thanks Syl.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:40 pm

A young man of 25 named Hector thoroughly loved his life. He was eagerly and proudly looking forward to the changes in his near future when he became both husband and father. He shared his love of motorcycles with his fiance, Kathryn, and they planned family rides and outings once their daughter Aubrey would be old enough to do such.

To all the Dads..... 0itx0-hector
Hector and Kathryn / GoFundMe

Hector always wore protective gear. He wanted to make sure he was safe. He couldn't take any chances with a new baby girl on the way.
But he will never hold his baby girl.

His life was taken just a month before she was born by someone he considered a friend.
But after seeing this photo of baby Audrey, perhaps he's met her after all.

To all the Dads..... Oevw3-baby-gloves-dad
Kim Stone Photography

The photo was taken by Kim Stone of Kim Stone Photography, a neighbor and family friend. She had the idea to place the 3-week-old inside her father's motorcycle gloves as though he's holding his baby girl, and something magical happened.

"It was just so special. As soon as I put the glove on top of her, the baby started smiling. I didn't have time to set up lights or anything, I just started taking photos."
Stone shared the photo on her Facebook page and wrote, "They say that angels are talking to babies when they smile in their sleep. I guess maybe that's true."

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1555/Dad-s-Gloves-Are-Placed-On-His-Daughter-s-Head-Then-You-See-Why-She-s-Smiling#Z6MiydRKX6qXxzT3.99

Quite simply beautiful...

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:48 pm

I got goose bumps when I read that.

I do believe people can experience unexplainable happenings when a loved one passes.

A friend lost his teenage son, he could not get over it, his health deteriorated badly, he had to give up work, his life was in ruins.
One day he was simply sweeping the back step, he heard his son quietly say "Dad".....that's all, he swears he didn't imagine it, and from then on his life started getting back together.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Syl wrote:I got goose bumps when I read that.

I do believe people can experience unexplainable happenings when a loved one passes.

A friend lost his teenage son, he could not get over it, his health deteriorated badly, he had to give up work, his life was in ruins.
One day he was simply sweeping the back step, he heard his son quietly say "Dad".....that's all, he swears he didn't imagine it, and from then on his life started getting back together.

Some things just cannot be explained. Even as an athiest, I do not discount everything, but just religious doctrines, which to me conflict.
This is different as it is an experince, one that is of help.
Even I cannot find reasons for such things, but know of a similiar situation to have happened to someone I know.
So I agree people can experince things that just are unexplainable and in both cases it certainly helps.
Glad he has got his life back on track, after such a tragic loss Syl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:I got goose bumps when I read that.

Some things just cannot be explained. Even as an athiest, I do not discount everything, but just religious doctrines, which to me conflict.
Even I cannot find reasons for such things, but know of a similiar situation to have happened to someone I know.
So I agree people can experince things that just are unexplainable and in both cases it certainly helps.

I am like you in so far I am not into religion, but I believe in something....I just don't know what.

Another true happening, when my mum passed away she had been too poorly to open any of her Christmas presents. One was a DAB radio, we brought the presents home unopened, the radio went in a drawer in the kitchen.

Months later my OH was sat in the kitchen and he heard voices....the radio, which was still boxed and in the drawer was transmitting a cookery programme...(odd, cos my mum was never into cooking)  
The radio had batteries in it, but batteries in dab radios last about 10 minutes....no one had been in the drawer, and the box had not been disturbed.

Might be daft but I took it as a sign my mum was saying "use the radio, don't keep it unopened "...so I did and I still have it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

I am like you in so far I am not into religion, but I believe in something....I just don't know what.

Another true happening, when my mum passed away she had been too poorly to open any of her Christmas presents. One was a DAB radio, we brought the presents home unopened, the radio went in a drawer in the kitchen.

Months later my OH was sat in the kitchen and he heard voices....the radio, which was still boxed and in the drawer was transmitting a cookery programme...(odd, cos my mum was never into cooking)  
The radio had batteries in it, but batteries in dab radios last about 10 minutes....no one had been in the drawer, and the box had not been disturbed.

Might be daft but I took it as a sign my mum was saying "use the radio, don't keep it unopened "...so I did and I still have it.

