NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't often lose my rag with cold callers - but I did today!!!!!!!

+6
Victorismyhero
Miffs2
eddie
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
Syl
10 posters

Go down

Don't often lose my rag with cold callers - but I did today!!!!!!! Empty Don't often lose my rag with cold callers - but I did today!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Trying to rest, but have had 11 - yes 11 - cold calls from UK Lifestyle Survey today (and quite a few yesterday)!   I'm already on the telephone preference service, but that only works when calls are from inside UK.  The first few I explained very nicely I don't answer telephone questions, and I know everyone if just doing something to make a buck, but please stop phoning.   Then I got to - not answering question - go away, the final one got - bugger off before I blow a whistle down the phone!!!!    I really, really understand when jobs are short people take any to make money, but this was going too far!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Don't often lose my rag with cold callers - but I did today!!!!!!! Empty Re: Don't often lose my rag with cold callers - but I did today!!!!!!!

Post by Syl Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Bloody nuisances.
You could always ask them to hold on while you find a pen or something...and forget to go back..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Don't often lose my rag with cold callers - but I did today!!!!!!! Empty Re: Don't often lose my rag with cold callers - but I did today!!!!!!!

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:03 pm

I've indulged in more than one full blown rant at them before now. Depends on my mood.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Never blow a whistle down the phone - you could really do some damage to the person on the other end.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:16 pm

My number is almost the same as a helpline number for some group of unfortunates.

One man called regularly, dialling my number by mistake...and always early in the morning waking me up, he has a distinctive voice so I know it's him. I explained over and over very nicely (in the circumstances) he had called the wrong number, I even got the right number and gave it to him ... but without fail he just slammed the phone down, no 'sorry' no nothing....just a loud noise in my ear as the phone went down.
It annoyed me so much a few weeks ago I dialled 1471...called him back, and said if he was so bloody rude in future I would report him to the place he was always trying to ring.
He said nothing....but he hasn't called since.

I feel a bit mean now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Hahahahaha you shouldn't feel mean Syl! I'd have done the same thing tbh

I got a wrong number once and the lady asked for 'Roberta', I cheerfully told her no Roberta here!
She asked me if I was sure and I cheerfully told her again, no Roberta here!
She said "Can you check for me please?"

I huffily left her in the kitchen and fucked off upstairs to do something else.
Don't know how long she waited, but I often wonder if she ever wondered if Roberta had killed me perhaps...?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:33 pm

You both have the right idea by the sound of it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:42 pm

I don't shout or get riled at the poor soul in some far flung land having to spend hours a day cold calling for next to no wages. I save it for those that ring to tell me they are from Windows and I have a virus or computer problem. Then I don't lose it, I wind them up. I had one guy on the phone for half an hour, thought he was going to cry tongue
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
I don't shout or get riled at the poor soul in some far flung land having to spend hours a day cold calling for next to no wages. I save it for those that ring to tell me they are from Windows and I have a virus or computer problem. Then I don't lose it, I wind them up. I had one guy on the phone for half an hour, thought he was going to cry tongue

What did you do??? Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I play along. He tells me to click the button with a little flag etc I tell him I can't see a Union Jack. He told me to tell himwhat I can see on the screen so I told him our H&J Chirstmas morning. He said something about Windows, so I told him oh yes they were sitting by the window as that's where the Xmas tree was etc and so on  cheers
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Never blow a whistle down the phone - you could really do some damage to the person on the other end.  

Actually thats something of a myth

UNLESS the person on the other end is using an amplified phone such as are made for deaf folks, its impossible to generate sufficient volume from a telephone earpiece to do any serious damage. indeed any damage....Beyond a certain point the amplifiers in the system "limit" (actually known as saturation) and can produce no more output regardless of the input...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Never blow a whistle down the phone - you could really do some damage to the person on the other end.  

