NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Maher calls for taxes on all religions: Why should I subsidize ‘a homophobic magic act’?

3 posters

Go down

Bill Maher calls for taxes on all religions: Why should I subsidize ‘a homophobic magic act’? Empty Bill Maher calls for taxes on all religions: Why should I subsidize ‘a homophobic magic act’?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Bill Maher closed out Friday’s Real Time by calling for the US to crack down on not only corporations that get away without paying any taxes, but religious institutions.

“Why, in heaven’s name, don’t we tax religion?” he asked. “A sexist, homophobic magic act that’s been used to justify everything from genital mutilation to genocide. You want to raise the tax on tobacco so kids don’t get cancer, OK. But let’s put one on Sunday school so they don’t get stupid.”

The fact that even a small religion like Scientology can own billions of real estate tax-free, Maher said, made him “hopping mad.” He also raised the point that religious participation in the US has declined to the point that 22 percent of Americans now identify as atheists or agnostic.

“Almost a quarter of us are being forced to subsidize a myth that we’re not buying into. Why am I subsidizing their Sunday morning hobby? They don’t subsidize mine,” he protested, before showing a picture of himself near a bong.

Among young people, Maher said, 35 percent “want nothing to do with religion” while the rest “worship an ancient Jew born over 2,000 years ago — Bernie Sanders.”

Watch Maher’s commentary, as posted online, below.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/bill-maher-calls-for-taxes-on-all-religions-why-should-i-subsidize-a-homophobic-magic-act/

Would be interesting to know exactly how much tax revenue that would bring in?

Back to top Go down

Bill Maher calls for taxes on all religions: Why should I subsidize ‘a homophobic magic act’? Empty Re: Bill Maher calls for taxes on all religions: Why should I subsidize ‘a homophobic magic act’?

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Bernie Sanders was born 2,000 years ago?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bill Maher calls for taxes on all religions: Why should I subsidize ‘a homophobic magic act’? Empty Re: Bill Maher calls for taxes on all religions: Why should I subsidize ‘a homophobic magic act’?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Bernie Sanders was born 2,000 years ago?

no - nooooo...it's a quoted line from Maher, he's always jabbing/poking Bernie Sanders about being a reluctant JEW:

Among young people, Maher said, 35 percent want nothing to do with religionwhile the rest worship an ancient Jew born over 2,000 years ago — Bernie Sanders.

But how do you feel about America making 'ALL' religious entities pay tax just like the other businesses?   Frankly, I'd say it way past time --- especially with those 'MEGA' churches that pull in $600,000 from their collection plates - several huge ones in Texas come to mind. Suspect

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Stormee wrote:If the Vatican alone coffed up we could all have a bonus.  

LMAO...funny you should post that; some far distant Catholic relatives have been fuming/ranting on FB about this humanitarian Pope Francis...
Seems there's quite the scuttle butt /nasty rumor that the RCC is afraid that he'd empty those COFFERS if he was able too and give it all to the poor Shocked
They finally elected a POPE who believes in and works for the people and the hierarchy in the Vatican gets worried Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:16 pm

I do like Bill Maher.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down