NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife

4 posters

Go down

CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife Empty CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:25 am

An off-duty policeman has been commended for his bravery after he acted as a human shield when a man with a knife entered a shopping centre.
PC Ian Molineaux from the Metropolitan Police had been at the cinema with his family when he encountered a drunk man weilding a 12-inch blade.
CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife BRAVERY_00_00_58_2_3570516b
CCTV shows the young man with the kitchen knife (ITN)
The man, who was suffering from a schizophrenic episode, was threatening people coming into Victoria shopping centre in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
PC Molineaux stepped in and attempted to stop him from getting out the shopping centre.
CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife BRAVERY_00_01_29_1_3570515b
The young man points the knife at PC Molineaux (ITN)
The entire incident was caught on CCTV.
PC Molineaux said: "I tried to draw him on to me to make sure he didn't get out of the shopping centre."
CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife BRAVERY_00_01_35_1_3570514b
The off-duty policeman acted as a human sheild (ITN)
The erratic man continued to slash at PC Molineaux with a knife which the man had taken from his mother's kitchen that evening.
PC Molineaux said that he tried to calm the man down and have a chat with him "on a personal basis".
He succeeded in keeping the man contained and away from other shoppers until armed response arrived, at which point the young man had to be subdued with a taser.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12146871/Off-duty-policeman-bravely-tackles-man-with-knife.html

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife Empty Re: CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife

Post by nicko Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:57 am

Lets have a few replies on this especially from our colonial friends. If the policeman had been armed would he been correct in shooting him?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife Empty Re: CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:05 am

It says the man was having a schizophrenic episode, so why does it say he was drunk?

These people with schizophrenia need to take their medication so they don't become dangerous.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:57 am

Nice to see it being done properly, let's face it, there are other countries that would have used it as an excuse to execute him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:20 pm

sassy wrote:Nice to see it being done properly, let's face it, there are other countries that would have used it as an excuse to execute him.

OMG dumbest post of the day award goes to sassy who now equates a person who has mental health issues be coached into giving up a weapon to where Palestinians actually do stab and intend to kill

Hence why sassy is one thick self hating white

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:21 pm

Meaning Israel I suppose.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 pm

nicko wrote:Meaning Israel I suppose.

Of course Nicko, she is a racist skank, the sort of thing you would not piss on if on fire.
She thinks terrorists are victims if the are trying to people

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Stormee wrote:They can still be dangerous on their medication Miss Ragga.

I do not believe in taking chances with innocent human life, if I had been an on duty armed policemen I would have taken the lawbreaker down, PDQ, using whichever means at my disposal at the time.
He could have easily dodge the off duty officer and caused death/injury.

He who hesitates is lost.

I have read stories about people with schizophrenia not taking their medication though, and then they relapse. Taking drugs or drinking booze can also exacerbate it. I'm not suggesting that all people with schizophrenia are dangerous, but sometimes if they have false perceptions of danger or something, they might think they're defending themselves when they're not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 pm

nicko wrote:Lets have a few replies on this especially from our colonial friends.       If the policeman had been armed would he been correct in shooting him?
In Australia, they could but it would be frowned upon
it is always seen as a partial failure on the officer part to have to resort to their firearm

Community outrage is on a case by case basis
in this case i think the outrage would have been low
it is uncommon for police to shoot, 5 in a year would be a lot Wink

In Saying that, Ideally our would handle it the same way as your man has
any decent cop can beat a knife with their baton CCTV captures off-duty policeman bravely tackling man with knife 479860004
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down