NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Irish eyes were not blue before the Bronze Age

+3
Ben Reilly
nicko
eddie
7 posters

Go down

Why Irish eyes were not blue before the Bronze Age  Empty Why Irish eyes were not blue before the Bronze Age

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Piercing blue eyes and pale skin are one of the most distinguishing features of the Irish.But the Celtic complexion did not arrive in Ireland until the Bronze Age, around 4,000 years ago, scientists have discovered, when a rare genetic mutation spread quickly through the population.Until then, the Irish would have looked similar to southern Europeans, or people from the Middle East, with dark eyes, hair and complexion.A team of geneticists from Trinity College Dublin and archaeologists from Queen's University Belfast has sequenced the first genomes from ancient Irish people, to answer questions about the origins of Ireland's people and their culture.Opinion has been divided on whether the great transitions in the British Isles, from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle to one based on agriculture and later from stone to metal use, were due to local adoption of new ways or whether these influences were derived from influxes of new people.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12071772/Why-Irish-eyes-were-not-blue-before-the-Bronze-Age.html

Back to top Go down

Why Irish eyes were not blue before the Bronze Age  Empty Re: Why Irish eyes were not blue before the Bronze Age

Post by eddie Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:55 pm

Hmmmm perhaps it's me, but I have known and loved many Irish people (one in particular Irish guy oh boy he was hot!) over the years and they all had brown hair and brown eyes. scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Why Irish eyes were not blue before the Bronze Age  Empty Re: Why Irish eyes were not blue before the Bronze Age

Post by nicko Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:52 pm

I am half Irish and have bright blue eyes, [a bit bloodshot though]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:12 pm

nicko wrote:I am half Irish and have bright blue eyes,  [a bit bloodshot though]

I've got very blue eyes and I'm not Irish lol

I love a pair of brown eyes Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:14 pm

I have the piercing blue eyes of an ice dragon.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I have the piercing blue eyes of an ice dragon.

And cowboy boots the colour of mud Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:16 am

Eddie, i'l sort out my Contacts!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm not Irish and I have green eyes. Just thought I'd join in.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not Irish and I have green eyes. Just thought I'd join in.

we've noticed.... Razz
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:04 am

nicko wrote:Eddie, i'l sort out my Contacts!

Nicko, you always make me smile
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:11 am

6' 2" eyes of Blue

Irn Bru is the man for you.

I think that's quite good even if I say it myself Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:14 am

LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:18 am

Not saying what colour eyes I have but this is a very interesting read. Smile Thanks.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down