NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman gives birth in the back of a taxi and gets hit with 'fouling charge' bill

3 posters

Go down

Woman gives birth in the back of a taxi and gets hit with 'fouling charge' bill Empty Woman gives birth in the back of a taxi and gets hit with 'fouling charge' bill

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:34 pm

After the birth, the family went by ambulance to University College Hospital in central London Dan Kitwood/Getty Images A mother gave birth in the back of a taxi then was subsequently charged a £100 ‘fouling charge’. According to ITV, Karolina Dabrowska and her partner Matthew Errington called an Addison Lee taxi after Ms Dabrowska went into labour at their home in Peckham, south east London.

However when en route to University College Hospital in central London, Ms Dabrowska’s waters broke and the taxi driver pulled over by the Aldwych One hotel by Covent Garden.
A guest staying at the hotel happened to be a doctor and assisted Mr Errington after a birthing complication. Mr Errington dialled for an ambulance and baby Sebastian was born on October 25 at 12.30am. However, the relief was short-lived as the taxi driver then asked Mr Errington for a cleaning up fee during the emotional ordeal.

Mr Errington said: “My baby came out with his cord wrapped around his neck and at that point the taxi driver starts asking for money.” “I said my son’s not breathing leave me alone. The doctor came out and saved my son’s life. Everybody was so helpful, however the taxi driver was saying, ‘How am I going to get my taxi clean?’”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/woman-gives-birth-in-the-back-of-a-taxi-and-gets-hit-with-fouling-charge-bill-a6731926.html

Back to top Go down

Woman gives birth in the back of a taxi and gets hit with 'fouling charge' bill Empty Re: Woman gives birth in the back of a taxi and gets hit with 'fouling charge' bill

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Well someone has to clean it don't they? The driver shouldn't have to pay for that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Woman gives birth in the back of a taxi and gets hit with 'fouling charge' bill Empty Re: Woman gives birth in the back of a taxi and gets hit with 'fouling charge' bill

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Yes indeed, but he could have taken details to then ask later, the timing was really poor Rags and reminds me of a far worse and insensitive situation that happened to my brother and his wife.

I understand he needs it cleaned, but asking while the baby is in distress, not breathing is really being a poor to say the least placing the car over the childs life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Didge wrote:Yes indeed, but he could have taken details to then ask later, the timing was really poor Rags and reminds me of a far worse and insensitive situation that happened to my brother and his wife.

I understand he needs it cleaned, but asking while the baby is in distress, not breathing is really being a poor to say the least placing the car over the childs life.

Yes, the timing was off, but the request itself was reasonable IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:52 pm

The request is fine to ask after the baby is fine.
The taxi picked them up from their home, so its not that he did not have their contact details, including their name and phone to later send them a bill. I have to say, the taxi driver was very inconsiderate here and yes I understand he is going to be out of pocket to clean the car and inconvience him, but like I say. He could have posted a bill through their door with an actual invoice to the costs.

There is no way he can make up a sum like that without getting some quotes on the scene, which he would have to present them with anyway, if it ended up going to court if they refused to pay.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Stormee wrote:IMHO the timing was not right but if it were my cab I would want it cleaned properly and reimbursed for loss of earnings.

Mind you, the paki taxi drivers around here would not notice the mess in their cabs.

Now, London taxi drivers keep their cabs clean and smelling nice.

Hooray for the London cabbies.

I think you mean Pakistani taxi drivers Stormee. Ben will be on your case now. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Yes Stormee, I have alrady been warned about about using That word.
If you can call a Scot Jock, a Welsh man Taffy, an Irish man Paddy, why can't you call a man from Packistan a P...I.?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:23 am

Well of course it is, that was obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down