NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grandson Creates Video Reminder of 70-Year Marriage So Grandpa with Alzheimer‘s Will Never Forget

Go down

Grandson Creates Video Reminder of 70-Year Marriage So Grandpa with Alzheimer‘s Will Never Forget Empty Grandson Creates Video Reminder of 70-Year Marriage So Grandpa with Alzheimer‘s Will Never Forget

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Whether married or not, with grandparents or not, this touching response to true love–and the loss of it–could put a lump in anyone’s throat.

Alfred and Sylvia Paley have been happily married for 67 years, but now, at age 89, Alfred has begun to feel the effects of Alzheimer’s.

“Sometimes, I don’t understand what’s going on around me,” Alfred laments in the video above.

Their grandson Sam Maller, a journalism student at Syracuse University, wanted to preserve the memories of his grandparents’ deep and long marriage.

In a serenely beautiful series of interviews, photos, and clips, Sam has captured the essence of Alfred and Sylvia to serve as a reminder during memory loss, and to share as a lesson in love with the rest of the world.

(WATCH the video above, from Sam.Maller.com)

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/grandson-creates-montage-70-years-marriage-grandpa-alzheimers/?utm_content=bufferf2666&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Video on link.

How lovely.   My brother make one for me of all the stuff from when my kids were young.

Back to top Go down

Grandson Creates Video Reminder of 70-Year Marriage So Grandpa with Alzheimer‘s Will Never Forget Empty Re: Grandson Creates Video Reminder of 70-Year Marriage So Grandpa with Alzheimer‘s Will Never Forget

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Apologies, tried to get to the video proper, just goes to his page.

Back to top Go down

Grandson Creates Video Reminder of 70-Year Marriage So Grandpa with Alzheimer‘s Will Never Forget Empty Re: Grandson Creates Video Reminder of 70-Year Marriage So Grandpa with Alzheimer‘s Will Never Forget

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 2:44 pm

sassy wrote:Apologies, tried to get to the video proper, just goes to his page.

Yes, that wouldn't be good idea to allow 'some' of these members to have access to his FB page...but if you have a Photobucket account {or whatever similar process over there} to upload the video player image into --- you could share it that way.

My former LTC {long term care} Administrator used to bemoan the fact that there were so many 'STORIES' for those elderly people just going into the grave with them when they died; she wanted so very much to be able to have a way to record their voices - their snippets of family history - little unique life time events, even if we didn't have anyone to pass them along too.  Their lives mattered and there out to be a way to record that for prosperity for some archive - somewhere. 

But cost was prohibitive and the technology wasn't as efficient as what we have access to now but that idea for his grandparents --- gave me a lump in my throat.  He's a keeper for a great kid, in my books of great deeds! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 3:58 pm

Incredibly touching.
I love the ladies attitude that they don't concentrate on what they can no longer do but they appreciate what they can still do.

It's a lovely way to deal with old age and the problems that come with that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down