NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Israel Admits ‘Shameful’ Birth Control Drug Injected in Unaware Ethiopian Jews

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Israel Admits ‘Shameful’ Birth Control Drug Injected in Unaware Ethiopian Jews Empty Israel Admits ‘Shameful’ Birth Control Drug Injected in Unaware Ethiopian Jews

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:30 am

The Israeli government has tacitly acknowledged injecting Ethiopian women immigrating to Israel with a long-acting contraceptive without their knowledge, telling them they couldn’t come into the country if they didn’t take the shot, which the women thought was a vaccination.

Many have called the practice appallingly racist.

The shots are being blamed for a 50 percent drop in the birth rate in Israel’s Ethiopian community over the past decade.

There are about 120,000 Jews of Ethiopian origin living in Israel, about a third of them born in Israel. There have long been conspiracy theories circulating about forced sterilization. But after a documentary aired last month on Israel’s Educational Network, Health Ministry Director General Ron Gamzu has banned Israel’s health maintenance organizations from injecting Ethiopian women with the contraceptive Depo-Provera.

Gamzu sent out a letter to HMOs telling them “not to renew prescriptions for Depo-Provera for women of Ethiopian origin if for any reason there is concern that they might not understand the ramifications of the treatment,” the news site Haaretz reported Sunday.

According to Haaretz, the documentary chronicled 35 Ethiopian women who immigrated to Israel eight years ago and said they were told they would not be allowed to move to Israel unless they agreed to the Depo-Provera shots.

“We said we won’t have the shot,” recounted one of the women, according to Haaretz. “They told us, if you don’t you won’t go to Israel. And also you won’t be allowed into (an assistance program), you won’t get aid or medical care. We were afraid … We didn’t have a choice. Without them and their aid we couldn’t leave (Ethiopia). So we accepted the injection. It was only with their permission that we were allowed to leave.”

According to the Times of Israel, some of the women didn’t know the shots contained contraceptives; they thought the shots were vaccinations. Others said they kept receiving them after they came to Israel and complained of side effects such as headaches and abdominal pain.

Last month, a report by a local investigative journalist, Gal Gabbay, showed that women in a transit camp in Ethiopia awaiting emigration were told they would have to get the shots in order to come to Israel.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the possible side effects of the drug include a decrease in bone density that puts women at increased risk for osteoporosis and fracture. In addition, returning to fertility can be a lengthy process and withdrawal symptoms can be acute.

“Depo-Provera has a shameful history,” Efrat Yardai wrote in an op-ed for Haaretz, explaining that the drug was used between 1967 and 1978 as part of an experiment that took place in the U.S. state of Georgia on 13,000 impoverished women, half of whom were black. Many of them were unaware that the injections were part of an experiment. Some of the women became sick and a few died during the experiment.

Ethiopian Jews have faced widespread discrimination and isolation since being moved to Israel in the 1980s. Some were forced to live in transit camps or absorption centers to “adjust to society.” They face widespread discrimination in the job market and the educational system.

Hevda Eyal, author of the report “By Women to Women,” told the National that the birth control shots were about “reducing the number of births in a community that is black and mostly poor.”

The Times of Israel details the case of a nurse — captured by a hidden camera in a health clinic — telling an Ethiopian woman that the shot is given to Ethiopian immigrants because “they forget, they don’t understand, and it’s hard to explain to them, so it’s best that they receive a shot once every three months … basically they don’t understand anything.”

http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/01/29/israel-acknowledges-shameful-contraceptive-shots-given-to-ethiopian-jews/

Utterly shameful

Back to top Go down

Israel Admits ‘Shameful’ Birth Control Drug Injected in Unaware Ethiopian Jews Empty Re: Israel Admits ‘Shameful’ Birth Control Drug Injected in Unaware Ethiopian Jews

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:36 am

So Iasrael says they must have the shots, so they are then on contraceptives. They then feign ignorance after then being accepted after taking the shots.
What ever way you look at this, it is either a breakdown in communication from either party.
So Israel wants to keep populations under control, which is no bad thing and if that is the ticket top gain entry into Israel, I fail to see what is wrong with that at all.

Back to top Go down

Israel Admits ‘Shameful’ Birth Control Drug Injected in Unaware Ethiopian Jews Empty Re: Israel Admits ‘Shameful’ Birth Control Drug Injected in Unaware Ethiopian Jews

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:38 am

Richard The Lionheart wrote:So Iasrael says they must have the shots, so they are then on contraceptives. They then feign ignorance after then being accepted after taking the shots.
What ever way you look at this, it is either a breakdown in communication from either party.
So Israel wants to keep populations under control, which is no bad thing and if that is the ticket top gain entry into Israel, I fail to see what is wrong with that at all.

