NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9-Year-Old Faces Sexual Harassment Charges for Love Note

4 posters

Go down

9-Year-Old Faces Sexual Harassment Charges for Love Note Empty 9-Year-Old Faces Sexual Harassment Charges for Love Note

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:56 pm

ABC News wrote:Lisa Johnson Mandell
November 13, 2015
A 9-year-old boy has been disciplined by the school principal and threatened with legal action for writing an “unwanted” love note to a classmate, according to the boy’s mother.

The note in question appears to be innocent, containing words like “I like you” written inside a heart, and “I like your eyes because they sparkle like diamonds.”

The mother, of Tampa, Fla., who has asked not to be identified in an effort to protect her son, told WPTV that a principal in the Hillsborough County Public School District informed her the school would file “sexual harassment charges” against the boy if he writes another note. “What little kid doesn’t write love notes?” his mother asked.

ABC Action News reported that a district administrator said the boy had written more than one note, and that the notes were “unwanted,” and therefore border on sexual harassment. The district has a policy discouraging students from passing notes because they can be disruptive in a classroom.

Kristi Davisson, a Tampa attorney with children in the Hillsborough School District, tells Yahoo Parenting, “I’m disappointed that the authorities chose to take such a heavy handed approach, if, in fact, they did. I’d be surprised if any law enforcement officer or prosecutor’s office would take legal action.”

But some of the other students reportedly escalated the situation by taunting the boy and saying that he wanted to see the girl naked, and it was at that point that the principal stepped in.

“The district has had a huge push to stop bullying,” says Davisson. “Now they may have allowed this child to become a victim of it.”

Davisson believes that if the district pursues legal action, the boy and his family just might have grounds for a countersuit. “But if [these reports are] all true, everything has reached the point of absurdity,” she says.

Meanwhile, the mother told WPTV that her son doesn’t understand what he did wrong. “My 9-year-old doesn’t even know what sexual harassment means,” she said.

Is this taking PC too far? The authorities might have made an issue of the kids that were harassing the boy, and indirectly the girl, but it appears they simply took the easy way out and picked on the 9-year old boy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

9-Year-Old Faces Sexual Harassment Charges for Love Note Empty Re: 9-Year-Old Faces Sexual Harassment Charges for Love Note

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:33 pm

only in america.... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

9-Year-Old Faces Sexual Harassment Charges for Love Note Empty Re: 9-Year-Old Faces Sexual Harassment Charges for Love Note

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:58 pm

American south...let me remind you. Rolling Eyes

This is what conservatives are all about. I'd advise you to switch. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:American south...let me remind you. Rolling Eyes

This is what conservatives are all about.  I'd advise you to switch. Razz

Actually, this story is grade-A butt-steak Florida idiocy Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:American south...let me remind you. Rolling Eyes

This is what conservatives are all about.  I'd advise you to switch. Razz

Actually, this story is grade-A butt-steak Florida idiocy Smile

I don't disagree. You know my thinking about the Florida, Georgia, South Carolina trilogy. It's the heart of that southern Baptist confusion of moral thinking.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Talk about using a bulldozer to crack a peanut. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:05 pm

I hate to point it out to you quill but south or not...they are still part of YOUR country.....and therfore, in as much as "we" are responsible for what our country does so "you" are responsible for this and their kind of special madness
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:24 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I hate to point it out to you quill but south or not...they are still part of YOUR country.....and therfore, in as much as "we" are responsible for what our country does so "you" are responsible for this and their kind of special madness

We're not talking about that right now.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:26 pm

playing dodge are we quill...

the point is relevant here and elsewhere....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:29 pm

No, it's just that when you dip in and out of two different conversations, you run the risk of confusing the topics and misunderstanding the points.

We were talking about regional character.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:34 pm

BUT...quill.....you claim to be one nation ...under god (ok the second part is irrelevant but needed for context)

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:30 pm

Meh...different topic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:37 pm

meh...you cant answer.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down