NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain First outrage LOL

+4
Raggamuffin
eddie
veya_victaous
Fuzzy Zack
8 posters

Go down

Britain First outrage LOL Empty Britain First outrage LOL

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:13 pm

What are 'Britain First' outraged about now?

Poverty?

Unemployment?

Austerity?

Food banks?

No, halal Haribo.

Britain First outrage LOL CQ-a_UIWEAAbHzY

You couldn't make it up!

Brains of rocking horses.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Britain First outrage LOL Empty Re: Britain First outrage LOL

Post by veya_victaous Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Well Haribo is International they are not going to change the normal business model to suit a small group of British Racists.

this is what these groups don't understand No one Give a shit about their opinion they are poor useless people that constitute a piss weak market.
Don’t want to eat Halal Fine BUY SOMETHIGN ELSE, cant then Starve cause that is evolution removing the too stupid to survive
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm not bothered where anything is made as long as I get my money's worth cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:36 pm

This is about sweets, yes?

It's not a very new story, and it's a bit confusing. Some say that Haribo took gelatin out to please Muslims, and others say that they actually replaced pork gelatin with beef gelatin.

I don't approve of gelatin in sweets, but if they did indeed take out gelatin to please Muslims, they could have done so to please vegetarians instead, so I boycott them either way.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:38 pm

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:39 pm

sassy wrote:Rolling Eyes

Perhaps you should have posted a link.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:Rolling Eyes

DOH!  Just look at it again.

Britain First Facebook Page

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:45 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

For some reason, I can't see images in your posts. Perhaps I blocked them en masse.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

For some reason, I can't see images in your posts. Perhaps I blocked them en masse.

Ah, then I apologise, that explains it then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:47 pm

This story has been floating around for a while, as I said.

My point still stands. There are more vegetarians in the UK than there are Muslims, and they should be aware of which sweets contain gelatin of any kind, and boycott them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:49 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ah, then I apologise, that explains it then.

No problem. I often think that your posts are blank, but if I go to quote them, I can see there's an image there, so I can copy the URL and open it in a different window. I didn't do that on this occasion.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:51 pm

Just thought it was funny (sic funny) that with all the problems in the world what came up on their agenda was bloody sweets because they were labelled halal.  It's pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:54 pm

I really don't get the Halal thing. Apart from the fact I dint eat meat, I really couldn't care less if it's halal or what.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:56 pm

Me too, it's just another way of getting at Muslims, because Jews have exactly the same rules, and you don't see them going off about kosher stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:57 pm

http://tellmamauk.org/britain-first-fighting-over-a-packet-of-sweets/

Britain First have mounted a campaign to put the ‘G’ back into Haribo Funny Mix sweets, since the removal of gelatine means that practising Muslims can be sure that there is no pork gelatine in the sweets.

However, Funny Mix sweets appears to be vegetarian rather than halal, so perhaps they are catering for vegetarians after all.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:58 pm

eddie wrote:I really don't get the Halal thing. Apart from the fact I dint eat meat, I really couldn't care less if it's halal or what.

It depends on what "halal" means.

You don't eat meat because you don't like it, not because you have ethical objections to it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:I really don't get the Halal thing. Apart from the fact I dint eat meat, I really couldn't care less if it's halal or what.

You don't eat meat because you don't like it, not because you have ethical objections to it.

That's true yes, but people that do eat meat...why are they so bothers about how it's killed? If they were bothered, why eat it in the first place?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:02 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's true yes, but people that do eat meat...why are they so bothers about how it's killed? If they were bothered, why eat it in the first place?

My view exactly, do they kid themselves that animals are happy in abbatoirs and well treated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:06 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They might disapprove of the way it's killed compared to the way it's legally killed in the UK. I don't know if anyone is allowed to hang live animals up to slit their throats so they bleed to death without stunning them in the UK, but Haribo is not British anyway.

If it just means saying a prayer before the animal is killed, non-Muslims might object to that - whether they are of another faith, or atheists.

I only care if sweets or anything else contain animal products, and it's surprising how many sweets do.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:07 am

I just think it slightly hypocritical that meat-eaters would complain then still munch down on steak and chips.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:15 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm bothered about how it's killed, simply because there are ways to do this with the minimum suffering.  I don't believe any animal should be slaughtered inhumanely.     Meat eaters have every right to expect this, and to be assured the meat they eat comes from animals that have not had a life of misery and suffering and a worse end.