One day you look back on writing that and realise what you have become and cringe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:41 am

sassy wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:So Iasrael says they must have the shots, so they are then on contraceptives. They then feign ignorance after then being accepted after taking the shots.

One day you look back on writing that and realise what you have become and cringe.

You mean Liberal, back equality for all, back measure to control populations growths.
If the problem here is  coummincation, then that should be corrected as I doubt very much it will not deter many Ethiopeans from coming to Israel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:49 am

No, I meant exactly what I said.  You are no Liberal, you go on about women being coerced into wearing the burka, but because Israel has done it, you try and justify them forcing women to take drugs and try to pretend that FORCED contraception is ok, (no other group in Israel has this done to them, including the Russion Jews), you dismiss the fact that this gives them health problems and well as stopping them having children against their will, and the terrible history of Depo-Provera.   If this was done to a woman in the UK it would be assault, and so it should be.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the possible side effects of the drug include a decrease in bone density that puts women at increased risk for osteoporosis and fracture. In addition, returning to fertility can be a lengthy process and withdrawal symptoms can be acute.

You have said some shameful things in your time, but this is a new low, even for you.

The Israeli government has tacitly acknowledged injecting Ethiopian women immigrating to Israel with a long-acting contraceptive without their knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:54 am

Again this is the condtion to come to Israel.
Its there for a specific purpose and clearly also needed as it seems many of these women know very little about birth control, in a time in history when they do need to know like a place like Israel
For you to even equate the burqqa a form a subjucation to birth control is just plain bonkers.
I never said anything forced was okay
I said this was clearly a communicatioin break diown because clearly others have understood the requirement.
I mean did it escape you that they can only find some women that claimed this?
You see this is why your ability to research is poor.
So improve the communication
Keep the contraceptive outside family planning.
35 out of how many Ethiopean women immigrants?
That is why I know this is more a breakdown in communication latched onto by the left and made out to be a thousand times worse than it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:29 am

TO SUM THIS UP.

DIDGE, WHO IS AGAINST WOMEN WEARING SOMETHING THEY MIGHT WANT TO, IN CASE THEY HAVE BEEN COERCED INTO DOING IT

IS FINE WITH WOMEN BEING INJECTED WITH DRUGS THAT STOP THEM HAVING BABIES BUT ALSO CAN CAUSE IRREVERSIBLE MEDICAL DAMAGE TO THEIR BONES AND LONG TERM DAMAGE TO THEIR FERTILITY

BECAUSE IT IS DONE BY ISRAEL, FOR WHOM HE WILL SUPPORT ANY ATROCITY, NO MATTER WHAT.

THE WORST HYPOCRITE I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS AND IN NO WAY A LIBERAL, OR A FIGHTER FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS, IN FACT THE REVERSE

UTTERLY, UTTERLY SHAMEFUL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:34 am

Points to answer

Am I fine with Israel having its own contraceptive measure, which as seen has been stopped anyway.
Am I fine with it being a condition?
Yes, as long as the people involved are aware.
That has to be the worst attempt at goading if I ever saw, fabricated what I said and made the most infinately incomprehensible comparrison to a form of dress that subjucates women.
Again I suggest you learn to read where I said I do not back anything being forced.

Nice attempt at trying to derail the thread and yet again make it about me

I shall let this one go, but the next time you deliberately derail the thread not talking about the thread you will be reported.

Also stop telling porkies when everyone can read what I have said

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:56 am

As to your signiture:

Neturei Karta (Jewish Babylonian Aramaic: נָטוֹרֵי קַרְתָּא nāṭōrē qarṯā, literally "Guardians of the City") is a religious group that split from normative Judaism, formally created in Jerusalem, British Mandate of Palestine, in 1938, splitting off from Agudas Yisrael. The Neturei Karta see themselves as the "true Jews", but are viewed as a cult on "the farthest fringes of Judaism" by mainstream Jews.[1] Neturei Karta opposes Zionism and calls for a dismantling of the State of Israel, in the belief that Jews are forbidden to have their own state until the coming of the Jewish Messiah.They live in a fashion similar to Haredi communities around the globe. In Israel some members also pray at affiliated beit midrash, in Jerusalem's Meah Shearim neighborhood and in Ramat Beit Shemesh Bet. Neturei Karta states that no official count of the number of members exists.[4] The Jewish Virtual Library puts their numbers at 5,000,[5] while the Anti-Defamation League estimates that fewer than 100 members of the community take part in anti-Israel activism.[1] Members of Neturei Karta have a long history of extremist statements and support for notable anti-Semites and Islamic extremists.[1]
According to Neturei Karta:
"The name Neturei Karta is a name usually given to those people who regularly pray in the Neturei Karta synagogues (Torah Ve'Yirah Jerusalem, Torah U'Tefillah London, Torah U'Tefillah NY, Beis Yehudi Upstate NY, etc.), study in or send their children to educational institutions run by Neturei Karta, or actively participate in activities, assemblies or demonstrations called by the Neturei Karta".[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neturei_Karta

Not many of them, they back extremists and deny Israel having only a state now until their claim of a Messiah coming.
I really do not think to many Jews or Israeli's are going to lose much sleep over that group

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:26 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Lol! Feign ingorance? Break down in commutation?

