NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Muslims can’t wait for the next bomb before we speak out

Go down

We Muslims can’t wait for the next bomb before we speak out Empty We Muslims can’t wait for the next bomb before we speak out

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:47 pm

Many will cry out: “this is not my problem.” But it is. And to deny that is to be dishonest both to your country and to your faith. t’s a sinking feeling. But post Charlie Hebdo, every time there is an attack or bomb in Europe, the first thought through my mind is: “I hope it’s nothing to do with Muslims.” Unfortunately it usually is. And while much of it is shocking, it’s not very surprising.

As soon as the words “Islamic terrorism” are linked to an event, it’s not long before the whole debate about Muslims in the West begins all over again. The reality is that the West has been part of the Islamic world for centuries. So an Islam versus the West ideology represents not only a false distinction but also a toxic distinction. If we want to make this distinction meaningless, to show that coexistence can be peaceful, Muslims must be visionary, not isolationist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/12006370/We-Muslims-cant-wait-for-the-next-bomb-before-wespeak-out.html

Another very good and honest article
Again the important part:

This dilemma cannot be resolved by politicians and policies; they have tried and failed. If anything the fact that we hear multiple terrorist plots have been foiled is not a sign of success but rather shows that the problem of violence is growing. Many will turn to their imams for guidance and many will cry out: “This is not my problem.” But it is. And to deny that is to be dishonest both to your country and to your faith. We cannot wait for the next bomb before we speak out.

Mona Siddiqui is Professor of Islamic and Interreligious Studies at Edinburgh University

Back to top Go down