UNLESS the person on the other end is using an amplified phone such as are made for deaf folks, its impossible to generate sufficient volume from a telephone earpiece to do any serious damage. indeed any damage....Beyond a certain point the amplifiers in the system "limit" (actually known as saturation) and can produce no more output regardless of the input...

A German women was fined for blowing a whistle down the phone.

Anyway, it's really not a nice thing to do. Even if it didn't cause damage, it would be quite horrible for the person at the other end who's just doing their job.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

Anyway, it's really not a nice thing to do. Even if it didn't cause damage, it would be quite horrible for the person at the other end who's just doing their job.

Agreed but if it's a dirty phone call go for it  Laughing
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:07 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I play along. He tells me to click the button with a little flag etc I tell him I can't see a Union Jack. He told me to tell himwhat I can see on the screen so I told him our H&J Chirstmas morning. He said something about Windows, so I told him oh yes they were sitting by the window as that's where the Xmas tree was etc and so on  cheers

I likes ya style Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:08 pm

RT
eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I likes ya style Cool
afro
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Now I likes ya hair Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

and Its EXTREMELY annoying for me to have to waste time answering the phone to some fatuous fool trying to flog me something I firstly dont want and secondly even if I DID want wouldnt likely buy from THAT kind of company....they get short shrift from me....same as door knockers....

I didnt ASK to be phoned/disturbed and THEM "just doing their job" is an imposition on me that I dont think is right and proper...
the practice should be banned, and companies that carry on from abroad should be prevented from trading in britain....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:31 am

agree with Vic 'their job' is no excuse. If the Dumb ---- want take money to harass the public with unsolicated calls they deserve what they get.

normally I just put the handset next to the speaker and spin the volume dial all the way up, they get what ever i was listening to at the time.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:50 am

Don't play games with them; they have games of their own.  Most of the time caller ID tells me it's a telemarketer.  I let them get three words out and I say, I'm sorry, I'm not interested. Thank you for considering me.  Then I hang up.

Never answer a question.  You may be confirming an order.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:26 am

Original Quill wrote:Don't play games with them; they have games of their own.  Most of the time caller ID tells me it's a telemarketer.  I let them get three words out and I say, I'm sorry, I'm not interested.  Thank you for considering me.  Then I hang up.

Never answer a question.  You may be confirming an order.

A energy company is doing the rounds in these parts again, on the streets and calling to the homes. When they get you on the phone they ruddy interrogate you. I used to like sales but it has become quite aggressive now.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:11 am

I think its hilarious..

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 am

Ahhhh, two sad little men showing the forum how sad they are.  As dodge would say 'quelle surprise'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:42 am

Gets even more funnier by the minute

Of course the thread was started to attention seek of course.

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:43 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:47 am

sassy wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:48 am

It's great when people show themselves up lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:49 am

sassy wrote:It's great when people show themselves up lol

Don't often lose my rag with cold callers - but I did today!!!!!!! Pot-kettle-black

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Let's hope that the Friday night drinking does t start too early today. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:25 pm

eddie wrote:Let's hope that the Friday night drinking does t start too early today. Rolling Eyes

I think it started before breakfast.

To bad he can't be wired to the National Grid, all that steam coming out of his ears could be put to good use then Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:Ahhhh, two sad little men showing the forum how sad they are.  As dodge would say 'quelle surprise'

Sad is better than mad, had and bad.

Did you take lessons in being a fool or were you born that way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:52 pm

sassy wrote:
Stormee wrote:

Sad is better than mad, had and bad.

he clearly just read how you act and post I guess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:56 pm

didge wrote:
sassy wrote:

No didge, he hates being pulled up for being a racist twat, but you are ok with his racism aren't you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:59 pm

sassy wrote:
didge wrote:

No didge, he hates being pulled up for being a racist twat, but you are ok with his racism aren't you.

You hate Israelis, that is racist also

I hate all racism, even the racism you spout and fail to recognise

You even try to argue against Jewish heritage

Need I say more

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down