This is probably the most hilarious justification of an utterly racist and dehumanising policy I've ever read.

Your blind defence of Zionism is certifiable.

Sorry biut can you actually address any points made without allowing yourself to become emotionally compremised?

Again this has nothing to do with Zionism, but the now discontinued practice because of a lack of communication that was found to be apparant. I welcome that.
What is more telling is that this brings more emotive a response from you and Sasy with shrieks of claims to ignorance, than the murder and injuries to a number of Israeli civillians. Now that I find more troubling, where at least this has been resolved. Peace on the other hand is being constantly denied by some of the left and some Muslims who seemed to be way more interested in justifyingf just how much they hate a people and use a name Zionism, to allow themselves to be so misguided to believe this will somehow make vanished the fact that this hate you have is fundementally directed at Jews.
Now I suggest you give up this pretence on claiming any form of moral high ground, as you surrendered any such notion or belief to be ethical when you allowed yourself to rendere your own arguments fundementally racist by denying Israelis their Jewsih identity and also hating them for being Israeli.

So why has this provoked out of you more of poor claim to moral outrage than the actual murder of civillians targeted through terrorism? At no point did I back any view to force but can very much understand a program that links immoigration to control birth control as long as its fair and equal. 35 claims out of thousands is not grounds for anything other than poor communication, which as seen  the project has been discontinued. My views are on this isuue, not zionism, not zionists, but this one topic. You and sassy prove you use any such topic to further your hate and fail to grasp the issue is on the policy, not any aspect of Zionism itself. By your iuse of using Zionism again to project hate is what leaves your reasoning flawed, conflicting and born not from any sense of in justice, but more interested in promoting hate.

Look back at your response and tell me that your reasoning is not led by hate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:45 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:

https://youtu.be/dPxv4Aff3IA

What is disproportionate and also poor is how such a video is made with intent to delgitimize Israel, when we know there is extremists but Israel has laws that offer far more equality laws than any African would hope to achieve in Gaza for example, let alone the entire Middle East

Incidentally that means that some 1% of Muslims in Gaza are Africans, in part or in whole, and are fairly recent arrivals, rather than any kind of native residents of the land.
That's not surprising since the "Palestinians" are mainly Arabs from the region who moved in. That goes triple for the Arab Muslims who usually followed the Christians and then took over places like Bethlehem and Ramallah.
Al-Monitor met with political activist Samah al-Rawagh, 33, at her home and asked her whether she experienced any discrimination due to her skin color. She made light of the matter. Yet, when her father Ahmad al-Rawagh, 80, recounted incidents he had experienced involving racism, Samah was shocked. “That’s the first time I’ve heard such stories from you,” she said.
“I struggled a lot to overcome the difficulties caused by the color of my skin. I always had to doubly prove myself at school, at work and in life, because I’m dark-skinned,” Ahmad said.
He said that they are originally from Sudan. His ancestors came at the beginning of the 20th century and lived in Palestine — in a village called Roubin, neighboring Jaffa — until 1948, when they were forced to migrate to the Gaza Strip. "But I never felt that I did not belong here. Palestine is the homeland I have always known, and is a homeland to about 10,000 other dark-skinned people in the Gaza Strip."
10,000 is a lot of people proportionately speaking. There are more Afro-Turks and Afro-Iraqis, but 10,000 Arab Africans in Gaza alone suggests that they came as part of a massive emigration.
There are no clear historical sources that speak about the African minority in Gaza, but there is an oral history passed down by families from one generation to the next. Journalist Ali Bakhit, 28, said that he learned from his great-uncle that his family originally comes from Ghana.
"Africans first entered Palestine during the Islamic conquests, specifically when Caliph Omar ibn al-Khattab entered Jerusalem, accompanied by a number of Africans. African communities from Chad, Nigeria, Sudan and Senegal came in the late 19th century, either for worship or to participate in the resistance," Bakhit noted in an interview with Al-Monitor.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/209861/10000-black-palestinians-struggle-racism-gaza-daniel-greenfield

Now considering Africans have for the better part of far more centuries endured slavery in the Arab world and still face the worst discrmination, do not think that what you posted was not only poor but so one side, it dhows again your hate is what is denying you the ability to reason here. Only any wrongs by Israel extremist matter to you, as all other Islamic, far right of far left to even sectarian violence and terrorism, are all of lesser worth and attention

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:48 am

Now if you want to champion yourself on proposed claims of racism against Israel, of which I am happy to listen, may we first start how you ignore what is a million times worse in many Muslim majority countries in the Arab world?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Arab_world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Palestinian_territories

Now I agree that there is a problem with some who are racist in Israel, but the policies are not racist, some people are.
I rightfully condemn any such racism, but it pails in comparrison to racism and persecution in the Aragb world. So I am perplexed as to why you continually only taregt and promote hate against Israel through your reasoned excuse to justify your hate through the label zionists?

