NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Blackburn Axed

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Tony Blackburn Axed Empty Re: Tony Blackburn Axed

Post by Andy Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:11 pm

Agreed Stormee. The BBC say they he wasn't involved - as do the policve - but he was fired because his recollection of events was at variance to the BBC mandarin's cover up version.
I hope he sues the arse of the DG, and the DG has to pay out of his own pocket, rather than the licence payer.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:28 pm

I hope he sues them as well.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:45 pm

The latest official report has stated that many people who worked for the BBC were frightened to speak out about the so called 'celebrities'  who got away with all the abuse for decades.

"Dame Janet Smith review found that there was a culture of reverence and fear towards celebrities at the BBC which STILL EXISTS TODAY".

I wonder who will be named, shamed and jailed (if they are still alive that is) decades from now?

All the cover ups have meant that some people who were not involved have now been dragged into the mess.
I hope Tony Blackburn is innocent, problem is the girl who named him in her diaries is long dead after commiting suicide...so it's his word against the BBC about exactly how events unfolded all those years ago.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:48 pm

So Tony Blackburn knew about Saville and said nothing?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:02 pm

No, it's about an allegation made about him that he was cleared of years ago and they are being accused of deliberately sacking him to try to deflect attention from Smith’s report.

The 1971 allegation, which Tony Blackburn has strenuously denied, was that he “seduced” teenager Claire McAlpine after inviting her back to his flat following a recording of Top Of The Pops, PA reminds us.

In an earlier statement, Blackburn said he had been told that the girl’s mother told the BBC, a few weeks after her initial complaint, that Claire had withdrawn the allegation.

Blackburn also said Dame Janet’s report made no suggestion that he was guilty of misconduct with the teenager, nor did a coroner’s inquest or a subsequent police inquiry into her death after she took her own life.
But Lord Hall said the corporation had “parted company” with Blackburn, referred to as A7 in the report, because of his evidence to the inquiry.
Asked why the BBC sacked the DJ, Lord Hall said: “So many survivors and witnesses have honestly and openly co-operated fully and at great personal cost to themselves.

“As Dame Janet has said, she’s rejected his evidence, and she has explained very clearly why.

“I have to take that extremely seriously. My interpretation of that is that Tony Blackburn fell short of the standards of evidence that such an inquiry demanded.

Hall said paragraphs in the report showed Blackburn was interviewed twice by Bill Cotton and Sir Brian Neill over complaints from the mother of Claire McAlpine who committed suicide after claiming she was abused.
And yet when interviewed by Dame Janet, Blackburn denied these interviewed had taken place, Hall said. “My view is that given the importance of this investigation and the weight of responsibility of everyone to work fully and frankly with Dame Janet’s review, I felt it was untenable for the BBC to continue its relationship [with Blackburn] because of that.”

However, Dame Janet says:

In Dame Janet’s report, she said: “For the sake of completeness, I should make it clear at this stage that I have not attempted to make any judgment about the allegation involving A7 and Claire McAlpine.
“The question does not fall within my terms of reference. My legitimate interest in this matter relates only to what can be inferred about the BBC’s culture and practices from the way in which the matter was investigated by the BBC.”

Tony Blackburn said the BBC has “hung me out to dry” and repeated his threat to sue the corportion.
In a new statement he said:
“I have listened to what has been said by Tony Hall and others today in connection with the publication of the Dame Janet Smith Report.
“I repeat what I told Dame Janet when I voluntary gave evidence to assist her and the BBC. What I said in my earlier statement regarding the alleged meetings with Brian Neill QC and Bill Cotton Junior 45 years ago still stands.
“Given Dame Janet Smith’s concerns of a culture of fear in coming forward at the BBC, the fact that I have been scapegoated for giving my honest account and best recollections of those events 45 years ago - which I felt was a whitewash - what whistleblower at the BBC would ever come forward when they see the way they have hung me out to dry.
“Sadly today’s news agenda should have been about the survivors of abuse carried out within the BBC but, by sacking me, they have managed to take the focus off those who have suffered so much.
“My lawyers are now considering all statements made by the BBC about me today and we will be taking action.”
Here’s his statement from last night.

Tony Blackburn Axed GRncS7Tb_biggerTony Blackburn Verified account @tonyblackburn

Tony Blackburn Axed CcBA8-kXIAQ-uWx

The BBC have also apparently and very conveniently, lost the notes of the interviews that were supposed to have taken place between Sire Bill Cotton and Sir Brian Neil and Tony Blackburn.

All from:  http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2016/feb/25/savile-bbc-abuse-report-to-be-published-live-updates

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Wow. They've treated him like dirt then?
If he does speak out agaisnt them or says anything untoward I bet a massive smear campaign will start.....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:13 pm

He's speaking to his lawyers and saying he is going to sue them.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 pm

sassy wrote:He's speaking to his lawyers and saying he is going to sue them.

And then you'll see a smear campaign against him to discredit him
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 pm

He's saying he was never interviewed about the allegation, and the BBC says he was - yes?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He's saying he was never interviewed about the allegation, and the BBC says he was - yes?

Said so above, and that don't have the paperwork for the alleged meetings, and there would have to be paperwork.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:31 am

It seems to me that a lot of these "dancers" were pretty young. Did they not have an age limit for that kind of thing? How did one get to go on the show?

Anyway, most of the dancers on TOTP looked as if they were about to fall asleep.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down