Sure, you pay for that, but it's a price I'm willing to pay.   However, I'm aware that's not a guarantee for things like Haribo and other products that involve animals.   But where it is in my hands to be responsible for doing my bit for animal welfare within the meat trade, I will.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:17 am

eddie wrote:I just think it slightly hypocritical that meat-eaters would complain then still munch down on steak and chips.

I can understand that view.   I also feel I should be vegetarian but then how many vegetarians consume dairy and fish?   Cakes, biscuits, etc.  All containing animal derivatives.   You'd have to be completely vegan to opt out of eating animal products.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:19 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:I just think it slightly hypocritical that meat-eaters would complain then still munch down on steak and chips.

I can understand that view.   I also feel I should be vegetarian but then how many vegetarians consume dairy and fish?   Cakes, biscuits, etc.  All containing animal derivatives.   You'd have to be completely vegan to opt out of eating animal products.

Fish is not vegetarian obviously, but dairy is - unless it contains animal fat as well. Someone who didn't eat any animal products like dairy or eggs would be vegan.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Fish is not vegetarian obviously, but dairy is - unless it contains animal fat as well. Someone who didn't eat any animal products like dairy or eggs would be vegan.

Dairy involves the slaughter of calves.   Cheese contains rennet from the bovine stomach.   Both products are produced via the death of an animal.   So if a person is veggie on principle, they'd have to find vegan alternatives like almond milk.  I'm not even sure if there is a vegan cheese.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:30 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Dairy involves the slaughter of calves.   Cheese contains rennet from the bovine stomach.   Both products are produced via the death of an animal.   So if a person is veggie on principle, they'd have to find vegan alternatives like almond milk.  I'm not even sure if there is a vegan cheese.

It's still not the same thing. Cheese is often vegetarian because it does not contain rennet.

I think people are often a bit black and white when it comes to judging vegetarians. A lot of vegetarians drink milk and eat vegetarian cheese. If they didn't, they'd be vegans.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:31 am

Raggamuffin wrote:This is about sweets, yes?

It's not a very new story, and it's a bit confusing. Some say that Haribo took gelatin out to please Muslims, and others say that they actually replaced pork gelatin with beef gelatin.

I don't approve of gelatin in sweets, but if they did indeed take out gelatin to please Muslims, they could have done so to please vegetarians instead, so I boycott them either way.

There is a plant-based manufactured (of course) gelatin replacement available to the food procesing industries these days; so that they can modify some recipes to suit the vegetarian, vegan, halal and kosher markets...

Honestly, food manufacturers should never have had animal based gelatins, nor even dairy or eggs, involved in any confectionary - without clearly announcing so on their packaging - as there simply isn't any real world need for such ingredients..

Yet another case where marginal economics overrides any decent, common sense or proper decisions -- where there was never any genuine need for many additives, nor for the excessive amounts of sugars and salts that go into many processed foods; (and it shouldn't surprise anyone to learn that sugar companies and growers are among the largest shareholders in those confectionary companies..).        Suspect
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:36 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

There is a plant-based manufactured (of course) gelatin replacement available to the food procesing industries these days; so that they can modify some recipes to suit the vegetarian, vegan, halal and kosher markets...

Honestly, food manufacturers should never have had animal based gelatins, nor even dairy or eggs, involved in any confectionary - without clearly announcing so on their packaging - as there simply isn't any real world need for such ingredients..

Yet another case where marginal economics overrides any decent, common sense or proper decisions -- where there was never any genuine need for many additives, nor for the excessive amounts of sugars and salts that go into many processed foods; (and it shouldn't surprise anyone to learn that sugar companies and growers are among the largest shareholders in those confectionary companies..).        Suspect

They do generally have all the ingredients on the labels now, but a lot of people probably don't look, or assume that sweets would not contain animal ingredients. They should be more aware though because it's quite common. Any sweets which are even slightly jelly-like or spongy - like marshmallows - probably contain gelatin. Jelly beans are generally OK though. Some manufacturers used to hide behind "E" numbers when listing the ingredients, but they tend not to do that so much now.