Israel has broad anti-discrimination laws that prohibit discrimination by both government and nongovernment entities on the basis of race, religion, and political beliefs, and prohibits incitement to racism. The Israeli government and many groups within Israel have undertaken efforts to combat racism. Israel is a state-party to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, and is a signatory of the Convention against Discrimination in Education. Israel's President Reuven Rivlin announced to a meeting of academics in October 2014 that it is finally time for Israel to live up to its promise as a land of equality, time to cure the epidemic of racism. “Israeli society is sick, and it is our duty to treat this disease,” Rivlin stated

How many Arab nations are signitories to the conventions against racism in education?
I mean hey, 93 percent antisemitism in the Palestinian teritories, and 2 thirds back the murder of civillians through stabbing, shooting and raming their cars into them. Have you just not show the worst double standards on racim by fundementally completely ignoraing where the main areas and problems are in the Middle East?
At least Israel is looking to combat racism, show me what Arab nations are doing to combat racism as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:02 am

I'm quite suprised at you didge.
How can you think this is ok? To forcibly inject women with a contraceptive drug?!

There's only one reason that Israeli authorities would sanction this and it's a racist one: no more black babies!

I've know for a while this shit goes on, I just don't bother to post about it as it gets called a conspiracy, and it would've gone on for as long as they could've gotten away with it too.
I'm suprised you're not outraged at this basic infringment of w women's rights. You've basically gone on the side of people who want to contain a race.

Like I said: everyone is a little bit racist.
My point is proven again and again and my point about governments controlling people is proven too....(we will never know if it's been done over here will we, until or unless, it comes out one day...)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:33 am

For a start I take issue with a poster when they clearly have not read my answers, where at no point have I said to force women.
So before we continue to answer the rest of your points, you need to recognise that this claim you just made is completely false.
You then make an even more outlandlish claim based on no evidence this is done tto prevent black births.

So can you show me that no Israeli africans were born in 2014 to back up your falsified claim?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:46 am

Nice to see Stormee and Didge are on the same page.  Shows the level to which he has sunk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:49 am

sassy wrote:Nice to see Stormee and Didge are on the same page.  Shows the level to which he has sunk.

On global birth control?
I would like to think everyone is on the same page, being as the population is spiralling out of control.
I see also you are more interested in deligitimizing posters than any debate
This is your final warning.
Post about points on the debate and not you continued falsfied lies about posters

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:54 am

This is for Eddie to prove her claim is completely unjustified on denying births due to being black:

Demographics

At the end of 2013, 135,500 Israelis of Ethiopian origin were living in Israel. About 85,900 were born in Ethiopia while 49,600 were born in Israel.

At present, 70 percent of Ethiopian Israelis do not fall under Israel's standard definition of “olim” (new immigrants). Only about 30 percent have been in Israel for less than 10 years. Within the veteran Ethiopian Israeli population there is great variance relating to background, language and culture of the geographical area in Ethiopia from which they come, when they made aliya (in the 1980’s, 1990’s or 2000’s) and how long they have been in Israel, where they live and what they do in Israel. The majority of Ethiopian Israelis live in central and southern Israel (38 percent and 24 percent respectively)

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/ejdesc.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:00 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:Nice to see Stormee and Didge are on the same page.  Shows the level to which he has sunk.

The PC brigade, Lord Haw Haw supporters, all traitors, migrant asslickers, anti Britishers on forums and all over the world should be sterilised.

If only?????????

Hoist by you own petard Stormee, showing the vileness of Britain First over and over again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:26 pm

So again yoiu compremise your emotions by making absurd comparrisons to posters and nothing on the debate itself
Again at no point have I backed forcing people
Again you are as seen only interested in finding fault with Israel at the same time blatantly ignoring far worse and graver racist situations.
Again Israel is at least trying to combat racism and has policies.

What do the Palestinians have to combat antisemitism?

Like I say you contiinue to show why your reasoning is weak and poor as it is formed and fueled by hatred and not any reasoning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:

On global birth control?
I would like to think everyone is on the same page, being as the population is spiralling out of control.
I see also you are more interested in deligitimizing posters than any debate
This is your final warning.
Post about points on the debate and not you continued falsfied lies about posters

Thank you

Nobody has the right to takeaway someone's choice to have children, especially without their knowledge.

