NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Letter To Republican Presidential Candidates

Go down

Open Letter To Republican Presidential Candidates Empty Open Letter To Republican Presidential Candidates

Post by Lurker Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:29 am

From Facebook:

Elie Fried Stowe: "To the Governors, members of Congress, and candidates for the Presidency of the United States: Those of you demanding deportation of migrant families, those of you refusing to help refugees, and those of you dragging your feet to help our veterans are cruel, xenophobic, and probably racist. You are the worst kind of hypocrite. The refugees you want to keep out are victims of a terrorist group that we are directly responsible for having created. The migrants you want to deport are our neighbors, benefitting this country in countless ways, with successful members throughout our society. You lay wreaths at Arlington, yet let tens of thousands of veterans go without care and housing, all while giving money to corporations that do everything they can to avoid being contributing members of our society. You scream from your pulpits that a fetus is deserving of a full, healthy, and meaningful life, yet somehow are silent when faced with families and children who are starving, homeless, and terrified. It is appalling that you call yourselves followers of any of our great religions, as you have clearly rejected the messages of loving your neighbor, doing unto others as you would have done to yourself, and caring for the poor, the sick and the broken. That candidates for the Presidency can propose marking non-Christians and starting internment camps, and are not laughed into oblivion, only shows how far your sickness has spread. You have clearly allowed darkness to consume you and I am ashamed that you are in, or are seeking to hold Office. You are not the best of us and, ironically, I am far more afraid of you and your cruelty than I ever will be of any migrant or refugee. While I forgive you, I will work tirelessly against you. For I not only believe in the goodness of this great nation, I believe in the goodness of people, no matter where they come from. I wish you did, too."
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down