NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?

5 posters

Go down

WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?  Empty WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:19 am

I can't imagine ...and it wouldn't have looked like thing of 'BUTTER'; maybe a huge Brazil Nut ...but BUTTER?  Naaaaa  No
Worker finds a 2,000 year old 22lb hunk of butter buried deep in an Irish bog (and yes it is still edible)
WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?  351881BF00000578-3639600-image-a-21_1465846027372
Jack Conway discovered the ancient lump while working on Emlagh bog
Experts say the find might have been an offering to the gods or spirits
The product was found 12 feet underground and said to 'smell like cheese'

By Ekin Karasin For Mailonline
Published: 14:48 EST, 13 June 2016
A worker has found a massive 22lb lump of butter dating back 2,000 years buried in an Irish bog - which is still edible.
Jack Conway, a turf cutter from Maghera, northern Ireland, discovered the prehistoric dairy product which 'smelled like cheese' while working on Emlagh bog last week.
The butter may have been buried to preserve it, but experts claimed it could have been an offering to the gods so that they might keep that area safe.

It was unearthed in the Drakerath area where the boundaries of three ancient baronies met.
Andy Halpin, assistant keeper in the museum's Irish Antiquities Division, told The Irish Times: 'These bogs in those times were inaccessible, mysterious places.
'It is at the juncture of three separate kingdoms, and politically it was like a no-man's-land - that is where it all hangs together.'
He added: 'Theoretically the stuff is still edible - but we wouldn't say it's advisable.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3639600/Worker-finds-2-000-year-old-22lb-hunk-butter-buried-deep-Irish-bog-yes-edible.html#ixzz4BbcLpqZp

Back to top Go down

WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?  Empty Re: WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?

Post by Cass Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:21 am

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

There is no way that I would eat that let alone get within 20 feet of it.

Ick ick ick ick
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?  Empty Re: WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?

Post by eddie Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:20 am

I'm more worried as to why they day it hasn't gone off?? How can it still be edible?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:29 am

I'd give it a go, 'cause YOLO
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:30 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I'd give it a go, 'cause YOLO

Yep. Then you'll be sick more than once pale
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:33 am

eddie wrote:

Being of mixed German and Irish descent, I've never experienced the ailment called "hangover," which makes me wonder what else I could handle Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:39 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Being of mixed German and Irish descent, I've never experienced the ailment called "hangover," which makes me wonder what else I could handle Smile

Oh if I lived near to you I'd really be up for the challenge of "Let's find stuff to make Ben sick" bounce
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:45 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Oh if I lived near to you I'd really be up for the challenge of "Let's find stuff to make Ben sick" bounce

Dumbass that I am, I'd probably love that Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:11 am

So would I. Long as someone else cleared it up.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:49 am

eddie wrote:So would I. Long as someone else cleared it up.

Puking is for the weak, edds. I pride myself in having a cast-iron stomach ...

WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?  Ghost_salsa_grande

(One of my favorite salsas, and I'll take the Pepsi Challenge against most anybody on ghost chili salsa)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:33 am

You are Bruce Willis hard! Cool he's got nuthin' on you buddy.

I can handle my hot chillis too.
I'd like to challenge you to a chilli duel my friend.

WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?  3177564460
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:24 am

Here lies Ben Reilly
Because YOLO
Is true.
Oops.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:26 am

Cass wrote:

Here lies Ben Reilly
Because YOLO
Is true.
Oops.

But he didn't puke. He died hard. Bruce-Willis-hard cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:04 pm

Speaking of puke...if you are ever lucky enough to find whale vomit, don't eat that. Carefully take it home, it's worth a fortune.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:28 pm

Syl wrote:Speaking of puke...if you are ever lucky enough to find whale vomit, don't eat that. Carefully take it home, it's worth a fortune.

Yeah, I heard about that! You ladies like to wear perfume made out of it, apparently. Question
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 pm

this here butter would likely go nice on a bit of toast.....with a thousand year egg.... WOULD YOU LIKE 'BUTTER' ON THAT BAKED POTATO?  3633442240
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:Speaking of puke...if you are ever lucky enough to find whale vomit, don't eat that. Carefully take it home, it's worth a fortune.

Yeah, I heard about that! You ladies like to wear perfume made out of it, apparently. Question

Odd but true.
A couple of local fishermen we know in Wales go out specifically looking for it, so far unlucky, but it's been found locally in the past.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down