What your advocating is a policy of no black babies, not birth control.

If it is with mutual aggrement then that is not taking anyones right away.
Again you invent things not even stated and this is how something is then turn into a multitude of invented claims to make a view against the other poster, when none of them have been said.
I suggest you spend more time concentrating on the points at hand

To even claim I am defending something racist clearly not even reading what I have written, and even more so when you have been exposed for being racist against Jews, by denying them a Jewish identity really leaves you not in the best position to start throwing around poor unfounded accusations. The following was a couple of years ago showing this has been in use for sometime and it seems in now way forced but as stated a lack of communication with many willing to continue its usages. So I suggest the next time you do some further reasearch to save you from being emotionally compremised again.

But how true is it that Israel "forced" or "coerced" Ethiopian Jews into taking birth control, without even telling them it was birth control? An interesting piece in Haaretz says it isn't very true, and "the more [this] story is repeated, the more warped and distorted it becomes". Haaretz says it is certainly the case, as revealed in an Israeli TV documentary in December, that Israel's immigration authorities are guilty of "insensitivity" and "cultural condescension" towards Ethiopian Jews, and perhaps a "certain level of racism". The article says these African Jews were indeed given Depo-Provera, a birth-control injection that lasts for three months, both in Addis Ababa, as they waited to go to Israel, and also in the absorption centres they first stayed in upon arrival in Israel. But it is not the case – or it certainly has not been proven by anyone – that they were given these injections deceitfully, without their consent, being misled into believing they were just inoculations.

Haaretz says the Ethiopian women were "coaxed" or "strongly convinced" to have the Depo-Provera shot, not forced. The idea that they were given it without their knowledge springs from the testimony of a few women who simply said "they weren't aware the shots were birth control"; that could be down to these individual women's lack of understanding or confusion, says Haaretz, since "the vast majority of the Ethiopian women who received Depo-Provera were aware it was birth control and received it willingly".

As for the claims that Israel is "sterilising" immigrants it doesn't like very much, Haaretz points out that, by definition, an injection whose birth-controlling power lasts only three months is not sterilisation. It also points out that some Ethiopian women continued voluntarily to receive Depo-Provera even once they were settled in Israel, because they "preferred being injected at a clinic rather than having to take pills daily in the presence of other family members who might disapprove of that decision". That is, the injections became culturally convenient for some Ethiopian women in Israel. Haaretz says it is "insulting to these women's intelligence" to suggest they would continue travelling to a clinic in Israel in order to stand in line to be "sterilised", and in truth the drop in the Ethiopian birth rate in Israel that observers fretted over this week is far more likely "attributable to access to birth control that these women wanted".

None of this nuance and very little of the detail of the original Israeli TV exposé made it into the international coverage this week, where instead the story was treated as "some kind of villainous genocidal plot of sterilisation aimed at ethnic and racial cleansing", says Haaretz. Yes, Israeli officials screwed up in their treatment of these Ethiopian women; no woman should ever feel pressured, even slightly, into taking birth control, especially by those who hold the key to her ability to start a new life. (This is something that all those respectable, Western, condom-waving NGOs in Africa should also bear in mind.) But the mistreatment of this story, the exaggeration of it, the warped repeating of it by observers and tweeters around the world, reveals something ugly too: a thirst for treating Israel as a uniquely racist, wicked, barbaric outpost. When it comes to pointing a big, white Western finger at Israel and accusing it of carrying out the kind crimes of racism and colonialism that the rest of us grew out of years ago – a favoured pastime of so many liberal campaigners today – it seems facts count for little.

I think this clearly proves hpow badly some go to extreme lenghs to place unfounded accusations against Israel, where this had been a procedure before, but it was not done from a position of racism, naeivty that is for sure, but it backs up what I have been saying. Some of the left and some Muslims will look for any slight on Israel and then further fabricate on the issue, whilst blatantly ignoring far greater problems in many other countries. They show their inability to be balanced because again it is a fundemental hate that drives people to demonize and deligitimize a people. You would think a Muslim would understand this better than most being as they are often targeted with sterotypes and labels, through hate. Again all wrong, but it certainly shows who all reasoning is thrown out of the window when as seen some here are being led by their hate, and not with a view to finding any long term peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Again invented falsified claims.
Again as seen if already many women are taking this anc coming voluntary back for more it is not being forced upon them
No matter how many times you try to fabricate this, at worse Israel was poor in its communication.
Claims to racism is as seen false.
Which your objective is to demonize and deligitimize Israel at every turn.
Now here Israel has made errors which they should correct, but considering injection only lasts for 3 months it is impossible for this to make the women permentantly sterile. Which means it is a temp help measure for women.

