NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends

Go down

Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends Empty Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:59 am

One Education Minister's speech was described as being like reading a 'telephone book' out loud in Parliament

Conservative MPs have blocked a bill to bring first aid training to schools by talking non-stop until time to discuss and vote on it ran out.

The Compulsory Emergency First Aid Education (State-Funded Secondary Schools) Bill would have required schools to teach first aid training to children as part of the national curriculum.

The group of MPs used up the bill’s time by talking for hours, with one speech by an education minister described by the deputy speaker as like reading a “telephone book” out loud.

Because the proposed law is not supported by the Government it only has a limited amount of time to be debated in Parliament, or has to be shelved.

It is backed by St John Ambulance, the British Red Cross, and the British Heart Foundation .

Tory MP Philip Davies, who is famous for “talking out” bills during Friday sessions of parliament, gave the longest speech of all, lasting around 50 minutes.

“The title gives away the principle of this bill: compulsory emergency first aid education in state-funded secondary schools. The point I am trying to make is that I do not agree with the principle of compulsory first aid education in schools. Why on earth would I allow a bill that principle of which I don’t like a second reading?” he said.

Mr Davies ultimately gave way before the end of the debate, with other MPs continuing to talk at length until time ran out. 
Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends Davies
Philip Davies came to the debate armed with pages and pages of notes for his speech

The debate ended without a vote while Conservative education minister Sam Gyimah continued to read a long list of subjects despite interventions by the deputy speaker asking him to stop.

The Bill was proposed by Labour MP Teresa Pearce but had cross party support, including from some Conservatives. During Mr Davies’ marathon speech fellow Tory MP Roger Gale urged him not to block the law.

“I’d like to think that given that this is a matter of life and death my honourable friend might just allow this to have a second reading and then allow it to be dissected in a committee stage,” Mr Gale said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-mps-block-bill-to-give-first-aid-training-to-children-by-talking-until-time-runs-out-a6742251.html

Damn the miserable bastards.  My grandaughter and I both have first aid training, she knew what to do when her friend got into difficulties after and accident, and both of us worked together to try and save my daughter until the paramedics arrived.  I hope those disgusting men have an accident and nobody knows how to help them.

Back to top Go down

Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends Empty Re: Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:11 am

since the cost would be minimal I cant undersand the logic behind this at all...It seems very small minded to say the least...

It is something I have been suggesting should replace RE for instance...

however ther ARE some difficulties to be overcome of course, that are going to be a bit uhm.....awkward to resolve....certain ...ethical problems
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends Empty Re: Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:19 am

Why?  My grandaughter did her Red Cross training with two Muslim girls and there were boys in the group.  You see problems where none exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:29 am

ahh but thats not "the real world" is it Sassy

in some areas it would be VERY inadviseable for especially a white boy to give first aid to a Muslim girl/woman, he would in all possibility be putting at least himself in danger....and YOU CANNOT deny that that is true, however much you would like it to be otherwise

just as when I FIRST did my mountain leadership regardless of who it was ..if you found a person on tge hills suffering exposure...you sent one of your group for aid ...you then STRIPPED the person of wet clothing put them in a DRY sleeping bag inside a waterproof bivvy bag or tent, then stripped yourself and GOT IN WITH THEM...using your body warmth to warm them and keep them alive....

EVEN IF you were a party of only 2 or 3...

meaning that the person keeping the recused person alive was ON THEIR OWN

not now you dont....not if you have one iota of sense...

you put em in the sleeping bag wet clothes and all...and hope thats enough while help comes....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:31 am

But how many of these children are going to be rescuing people up mountains.  More likely to be accidents in the home or car etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:41 am

sassy wrote:But how many of these children are going to be rescuing people up mountains.  More likely to be accidents in the home or car etc.

you miss the point, my comment about mountain rescue was merely there as a pointer to how society thinks acts and thus gets today....

the actual point was made before that....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:45 am

So, for instance I would NOT do the "getting into the sleeping bag with the naked victim" even at the peril of the victims life...I would do everything else I could and count that as my best. (that of course would NOT include family, and folks I trust)

just as ...I would do what I felt I could if I had to aid a Muslim woman....summon aid protect from further harn and such like ...but lay hands on her...NO WAY...

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:48 am

actually, you have set me thinking here...

given that the circumstances were that it was ANY unknown female...and there were no other witnesses.......

what has society wrought.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:49 am

Simple solution, put her in a sleeping bag, put the sleeping bag in another sleeping bag and get in that.  Quite, if it saved her life I very much doubt she'd give a toss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:57 am

sassy wrote:Simple solution, put her in a sleeping bag, put the sleeping bag in another sleeping bag and get in that.  Quite, if it saved her life I very much doubt she'd give a toss.

Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464 Tory MPs block bill to give first aid training to children by talking non-stop until debate ends 3489511464

you obvioulsy dont know how good insulators mountain sleeping bags are

I can sleep OUTSIDE in wet snow or whatever at -20 deg c and survive in mine....

so by way of explanation ..it aint gonna work ...is it...the heat loss from me to her would be sod all....

the whole point is close body contact...the idea is that you are fit, healthy and have reserves left...(and hopefully warm drinks, high sugar foods etc) so you can afford to risk freezing your bits of giving them YOUR body heat

and some bastard will make an accusation....thats inevitable...and judging by what I see in here there are plenty that will say..."oh well, you know, theres no smoke without fire" that fuzzy faced old bugger cant be getting much these days...." etc etc etc....

nope...not gonna do it....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down