That is wierd, but to me there is a part of her still within you, which I think all parents are, like its etched into our DNA somehow.
As much as i can see you still sorely miss her. Here, I do believe a great part of her is still within you that gives you great strengh and most likely when down is able to lift you when you think fondly of her and how she worked so hard to raise you.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:15 pm

To get back to the baby, I bet she will always feel loved by her dad even though she never knew him.
Thanks for the lovely words. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Wow such great stories Syl and Didge X

I miss my dad today but know he's doing some serious gardening wherever he is.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:41 pm

eddie wrote:Wow such great stories Syl and Didge X

As stated to Syl, our parents and here in your case, your father. Is still very much a part of you Eddie, and nothing can ever take that from you.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Wise words Didge X
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:39 pm

eddie wrote:Wow such great stories Syl and Didge X

Thanks Eddie, and I second what Didge said about our loved ones always being close. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:54 am

Received this twisted/amusing little diddy from my equally twisted/amusing DIL today ...after she'd received my twisted/amusing 'Happy Fathers Day' salutations to my son - her husband and the father of my grandson and step-father to her to teenager sons.
Your Penis Won’t Fall Off And Other Things Boys Should Know
Popular  / Raising Boys  Rita Templeton   Apr 18, 2015

My dearest sons,
You know the dangly appendage that occupies your thoughts and/or your hands for a large percentage of the day? Well, as a concerned mother, I feel it’s my duty to enlighten you on the subject of your penis.
Now, never having been in possession of one myself, I can’t be considered an outright expert, but I’d like to think that my experience raising you counts for something. After all, I’ve seen enough nakedness around this piece to rival any nude resort. So, for you, and any other boys out there, here are nine things you should know about your penis.

1. Relax; Your penis won’t fall off.  It will stay right there in your pants (provided you’re wearing any), so you can stop clutching it while you watch TV and falling asleep with it in your fingers. In fact, it will be with you for the rest of your life, so maybe you should think about being a little less rough with it.
2. One exception: Having a firm grip on it is encouraged – and preferred – when using the toilet. It’s floppy, and when you don’t have it under control, you spray like a leaky hose.
3. Keep it in your drawers, ok? (This is a piece of advice that will have a different, but equally significant, meaning during your teen years – so don’t forget it.) There’s really no need to lay it on your brother’s arm. Or dip it in your chocolate milk. Or poke it through the hole of a DVD. Or wrap it around your eating utensils. Or your pencil. Or your brother’s pencil.
4. It might not hurt you when you stretch it out ten miles long like it’s made of rubber, but it hurts me just looking at it, so stop.
5. On rare occasions, you may actually let go of it in order to grasp something else. Like a sandwich, or your brother’s face. In the event of such occasions, hand-washing before you touch anything else is the courteous (and sanitary) thing to do.
6. It’s not the end of the world when it’s facing the wrong way or bunched up in your underwear. No need for a meltdown.
7. It’s handy and portable and all that, but just because you can pee anywhere doesn’t mean you should.
8. If you’re gonna stretch/dangle/pull/twist/twiddle or otherwise manhandle (boy-handle?) it, please do so in your room and spare us all a little awkwardness. Please.
9. I’ve seen it a million times, so there’s no need to waggle it in my direction after your bath, nor make it dance and jump around by thrusting around like Elvis with a hula hoop. (This also goes for your dad, so pass that tidbit along.)
I’m hoping this letter will serve as a handy reference to the proper penile etiquette, and that you’ll start having a little ding-dong dignity.
You’ll thank me later… or at least your wife will.
Lots of love, Mommy
http://www.scarymommy.com/your-penis-wont-fall-off/#sthash.ePc6pRh4.gbpl

Loads of truth in that ... LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:12 pm

This Father’s Day, Angel Soft teamed up with ad agency Deutsch to create a touching commercial showcasing appreciation for hardworking dads.

As part of the company’s “Be Soft. Be Strong” campaign, the commercial tells the story of Melquiades Rayos, a widower who came to the United States from the Philippines to provide for his nine kids. Eight of them are still in the Philippines, some of whom are still in school. Rayos’ mother-in-law is their caretaker while he works thousands of miles away.

“All the money I make here I send to my kids so they can go to school, and have food and medicine,” Rayos said.

According to the commercial, which is titled “Happy Father’s Day, Mr. Rayos,” the determined dad lives with one of his daughters and her husband in the U.S. and is currently working three jobs to support his other eight kids. Tearfully, he mentioned that he hadn’t seen them since he left the Philippines.

With help from production partners, Angel Soft and Deutsch discovered Rayos and his story. As a sign of appreciation, they gave him and his daughter plane tickets to the Philippines so they can celebrate Father’s Day together with the rest of their family.

Happy Father’s Day, Mr. Rayos — and to all the other hardworking dads out there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heartwarming-commercial-is-a-token-of-appreciation-for-hardworking-dads_us_576053c9e4b0e4fe5143f3c1?ir=Good+News§ion=us_good-news&utm_hp_ref=good-news

He has my greatest admiration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down