Again you are just throwing out absurd accusations again  using Zionism and Nazi, none of which you know anything about othe than you agree with a few hundred Jews who are against Zionism. I now know your ability on this to reason is shot to peices when you starting throwing out such accusations.

Again for you to digest and there is little reason or need for me to show anything else as I have proven how badly you have tried to manipulate this to further your own ends, that of promoting hate

All drugs have possible side effects which is why many are printed for people to understand if they start having any symptoms, but you will find the same in countless birth controll methods. What you are doing there is now further moving the goal posts as if they are now all suffering from all these symptoms when on that what has been said? Zero

As for the claims that Israel is "sterilising" immigrants it doesn't like very much, Haaretz points out that, by definition, an injection whose birth-controlling power lasts only three months is not sterilisation. It also points out that some Ethiopian women continued voluntarily to receive Depo-Provera even once they were settled in Israel, because they "preferred being injected at a clinic rather than having to take pills daily in the presence of other family members who might disapprove of that decision". That is, the injections became culturally convenient for some Ethiopian women in Israel. Haaretz says it is "insulting to these women's intelligence" to suggest they would continue travelling to a clinic in Israel in order to stand in line to be "sterilised", and in truth the drop in the Ethiopian birth rate in Israel that observers fretted over this week is far more likely "attributable to access to birth control that these women wanted".

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Okay didge, give me a reason why this contraceptive is being given to black Jews and not white Jews?
Or why it's being given at all?

What would you say if this were done over here?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Again which proves why you do not read the thread as that has already been stated in the article I posted Eddie

That is now twice today you have not read through
and even worse have nothing to back up your claim.
When you make accusations the onus is on you to prove your claim.
Its not up to me to disprove something you have not proven
You have not even admitted you wrongly claimed that I backed these women being forced and I never did

Again if the women are willing to use which it seems the greater many wanted to be able to use, says more about why is was at one point widely used as no doubt they never had such access to contraceptives before.
Again we are talking more here about Israel not being sensitive to the point Ethiopia is still a devloping country and it was no doubt born out a view and a naive poor view over no doubt how they thought many of these women could lack education and understanding of birth control. To me it was poor how they went about this but to claim racism is pure absurdity, when it was more done out to help a people who have never had such access to birth control when in Ethiopia

Now you can go back and read the article I posed.
Not once have I ever stated for anything to be forced.
It seems very much so it was more strongly recommeded and many women came back to use this more clearly happy with it
Some did not understand and thow then these stories disgress to the claims you make now where again you offer no evidence.

So please do not pester me again Eddie on this if for one you did not read the replies which is evident you did not and if you cannot admit the false accusations you made onto me here were very wrong

Thanks

Haaretz says the Ethiopian women were "coaxed" or "strongly convinced" to have the Depo-Provera shot, not forced. The idea that they were given it without their knowledge springs from the testimony of a few women who simply said "they weren't aware the shots were birth control"; that could be down to these individual women's lack of understanding or confusion, says Haaretz, since "the vast majority of the Ethiopian women who received Depo-Provera were aware it was birth control and received it willingly".

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Oh hush up. You never ever read or watch anything anyone else posts up.

And you avoided my questions.

Whatever.
You're sounding like you only agree with this because it suits you today. You change your mind with the wind - it's becoming quite evident.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:48 pm

And don't say another poster is "pestering" you by engaging in debate.
If no one "pestered" you, you'd be having a monologue you arse.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Eddie you made incorrect accusations on me, and have still not retracted this.
I am not wasting my time also when you cannot even be bothered to read the replies, because if you did, you would not of made the false claim, saying I back forcing when I did not and also would not ask me to disprove something you cannot prove yourself.

I am not going to go around in circles Eddie
Best you place up your evidence or then there is no more to be said

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm

"The Israeli government has tacitly acknowledged injecting Ethiopian women immigrating to Israel with a long-acting contraceptive without their knowledge, telling them they couldn’t come into the country if they didn’t take the shot, which the women thought was a vaccination."

Hmmm let's see...

"Without their knowledge"
"The women thought was a vaccination"

Key sentences right there so not sure what the confusion is?
Deliberately misleading someone is a LIE
THEY LIED TO THE WOMEN

Fail to see how anyone can make that right unless they are:

a trying to argue for arguments sake
b in agreement
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Incorrect they may not have properly informed 35 women, as clearly many knew what this was and continue and still do to come back for more injections. You need to read behind what is hyped in the report and what is genuine here Eddie
Sorry Eddie I am just not going to tolerate posters who waste my time, that make constant poor accusations and then can never back up their stance where yours here is based around the claim from the media
This has been going on for some years, where clearly many Ethiopian women want free access to birth control