Vegetarians should also be aware that a lot of vitamin capsules or drug capsules contain gelatin.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:36 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

I agree.  I tend not to eat processed food.   I'm a huge fan of vegan food, actually,  but my OH is a committed carnivore and I'm a sucker for roast lamb.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:41 am

Raggamuffin wrote:This story has been floating around for a while, as I said.

My point still stands. There are more vegetarians in the UK than there are Muslims, and they should be aware of which sweets contain gelatin of any kind, and boycott them.

But they didn't remove it for the Uk
it has Nothing to do with the UK

German Company that sells Jelly Lollies in Dozens of Nations across 4 continents made a product that is going to sell better in the global market.

P.S. vegan jelly lollies exist mainly from Japan or Korea (uses a seaweed extract instead of gelation)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:43 am

Do you ever wonder if fish have been caught, killed humanely and processed properly...

Have you ever wondered whether those hens that provided eggs, or the cows providing the cream for yoghurts, butter ice cream, are being treated properly..

I'LL bet that those thoughts never occur to those BNP/EDL types who constantly whinge and whine about "halal" labelling on neo-nazi political grounds, without giving a thought to the garbage they put in their own mouths.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:45 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's still not the same thing. Cheese is often vegetarian because it does not contain rennet.

I think people are often a bit black and white when it comes to judging vegetarians. A lot of vegetarians drink milk and eat vegetarian cheese. If they didn't, they'd be vegans.

As I said, some people are veggies in principle, insomuch they refuse to eat meat because they think it's cruel.   But to avoid that, you'd have to be totally vegan.  Is there a cheese made without milk?   If so, then that would be vegan obviously.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:49 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

As I said, some people are veggies in principle, insomuch they refuse to eat meat because they think it's cruel.   But to avoid that, you'd have to be totally vegan.  Is there a cheese made without milk?   If so, then that would be vegan obviously.

Some vegetarians simply live by what they find acceptable to them personally.

I don't know if there's a cheese make without milk - there probably is. Apparently, some prefer goat's milk because it's more ethical.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:08 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't know if there's a cheese make without milk - there probably is. Apparently, some prefer goat's milk because it's more ethical.
http://www.whitelies.org.uk/nannystate
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:05 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

What a Face

'Ovo-lacto vegetarians' can and do eat egg and dairy products...

A total 'vegan' could always replace cheese with Tofu (processed soyabean 'curds') --  but as it is a highly processed food (in the same category as margarine, soy 'milk, and some modern day processed sauces, creams and 'whips', and dessert fillings..) -- it could come down to how desperate they are to have a cheese-like replacement..

And then, of course, there are those who are commonly sensitive to, or intolerant of, any milk-based foods (whether that be cow, goat or sheep milk..), and that rare minority who are genuinely allergic to milk proteins.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:38 am

Halal, prayers are supposed to be said before slaughter, sorry that's wrong. I'v worked in a slaughter house, if prayers were said before an animal was slaughted it would take all day to get a few dozen through.Take the slaughter of chickens, hundreds go through on a belt hanging by their legs while their throats are cut, you think a butcher says a prayer over every one? get real.

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:57 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Do you ever wonder if fish have been caught, killed humanely and processed properly...

Have you ever wondered whether those hens that provided eggs, or the cows providing the cream for yoghurts, butter ice cream, are being treated properly..

I'LL bet that those thoughts never occur to those BNP/EDL types who constantly whinge and whine about "halal" labelling on neo-nazi political grounds, without giving a thought to the garbage they put in their own mouths.

Yes I wonder about all those things but I don't know why you're calling me a BNP member?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:05 am

I would imagine even wolfie would agree that given the conditions under which meat is reared, and then slaughtered,
HUNTED food (rabbit, pigeon, duck game birds, and even venison) is generally much more ethical than farmed meat.
PROVIDED the hunter sticks to "best practice", which in general most shooters do, and the lone "walked up" shooter probably best of all.
But in reality, and certinly commercially anyone who eats meat cannot whige about the "ethics" of halal meat.

MY objection to it is rather more esoteric....

becasue ...its "special treatment" of a group

i.e one law for them and one for the rest of us....

and THAT is a slippery slope, especially when you consider how we are slowly sliding into "sharia law".

really if the LAW is "x" then it should be "x" for EVERYONE.....with NO regard to religion (we have seperation of church and state) or ethnicity or anything else

Britain First outrage LOL 2190311264 Britain First outrage LOL 479860004
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down