NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right to buy discount to increase

Go down

Right to buy discount to increase Empty Right to buy discount to increase

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:15 am

The maximum right to buy discount will increase by 10 per cent and start increasing in line with inflation as the government seeks to further expand the scheme.

Currently tenants outside of London can receive a purchase price discount of up to £75,000, subject to a maximum cap of 60 per cent of the market value.

This will be increased the 70 per cent under reforms unveiled today, with the £75,000 also increasing in line with the consumer price index of inflation.

Since 2011 the government has helped almost 50,000 households onto the housing ladder – over 13,400 social tenants through the Right to Buy and over 36,000 through Help to Buy and earlier schemes.

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles said: ‘For years the right to buy was slowly strangled, with a miserly cap on discounts killing the prospect of home ownership for most social tenants.

‘We don’t think governments should be in the business of vetoing aspiration. That’s why we reinvigorated the right to buy. Eighteen months later and with over 13,400 hard-working tenants taking up the offer, it’s clear the public shares our view.’

A government spokesperson confirmed the government would continue to pursue a policy of one for one replacements for every home sold under the scheme.

Figures released last month show in 2012/13 and in the year to date, 10,954 council homes were sold through right to buy, but only 1,662 replacements were started- a ratio of almost one to seven.

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/regulation/right-to-buy-discount-to-increase/7001457.article

From what i've seen around here the housing associations are investing in modern new builds, older type properties are harder to maintain and need more frequent repairs etc.

Why have they brought back such a big discount again when there is such a big housing crisis?

Back to top Go down

Right to buy discount to increase Empty Re: Right to buy discount to increase

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:27 am

What gets me is the price differences between London and the North of England, i wonder why there is such a massive price difference?

If you sold a one bed flat around here, you could buy a very nice modern two bed house up North.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:43 am

We intend to exercise our right to buy, to ease my conscience...I intend to let to DSS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:31 am

This place needs a complete overhaul...It's damp and needs rewiring, new kitchen, new bathroom etc..

For starters i would take down the wall between the front room and the kitchen, make it more open plan because you couldn't swing a cat in this small room, extend further by taking down the wall between the kitchen and the present bathroom.

The new kitchen would be in the present bedroom, then i'd build an extension at the back of the house to accommodate the new bedroom with on suite bathroom.

I've looked at neighbours houses etc....Hasn't been any kind of planning problems with extensions etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:56 am

As this is a Victorian era terrace, i would restore some original features, like the ceiling rose, that has gone...But how could you replace that!  No 

But we could restore the original fireplace, we still have a chimney.(i would have it working though)...There are plenty of junk shops around where you can buy original Victorian fireplace surrounds etc...

You can restore the original beauty to places, where some of that beauty has been destroyed!

I've worked on the garden since we've been here...There was nothing to start off with, just a lot of broken 70's paving, i ripped the whole lot up ( a couple of mates and me) put in a lawn (that was profession done) i got a nominal amount of money after my gran died.

I got plant cuttings off ebay...It's as beautiful as fuck out there now!...The traditional bench, various water features etc...An extension would mean the loss of the patio section, i'm not bothered about that, because i think that's where the damp is coming from and the idiot that put the lawn in, he didn't drill a hole to let the water out, when he put in the patio in...I mean i can remember him saying that he was having problems getting through the concrete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:14 am

...He told me that he'd sorted it!

He hadn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:33 am

Old doors taken out of Victorian houses...Many have panels over the original features and lots of paint on them.

It doesn't cost that much to take the panels off...Then there are people that you can go to, they put the doors into some kind of vat or something, then they bring them back to their original Victorian state.

One of the first things my mother did when we moved to another house...Was to remove all of the doors and do that, at the time we thought that she was completely mad though  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:40 am

Anywhere that you move to is a blank canvass..That has stuck with me, if you have a vision, then any kind of place can eventually be turned into the house of your dreams...You just have to be able to see past the rot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:49 am

And i did all of the painting renovations...There and in my brothers flat, which he couldn't sell until i went to town on it many years ago!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:16 pm

Sounds like a challenge Phil but well worth it; sounds like it will be gorgeous Right to buy discount to increase Home_s12x

Having a nice outdoor space is lovely isn't it?  Hoping to get back in the garden this year.  Bought Hubby lots of seeds for salad and vegetables.  We didn't do anything last year due to the weather.  Can't wait til it warms up a bit  I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Dont get your hopes up FTL, according to the global warming doom merchants we are either going to freeze to death or become a desert, depending on which "facts" you have on board. I recommend growing a tank of algae

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Catman wrote:As this is a Victorian era terrace, i would restore some original features, like the ceiling rose, that has gone...But how could you replace that!  No 

But we could restore the original fireplace, we still have a chimney.(i would have it working though)...There are plenty of junk shops around where you can buy original Victorian fireplace surrounds etc...