So all you have is 35 women out of tens of thousands who have migrated to Israel. Which if being honest is a very small number that has sadly not understood what was being offered. Again offered, not forced.
So that is the bases for your claim, 35, where its poor communication

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:05 pm

And all zack can off is just further abuse
More shout racism accusations, when clearly as seen from Haaretz, who are as left as can be do not make any such assertions that you have made from the article I published.
Again you need to control your emotions governing hate as they do not allow you to reason and just pout off childish names

Again onus is on those claiming racism to prove their case.
Assumptions are nothing more than hearsay and poor reasoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:Incorrect they may not have properly informed 35 women, as clearly many knew what this was and continue and still do to come back for more injections. You need to read behind what is hyped in the report and what is genuine here Eddie
Sorry Eddie I am just not going to tolerate posters who waste my time, that make constant poor accusations and then can never back up their stance where yours here is based around the claim from the media
This has been going on for some years, where clearly many Ethiopian women want free access to birth control

So all you have is 35 women out of tens of thousands who have migrated to Israel. Which if being honest is a very small number that has sadly not understood what was being offered. Again offered, not forced.
So that is the bases for your claim, 35, where its poor communication

Even if they did know, basing your immigration status on the right to have no children is still a barbaric violation of human rights.

If they did not, then it was not a condition but something very strongly advised as explained already.
All you have here is poor coimmunicatiin which is why it is only around 35 out of thousands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:

If they did not, then it was not a condition but something very strongly advised as explained already.
All you have here is poor coimmunicatiin which is why it is only around 35 out of thousands.

Even with perfect communication, it's still a violation of their human rights to say you can only live in Israel if you agree to sterilise yourself.

No its not again any human rights, even if the above was true, if people are willingly accepting of such a proposal
Also is a temp measure of 3 months birth control, where you make it sound as if permenant.
You maybe refused entry because of a criminal record, lack of shots taken, so to claim this as you do now is false
Countries can have conditions for entry to live in their countries but in this instance it was not part of immigration as a condtion, this has been falsified. What is clearly is that it was strongly recommeded and some were very confued over this all which is no surpise if they did strongly advuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:And all zack can off is just further abuse
More shout racism accusations, when clearly as seen from Haaretz, who are as left as can be do not make any such assertions that you have made from the article I published.
Again you need to control your emotions governing hate as they do not allow you to reason and just pout off childish names

Again onus is on those claiming racism to prove their case.
Assumptions are nothing more than hearsay and poor reasoning

I have proved racism:

This sterilisation policy ONLY applied to Africans immigrating to Israel.

That dioes not prove racism.
That is you makung an assumption based on you claiming this being available to one group.
Which I bet it is to more groups
This is about Israel being naive in regardds to countries where women doi not have free access to birth control and as seen many ae very happy with having access to this
Its clear strongly recommended has been twisted to claim it is a condition, which that charge is false from the paper basing this orr 35 already confused women over what the drug was itself
So you have not proven racism

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
eddie wrote:Okay didge, give me a reason why this contraceptive is being given to black Jews and not white Jews?
Or why it's being given at all?

What would you say if this were done over here?

That's a fair question Dick - your bullshit excuse of not reading the article speaks volumes about something you really can't defend. That is policy was inheritantly racist. Only African immigrants to Israel were given this drug. That can only mean that you condone Israel's no black baby policy. That's a new low, even for you.

So why only the black ones?

