NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have an odd Christmas tradition?

5 posters

Go down

Do you have an odd Christmas tradition? Empty Do you have an odd Christmas tradition?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Mine stems from when I was a teenager -- I rented Blade Runner (that beloved holiday classic), popped it in and then realized I still had to wrap gifts, so I did so while watching the movie. Now I watch it while wrapping presents every Christmas season.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Do you have an odd Christmas tradition? Empty Re: Do you have an odd Christmas tradition?

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:23 pm

We just have a goose for Christmas. It's unusual in America. Here it's usually a turkey or a ham.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Do you have an odd Christmas tradition? Empty Re: Do you have an odd Christmas tradition?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:We just have a goose for Christmas.  It's unusual in America.  Here it's usually a turkey or a ham.

My brother always wanted goose for Christmas -- never got it, though Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:We just have a goose for Christmas.  It's unusual in America.  Here it's usually a turkey or a ham.

My brother always wanted goose for Christmas -- never got it, though Smile

Loads of fat. Hard to cook. You have to keep draining the fat off.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Roast chestnuts and a bottle of champagne....we always have to fit that in one night over Christmas.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Mine stems from when I was a teenager -- I rented Blade Runner (that beloved holiday classic), popped it in and then realized I still had to wrap gifts, so I did so while watching the movie. Now I watch it while wrapping presents every Christmas season.
Blade runner is one of the best movie`s ever Made
And Especially to watch at Christmas................................. "tears in the rain" classic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:10 am

Tomorrow is our 8th annual Xmas Eve open house for 30+people. It started as a way of officially entertaining Mr. C's colleagues when we moved here. Been making sausage rolls and sausage & cheese balls. There's a riot if I don't make them.

Every year mum makes the boys a tree ornament. This year she made senior's girlfriend and my new nephew their stockings (she has made all of ours. Ive lodged an official complaint every year as its not fair that I'm the oldest and mine is the smallest).

Also I started collecting nutcrackers - no idea why. I have one from my first Xmas in 1968 so I guess I thought he was lonely. This years one is a rodeo cowboy.

Tomorrow night I will make a challah loaf French toast breakfast casserole and a egg/sausage/cheese one to cook Xmas morning.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:23 am

Cass wrote:Tomorrow is our 8th annual Xmas Eve open house for 30+people. It started as a way of officially entertaining Mr. C's colleagues when we moved here. Been making sausage rolls and sausage & cheese balls. There's a riot if I don't make them.

Every year mum makes the boys a tree ornament. This year she made senior's girlfriend and my new nephew their stockings (she has made all of ours. Ive lodged an official complaint every year as its not fair that I'm the oldest and mine is the smallest).

Also I started collecting nutcrackers - no idea why. I have one from my first Xmas in 1968 so I guess I thought he was lonely. This years one is a rodeo cowboy.

Tomorrow night I will make a challah loaf French toast breakfast casserole and a egg/sausage/cheese one to cook Xmas morning.

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'd just sit around watching TV and drinking if it wasn't for stupid family and friends...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:24 am

korban dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Mine stems from when I was a teenager -- I rented Blade Runner (that beloved holiday classic), popped it in and then realized I still had to wrap gifts, so I did so while watching the movie. Now I watch it while wrapping presents every Christmas season.
And Especially to watch at Christmas................................. "tears in the rain" classic

Fantastic, especially the director's cut.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:39 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Fantastic, especially the director's cut.
The first DVD i ever bought Smile
And i still have my VHS copy Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:16 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:Tomorrow is our 8th annual Xmas Eve open house for 30+people. It started as a way of officially entertaining Mr. C's colleagues when we moved here. Been making sausage rolls and sausage & cheese balls. There's a riot if I don't make them.

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'd just sit around watching TV and drinking if it wasn't for stupid family and friends...

I plan on doing that too....after its all over. Currently have 3 bottles of good bubbly as well as 3 pinot grigios chilling. That is my dessert - the rest of them can have pie.

You're welcome to come - bring brisket.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down