NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking

3 posters

Go down

4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking Empty 4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking

Post by eddie Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:56 am

4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking

A 4-year-old little girl went to school one day and got hit in the face with a rock.  She was so badly hurt that her mom had to take her to the emergency room for stitches.  Traumatized both physically and emotionally, they went to check in when they arrived at the hospital.  Standing there with a swollen eye, bruised and clearly hurting, the man behind the desk looked at this 4-year-old and said, “I bet he likes you.”
Somehow I think this man believed that he was being of comfort to this child; somewhere in his life he had learned or come up with the equation, that a girl being hit hard enough in the face to require stitches, meant that the perpetrator “liked” her.  It is truly horrifying that an injured, impressionable young girl would ever receive such a terrible message.
The fact that any adult would tell a child that being hurt by someone was a sign of affection is just so disturbing.  We all know that kids hit each other when they are young, and part of our job as adults is to teach them that hitting is not an acceptable way of expressing their emotions.  It should never be tolerated or rationalized.  Her mom, who was outraged by the man’s comment wrote the following:

4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking Image34

This was posted on Facebook, and really says it all. “I bet he likes you” are not words of comfort at any age. Would he actually say those words if a young woman came in battered and needing stitches? Is it ever okay for a girl or woman to rationalize abuse as being a sign of affection? The answer is a clear NO. The same answer applies to boys and men. In the video below watch the responses of little boys when they are asked questions about aggression towards girls.
Read more at http://www.sun-gazing.com/4-year-old-girl-hit-boy-school-mom-responds-facebook-everyone-talking/#zm5jWdCsDh6YKjl4.99

The comments under the article are interesting and diverse - which one do you agree with?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking Empty Re: 4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:56 pm

I get the analogy.  But it is imposing an adult script in a world of children.  These are kids, working out confusing things.  Mistakes happen--that's what childhood is for; what is important is how you correct them.

You shouldn't try to deliberately misread the words of an innocent bystander.  He was just saying that the hurt comes from a world of learning...and while you are learning, bad stuff happens.  Its not that he hates you; in fact he likes you!  The words are meant to say: 'You are not forever condemned...it was a confusion.'  Confusion happens when you are learning.

Personally, I think the facebook poster was unlearning an important lesson.  The man behind the desk was the real teacher.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking Empty Re: 4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Perhaps he meant - I bet he likes you really. FFS, is there nothing people won't get up in arms about, and is there no end to their ridiculous attention seeking? This woman is behaving like a twat, and will probably do more damage to her daughter than a throwaway remark. I doubt the kid will even remember it later on.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Perhaps he meant - I bet he likes you really. FFS, is there nothing people won't get up in arms about, and is there no end to their ridiculous attention seeking? This woman is behaving like a twat, and will probably do more damage to her daughter than a throwaway remark. I doubt the kid will even remember it later on.
+1 have a alien

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:31 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Perhaps he meant - I bet he likes you really. FFS, is there nothing people won't get up in arms about, and is there no end to their ridiculous attention seeking? This woman is behaving like a twat, and will probably do more damage to her daughter than a throwaway remark. I doubt the kid will even remember it later on.
+1 have a alien

Thank you.

The guy was probably just trying to make the kid feel a bit better or something. Stupid woman.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:37 pm

eddie wrote:4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking

A 4-year-old little girl went to school one day and got hit in the face with a rock.  She was so badly hurt that her mom had to take her to the emergency room for stitches.  Traumatized both physically and emotionally, they went to check in when they arrived at the hospital.  Standing there with a swollen eye, bruised and clearly hurting, the man behind the desk looked at this 4-year-old and said, “I bet he likes you.”
Somehow I think this man believed that he was being of comfort to this child; somewhere in his life he had learned or come up with the equation, that a girl being hit hard enough in the face to require stitches, meant that the perpetrator “liked” her.  It is truly horrifying that an injured, impressionable young girl would ever receive such a terrible message.
The fact that any adult would tell a child that being hurt by someone was a sign of affection is just so disturbing.  We all know that kids hit each other when they are young, and part of our job as adults is to teach them that hitting is not an acceptable way of expressing their emotions.  It should never be tolerated or rationalized.  Her mom, who was outraged by the man’s comment wrote the following:

4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking Image34

This was posted on Facebook, and really says it all.  “I bet he likes you” are not words of comfort at any age.  Would he actually say those words if a young woman came in battered and needing stitches?  Is it ever okay for a girl or woman to rationalize abuse as being a sign of affection?  The answer is a clear NO.  The same answer applies to boys and men. In the video below watch the responses of little boys when they are asked questions about aggression towards girls.
Read more at http://www.sun-gazing.com/4-year-old-girl-hit-boy-school-mom-responds-facebook-everyone-talking/#zm5jWdCsDh6YKjl4.99

The comments under the article are interesting and diverse - which one do you agree with?

Absolutely with the mother Eddie, this wasn't a playful punch on the arm or push, this was being hit in the face with a rock.

4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking Sdf2f32f32323f2f32f322f32323f-400x250

So let's imprint on her little fledgling mind that when a boy hurts you it's because he like you.

What is it the Jesuits say, give me a child for their first seven years and I'll give you the man?

Things you learn in your childhood stay in your sub conscious and I'd be bloody furious if someone had tried to tell one of my daughters that being hit and hurt was because of being liked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:42 pm

There's no indication of whether the other kid deliberately smacked her with a rock though is there?

The man at the registration desk isn't responsible for this kid's mental health and attitudes as she grows up. If one small remark made by a well-meaning person is enough to turn this kid into some kind of "abused victim", her mother needs to have a word with herself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Right well here's what I thought when I first saw it:

He's old school; it's a sarcastic throwaway remark that people say to eachother. The child probably wasn't even listening and really and truly, had it not been for her mother, wouldn't even remember it.

I don't think it will cause lasting damage.
I think the actions of her over-wrought mother, just might.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:03 pm

I think you are right...it was a throw-away line, aimed at making the little lass feel better that she is not disliked.

As far as the lad is concerned, I trust appropriate punishment was promptly administered, if needed, and that is another matter.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:26 pm

over fathers knee and tan his arse.....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:59 pm

It's a saying in the UK Quill "I bet he likes you" meaning the opposite
It's like the saying "you should've seen the other guy!" when someone is obviously badly beaten etc
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:12 pm

I feel sorry for this guy. That woman is out of order trying to show him up in that manner. I hope he goes on Facebook and tells her to go and fuck herself. 4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking 2984306523
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I feel sorry for this guy. That woman is out of order trying to show him up in that manner. I hope he goes on Facebook and tells her to go and fuck herself. 4 Year Old Girl Was Hit By A Boy At School. How The Mom Responds On Facebook? Has Everyone Talking 2984306523

This is the problem with is social media; it's given a platform for an awful lot of idiots to have their say.
It's a lot of fuss other a scoreless and albeit stupid, throwaway remark.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Stupid woman.
Never said a word at the time but plastered her inanities all over Facebook Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Nems wrote:Stupid woman.
Never said a word at the time but plastered her inanities all over Facebook Rolling Eyes

I wonder if she tells shop assistants that it's their job to teach her kid how to count money.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:Stupid woman.

I wonder if she tells shop assistants that it's their job to teach her kid how to count money.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:19 pm

Oh, and look how she's splashed a photo of the kid all over the internet. I simply can't stand people like her who think they're the bee's knees. She's the one bullying this poor bloke who was probably just trying to cheer the kid up.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down