If Tommy said that, he'd be called a racist
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Is it true? Did Israel’s soaring rescue of thousands of Ethiopian Jews crash land some two decades later?
The Ha’aretz stories were based on a Dec. 8, 2012 Israeli broadcast called “Vacuum,” with host Gal Gabai. Ignoring information to the contrary, and placing words in the mouths of her interviewees, Gabai relentlessly pushed her pre-determined and unsubstantiated thesis that the coerced injections of Depo-Provera, a contraception shot which lasts three months, led to a 50 percent decrease in the birth rate among Ethiopian immigrants in the last decade.
Besides the abhorrent possibility that Israeli officials and/or employees of the Joint Distribution Committee, which operates the Ethiopian clinics, maintained a “systematic mechanism” (Gabai’s words) to ensure the women receive the shots, are there are other feasible explanations for the prevalent use of Depo-Provera among Ethiopian Jews? Yes, but Gabai, Talila Nesher of Ha’aretz and their foreign colleagues failed to consider them.
Depo-Provera is the most popular birth control method in African countries, including Ethiopia. Many women prefer the shot, a discreet means of birth control, which can be administered without the knowledge of disapproving husbands. A 2005 study carried out by Family Health International found: “Because contraceptives may introduce social discord, leading at times to intimate partners’ violence among African couples, women of low bargaining powers often resort to family planning methods that are suitable to covert use. . . Consequently, a general pattern that has been observed in the contraceptive method mix in sub-Saharan Africa and elsewhere in the developing world is the predominance of injectables.”
A serious journalist covering the widespread use of Depo-Provera among Ethiopians would have taken into account women’s desire for discreet birth control. Gabai interviewed the head of the Israeli Society for Contraception, who noted the cultural preference for injections, but she completely discounted this point in her conclusion.
Moreover, Gabai ignored other factors aside from alleged coerced injections which contributed to a lower birth rate. For instance, in the modern world, declining birth rates are associated with greater affluence and an improvement in the status of women. As they gain greater study and work opportunities, as well as better access to more advanced medical care and family planning, many women opt for fewer children. Poor populations with high child mortality rates also have high fertility rates. Israel has a lower infant and child mortality rate than Ethiopia.
As demographer Petra Naihmas notes in the Demographic Research journal: “Ethiopian immigrants arrived from a rural, less developed country, where traditionally children have an important economic role to play. Obviously, within a developed urban economy, children are a net economic burden upon the parents until early adulthood and there is an emphasis on the future returns to investment in the education of children. The economic incentive to reduce fertility exists.”
Futhermore, Naihmas contends that “abortions are being increasingly relied upon as a form of pregnancy control, especially among younger Ethiopian women” in Israel. Moreover, she says, women are putting off marriage and children: “The increase in median age of first marriage is particularly impressive for new Ethiopian immigrants, which increased by six years between 1990 and 2000.”
According to a 2007 USAID report, many women in Ethiopia want birth control and are unable to get it; 34 percent of Ethiopian women want family planning services to prolong the time between births, or to prevent additional pregnancies. In their Ethiopian clinics, the JDC provides these critical, sought-after family planning services, and women are treated there from their own free will. These are the same services that are offered in thousands of programs around the world, run, for example, by the United Nations Population Fund. And yet Gabai assigned a sinister purpose to the JDC family planning workshops, referring to them as a “euphemism for decreasing the birth rate.”
Regardless, is it still possible that certain JDC employees were negligent in carrying out their responsibilities, not carefully enough explaining side effects or alternative contraceptions? Might some Israeli health workers have been patronizing or racist, assuming that Ethiopian women could not be relied upon to take pills every day? Of course these are possibilities.
But, is it true, as Gabai says to one of her interviewees, an Ethiopian mother of four, “they told you [having children is] forbidden in Israel”? The mother, who said she intends to have more children, replied: “No, why forbidden? There are loads of children. What, why forbidden?”
Irresponsible, sensationalist reports distract from real social challenges facing Ethiopians in Israel, and do not help them.
There are those, however, who do benefit from this saga. In the digital era, where falsehoods long outlast yellowed news clippings, the lie about Israel’s sterilization of Ethiopians will doubtless become another weapon in the arsenal used by extremists to delegitimize the Jewish state.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/02/07/lets-get-the-facts-straight-about-ethiopian-jews-and-contraception/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:46 pm

Yes it's okay, we all must now reconsider our views because didge has found "his expert" and his "articles" and of course, they're right!

Funny, because I bet the source in this thread is okay for you to use in the very near future didge lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:50 pm

And we are back to people talking about me and not the topic itself.

Which becomes tedious and works more in my favour showing those who do have no valid rsponse.

So on that note I hope all have a good evening

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:07 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:And we are back to people talking about me and not the topic itself.

Which becomes tedious and works more in my favour showing those who do have no valid rsponse.

So on that note I hope all have a good evening

Quote didge:

"And all zack can off is just further abuse"

This is something you do too? lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:13 pm

So let me get this right.

The Israeli Government told these women it was a vaccine - they admit that

The Isaeli Government told them they could not travel of to Israel without it, even though their so called 'Right of Return' extends to ALL JEWS (even though they have never had anything to do with Israel - The Israeli Government admit that.

It was only done to Ethopian Jews - who are black - The Israeli Government admit that.

The long term effects of the drugs can effect the fertility of the women and give them bone problems - The Israeli Government admit that

But Dodgy Dick tries to pretend that this is something the women wanted,  quoting stuff that came out after Israel was found to be doing it, when they quickly stopped doing it because they knew they had been found out and then went into overdrive trying to make it look less awful than it was, and to get the simpletons to believe that.

If the Nazi's had had this injection during the war they would have done the same to Jews, and quite rightly Dodge would be saying how terrible it was, but because Israel has done it, he takes the opposite stance, being as normal, totally hypocrital where they are involved.

If this was done to women in this country the doctors and nurses involved would be up before the BMA and struck off.

He should be ashamed, but he will not be, because he will turn himself inside out to defend Israeli atrocities.  He repulses me.

What was done to those women was assault and a crime, and cannot be defended, so matter how much he wiggles and squggles.  Utterly shameful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next