NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosamund Kissi-Debrah To Sue Over London Air Pollution Levels After Daughter Died Of Asthma Attack

3 posters

Go down

Rosamund Kissi-Debrah To Sue Over London Air Pollution Levels After Daughter Died Of Asthma Attack Empty Rosamund Kissi-Debrah To Sue Over London Air Pollution Levels After Daughter Died Of Asthma Attack

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:35 am

A grieving mother has described the “horrendous” asthma attack - she suspects caused by air pollution - that killed her daughter. Rosamund Kissi-Debrah spoke on Monday of her plans to sue the Mayor of London for illegal pollution levels, following her child Ella’s death aged nine in February 2013. She said it was “outstanding” more research had not been launched into how unsafe air quality levels could contribute to child asthma and early death.  She told of a plan to launch legal action against her local authority, Lewisham council, and the Mayor of London after her “extreme healthy” girl died following three years of seizures and resuscitations.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/air-pollution-ella-kissi-debrah-mayor-of-london_uk_57551ccde4b040e3e819aadd?edition=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk

I do not think she has a case at all here.
I understand her loss and it looks more to me looking to look for someonr to blame as to why her daughter died.
I can understand that.
There is most definately a link to the number of people suffering asthma due to pollution, but polllution levels are better than they once were.
So where then would you look to the root cause of the once higher levels?
You would then have to go over decades of years where pollution was poor to blame
I understand her anger but who exactly could they actually level the blame on here:?

Back to top Go down

Rosamund Kissi-Debrah To Sue Over London Air Pollution Levels After Daughter Died Of Asthma Attack Empty Re: Rosamund Kissi-Debrah To Sue Over London Air Pollution Levels After Daughter Died Of Asthma Attack

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:11 pm

it will certainly be a problem to make a case....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Rosamund Kissi-Debrah To Sue Over London Air Pollution Levels After Daughter Died Of Asthma Attack Empty Re: Rosamund Kissi-Debrah To Sue Over London Air Pollution Levels After Daughter Died Of Asthma Attack

Post by eddie Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:28 pm

The trouble is Didge, is that London is now just a giant car park and the mayor has decided to put more PH cars out on the road, for example, and I'm not talking a few hundred, I'm talking 40,000 and counting....
Perhaps she will have a case if this is mentioned
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Smile

I DON'T SEE HOW she could sue a local authority, when the air pollution levels are actually a national problem (i.e. as air pollution doesn't recognise council boundaries --  it tends to go where the wind blows it, or not..).

SURELY Britain is like any other country --  where emissions standards and pollution levels are set by National bodies ?
I hope she has deep pockets, if she intends suing her local mayor..

I RECKON IF she had a good case, then surely one of those Litigation Law firms experienced in environmental cases would be looking at launching a class action over those issues ?   scratch
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down