You can restore the original beauty to places, where some of that beauty has been destroyed!

I've worked on the garden since we've been here...There was nothing to start off with, just a lot of broken 70's paving, i ripped the whole lot up ( a couple of mates and me) put in a lawn (that was profession done) i got a nominal amount of money after my gran died.

I got plant cuttings off ebay...It's as beautiful as fuck out there now!...The traditional bench, various water features etc...An extension would mean the loss of the patio section, i'm not bothered about that, because i think that's where the damp is coming from and the idiot that put the lawn in, he didn't drill a hole to let the water out, when he put in the patio in...I mean i can remember him saying that he was having problems getting through the concrete.

Oh Phil, I love all things Victorian.

I have spent many a happy time wandering around museums, and love those 'mock' streets inside museums where you wander along the cobbled streets, peering inside a traditional Victorian terraced house, local pub, bakers, grocers etc. Some of them are very atmospheric with the street lamplights on and an old coach sitting in the street.

This is one I visited recently, but my dream is to visit a real Victorian terraced house with everything untouched and still original.

Take a step back in time to Lark Hill Place, an atmospheric re-creation of a typical northern street during Victorian times. The street is set at the turn of the last century, although many of the items are older to show development over time. The ambience is set at teatime on a winter's evening when the street gas lamps have just been lit. The sounds of children playing, horse-drawn carriages and a 'knocker-upper' fill the street. Walk down the street and take a peek inside the any shops and houses, including a toy shop, chemist, grocers, a blacksmiths and an artisan's cottage.

Right to buy discount to increase Lark%20Hill%20Place%20%286%29

Last edited by Costa on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:39 pm

grumpy old git wrote:Dont get your hopes up FTL, according to the global warming doom merchants we are either going to freeze to death or become a desert, depending on which "facts" you have on board. I recommend growing a tank of algae

It was grim last year Grumpy, so much so we didn't plant anything  Sad I'm trying to remain optimistic Right to buy discount to increase Thumbs80

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:48 pm

I allowed the weeds to thrive...then fed the chickens on em  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:57 pm

grumpy old git wrote:I allowed the weeds to thrive...then fed the chickens on em  Laughing 

That is called initiative Grumpy Right to buy discount to increase Chicke12Fresh eggs, my late Father-in-Law always used to treat me to those  I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:33 pm

feelthelove wrote:Sounds like a challenge Phil but well worth it; sounds like it will be gorgeous Right to buy discount to increase Home_s12x

Having a nice outdoor space is lovely isn't it?  Hoping to get back in the garden this year.  Bought Hubby lots of seeds for salad and vegetables.  We didn't do anything last year due to the weather.  Can't wait til it warms up a bit  I love you

A good few months to go yet though!  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Costa wrote:
Catman wrote:As this is a Victorian era terrace, i would restore some original features, like the ceiling rose, that has gone...But how could you replace that!  No 

Oh Phil, I love all things Victorian.

I have spent many a happy time wandering around museums, and love those 'mock' streets inside museums where you wander along the cobbled streets, peering inside a traditional Victorian terraced house, local pub, bakers, grocers etc. Some of them are very atmospheric with the street lamplights on and an old coach sitting in the street.

This is one I visited recently, but my dream is to visit a real Victorian terraced house with everything untouched and still original.

Take a step back in time to Lark Hill Place, an atmospheric re-creation of a typical northern street during Victorian times. The street is set at the turn of the last century, although many of the items are older to show development over time. The ambience is set at teatime on a winter's evening when the street gas lamps have just been lit. The sounds of children playing, horse-drawn carriages and a 'knocker-upper' fill the street. Walk down the street and take a peek inside the any shops and houses, including a toy shop, chemist, grocers, a blacksmiths and an artisan's cottage.

Right to buy discount to increase Lark%20Hill%20Place%20%286%29

We were brought up in Victorian houses, the furniture can be very uncomfortable though!  Laughing My Mums living room, like walking back in time.

That's a lovely picture, yes, i love that sort of thing as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:13 pm

oh fgs you batty old moo........

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down