NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habemus Papam

4 posters

Go down

Habemus Papam Empty Habemus Papam

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 pm

(We have a pope.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/on-day-2-of-papal-conclave-alliances-should-take-shape/2013/03/13/5d88b616-8bba-11e2-9838-d62f083ba93f_story.html

Though I'm no longer a believer of any stripe, I look forward to seeing what Pope Francis I does, because he has a reputation for deep concern for the poor.

Meanwhile, any word on a new Antipope?

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Habemus Papam Empty Re: Habemus Papam

Post by Lurker Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Well, I know very little about the Catholic religion, but I wish him well. I understand he is a Jesuit and Jesuits are generally well-educated. I was brainwashed a Baptist in my childhood. Baptists didn't like Catholics. I deprogrammed myself years ago. I have no problem with religion or non-religion. Just leave me out of all of it. Wink
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:34 pm

I hear you! I've decided I'm far less concerned with what people believe in than what they do with those beliefs. If you believe in God and that causes you to be loving and helpful, I'm all for it; I'm far more concerned with the people whose beliefs make them want to explode things.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caution Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:42 am

Heh, my avatar is sort of fitting at the moment :-)

The media sure got to work quickly on the new pope.
Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Post by zephan Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:45 am

It was pretty interesting last night here in Germany. I turned on the TV to watch the news and they were showing live feed from outside the Vatican. About 10 minutes after the news was suppose to start, the news commentator came on and basically said "There's been white smoke from the Sistine Chapel, we're going back to our commentators in Rome." They finished the news sometime after the Pope came out to see the crowd.

My wife is Catholic, and so her and her family were naturally really excited about the new Pope.
zephan
zephan
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum