NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon Shooting: US Gun Deaths Compared To UK And Those Killed By Terrorism

+2
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Oregon Shooting: US Gun Deaths Compared To UK And Those Killed By Terrorism - Page 2 Empty Oregon Shooting: US Gun Deaths Compared To UK And Those Killed By Terrorism

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Thursday saw yet another mass shooting bring death, carnage and frustrated misery to the US as nine people were killed by a gunman on a college campus. Chris Harper-Mercer was carrying four guns when he opened fire on the grounds of Umpqua Community College before being shot dead himself by police.

Oregon Shooting: US Gun Deaths Compared To UK And Those Killed By Terrorism - Page 2 O-GUN-DEATHS-570

A clearly exasperated Barack Obama once again addressed the nation to urge for tighter gun controls - something vigorously opposed by many in the US. While the debate continues, this chart lays bare the stark reality of the numbers of US citizens killed on US soil by guns compared to terrorism related deaths and gun deaths in the UK. Despite the disparity, the US continues to spend billions of dollars every year on counter-terrorism ($16bn in 2012) while the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) submitted a request for £1.2bn for 2016.

Obama expressed frustration that it was necessary for him to frequently console victims' families and that he was again calling for new gun control regulations."Somehow this has become routine," Obama said from the White House. "We've become numb to this. "We should politicise it," he said. "As I said each time we see one of these mass shooting, our thoughts and prayers are not enough. … It does not capture the heartache and grief and anger that we should feel."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/02/oregon-shooting-us-gun-deaths-uk_n_8232148.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Back to top Go down

Oregon Shooting: US Gun Deaths Compared To UK And Those Killed By Terrorism - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon Shooting: US Gun Deaths Compared To UK And Those Killed By Terrorism

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Of course it's racist Rags. What, I just happen to be Indian.

When Didge gets pissed, his bigotry (probably from his days as a football hooligan) does come out. ;-)

It makes a mockery of all his hectoring and badgering about racism. I always knew that he's not being genuine about that anyway.

He's always done it, then tried to pretend otherwise.  It's laughable really.

Back to top Go down

Oregon Shooting: US Gun Deaths Compared To UK And Those Killed By Terrorism - Page 2 Empty Re: Oregon Shooting: US Gun Deaths Compared To UK And Those Killed By Terrorism

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:22 am

Oh dear its the lets bitch time ha ha ha

Okay lets see how bright they are.

How is calling Zack, Mowgli, a cartoon character racist?
Is it racist to call Victor, Elmer Fudd as I have done so also?

Seriously anything to derail the threads which is why I am sitting back laughing as its just satire.

But lets see what deranged claims they will come up with to back how they believe its racist

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 am

I made that name up for victor!

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:53 am

Cuchulain wrote:Oh dear its the lets bitch time ha ha ha

Seriously anything to derail the threads which is why I am sitting back laughing as its just satire.

But lets see what deranged claims they will come up with to back how they believe its racist

It's racist if it's perceived as racist by Zack or anyone else reading it. It's hate speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:53 am

The purchase of firearms is largely unregulated in the US and it is unlikely that Congress will act to change this any time soon. President Obama has tried and failed to introduce stricter gun control before; but the fundamental obstacle remains what it has always been. The right to bear arms is protected by the Constitution, which is very difficult to amend.

The contrast with Britain could not be more marked. Britain has few guns and gun control is strict; yet the legal position was once the same in Britain as it is in the US.

From the ninth century, medieval England was a monarchy and a comparatively centralised state. It was also a society that was organised for war, yet the Crown had no standing army or navy. Defence was largely a matter for local militias, but the Crown had various powers to summon men to assist in defence and, from Norman times, to assist in the invasion of France. Sometimes, the king tried to insist that all able-bodied men had the duty to serve, at other times he called on the landowners to assist him. At all times, it is clear that the men who were summoned to fight were expected to provide and bring suitable weapons with them, according to their ‘station’ in life. In other words, there was an obligation to bear arms, rather than a right.

http://www.historytoday.com/stephen-cooper/gun-control-right-bear-arms

Very interesting and lots to read.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:54 am

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Oh dear its the lets bitch time ha ha ha

It's racist if it's perceived as racist by Zack or anyone else reading it. It's hate speech.

Really so its hate speech and racism to call Victor then Elmner fudd?

Again show how its racist?

You wally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:57 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

You wally

It's racist if it's perceived to be racist by the victim or another witnessing it.

Surprised you don't know that Mr pretendy pc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:59 am

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You wally

It's racist if it's perceived to be racist by the victim or another witnessing it.

Surprised you don't know that Mr pretendy pc.

Gibberish lol

Again show how it is racist?

How is the cartoon of Mowgli in anyway racist to take the mick calling Zack this.

Is Mowgli in anyway deformed? Ignorant?
No lol so how is it racist?

Again by your delusional belief that would make calling Victor, then Elmer fudd racist and hate speech.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Well, guess Dodge won't mind being called the Mafioso Wop then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Pretending that the reason is anything but racial is very silly.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:07 pm

I find that quite funny actually Stassi, but as I am neither Italian, its a tad of a daft thing to call me, as my ethnicity is Sicillian/Maltese - Irish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:09 pm

You have never heard of the Scilian Mafia?  And Wop is another term for Irish, so Mr Mafioso Wop known for his Paddies, that's your new name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:11 pm

sassy wrote:You have never heard of the Scilian Mafia?  And Wop is another term for Irish, so Mr Mafioso Wop known for his Paddies, that's your new name.

I have heard of the mafia lol, but wop refers to a slur of Italians.
Sicillians are not Italians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wop

You can call me what you like Stassi but nothing you can invent will be as inovative as Stassi

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:12 pm

which just goes to show that foks dont understand the concept of racism

a "caricature" especially one which is NOT derogatory,and especially one which is generally percieved to be positive (as in the case of mowgli) is NOT and cannot be percieved as racist. Unless of course the recipient is playing the "its cos I is black" race victim card.

I mean...you show me where the character of mowgli is in anyway negative.....???????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:14 pm

victorismyhero wrote:which just goes to show that foks dont understand the concept of racism

a "caricature" especially one which is NOT derogatory,and especially one which is generally percieved to be positive (as in the case of mowgli)    is NOT  and cannot be percieved as racist. Unless of course the recipient is playing the "its cos I is black" race victim card.

I mean...you show me where the character of mowgli is in anyway negative.....???????

Thank you Victor..

Which is my point how is it negative?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:15 pm

More to the point...how can it be "hate speech" where no hatred is being incited ...anyone...please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:15 pm

too many "barack room "lawyers .....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:16 pm

besides...didge is "the mad mick" Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Irish/Italian, Mick and Wop, play on common Irish last names and Scilily is part of Italy. 
it constitutes an autonomous region of Italy officially referred to as Regione Sicilia. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicily)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:17 pm

yers...but would you tell a scotsman he's english????

oh and btw...the sicillian mafia are distinct from, and often at war with the italian mafia.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:17 pm

victorismyhero wrote:which just goes to show that foks dont understand the concept of racism

a "caricature" especially one which is NOT derogatory,and especially one which is generally percieved to be positive (as in the case of mowgli)    is NOT  and cannot be percieved as racist. Unless of course the recipient is playing the "its cos I is black" race victim card.

Why refer to someone and give them a nickname based on their colour then? Don't pretend that Didge has another reason.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:19 pm

victorismyhero wrote:besides...didge is "the mad mick" Razz

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:19 pm

or more to the point...try telling a basque he's spanish......see how long you keep your limbs attached ......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 pm

victorismyhero wrote:yers...but would you tell a scotsman he's english????

oh and btw...the sicillian mafia are distinct from, and often at war with the italian mafia.....

Sicillians have their own language also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:21 pm

victorismyhero wrote:or more to the point...try telling a basque he's spanish......see how long you keep your limbs attached ......

Oh you can't say that, the Micky Mafia doesn't allow people to fight for their land, he's happy if they are killed doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:21 pm

victorismyhero wrote:or more to the point...try telling a basque he's spanish......see how long you keep your limbs attached ......

Indeed Victor

Anyway it was just Rags trying to derail the thread, clearly she was not getting enough attention, bless her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Why refer to someone and give them a nickname based on their colour then? Don't pretend that Didge has another reason.

why wouldnt you...I mean thats the point of "caracature"...it is supposed to carry some resemblance....

calling zack "Fionn mac Cumhaill" aint a caracature is is.....not only does it bear NO relationship to his person, but its not even a suitable character...

you are just full of little red ants....

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Doesn't have to be negative or positive.  It's a comment about my race.

So Mowgli being Indian is just coincidental then?

Race?
Does not exist biologically.
You are of Indian ethnicity, but its funny how you are trying pooly to play the racism card off a cartoon.

Grow some backbone you wally ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:26 pm

This is hilarious.

Poor Mowgli

Seriously can anyone say what is wrong with the character Mowgli?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:

and comment about race is allowed....

its only racism if its negative, derogatory or designed to incite hatred....

I mean ...I suppose i could call you Ghandi......but that would be a poor "caracature" ....since you posess none of that great mans traits..... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:29 pm

he calls me "elmer fudd" elmer is white ...does that make THAT racist too?

if not why not
if so...why so???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:30 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

I mean ...I suppose i could call you Ghandi......but that would be a poor "caracature" ....since you posess none of that great mans traits..... Rolling Eyes

You really need to read the law on racism, because you are quite wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:31 pm

victorismyhero wrote:he calls me "elmer fudd"   elmer is white ...does that make THAT racist too?

if not why not
if so...why so???

He doesn't call you that because he's white though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:31 pm

victorismyhero wrote:he calls me "elmer fudd"   elmer is white ...does that make THAT racist too?

if not why not
if so...why so???

Exactly, but they have no response to that.

Anyhow its just very funny this is now the topic of debate and do you why?

Zack jumped in calling Nicko a simpleton when it was Zack who was in error and ended up with egg on his face.

Anything to deflect from his error lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

if not why not
if so...why so???

Exactly, but they have no response to that.

Anyhow its just very funny this is now the topic of debate and do you why?

Zack jumped in calling Nicko a simpleton when it was Zack who was in error and ended up with egg on his face.

Anything to deflect from his error lol

Not true. I have no problem with nicko, so why would I want to deflect from that?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Something is a racist or religious hate incident if the victim or anyone else thinks it was carried out because of hostility or prejudice based on race or religion.

This means that if you believe something is a hate incident, it should be recorded as such by the person you are reporting it to.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/discrimination/hate-crime/racist-and-religious-hate-crime/

And just because Dodge has pulled the wool over your eyes Victor, doesn't make the rest of us blind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:33 pm

What?

Never laughed so much in all my life which shows zack is talking out of his Mowgli little arse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

Why Ghandi?  Why not Churchill? Is it coz I'm not white?

I think that inadventently proved the point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:34 pm

sassy wrote:Something is a racist or religious hate incident if the victim or anyone else thinks it was carried out because of hostility or prejudice based on race or religion.

This means that if you believe something is a hate incident, it should be recorded as such by the person you are reporting it to.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/discrimination/hate-crime/racist-and-religious-hate-crime/

And just because Dodge has pulled the wool over your eyes Victor, doesn't make the rest of us blind.

So by your belief you would be racist also then?

Hilarious

Zack does not give a flying over the name and is just as per usual throwing his dummy out

If he wishes to contact the Police, he has my blessing to report this as a hate crime, of which I am sure they would roll around with laughter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

if not why not
if so...why so???

No you simpleton...he uses that becasue he is making a caricature that fits my person.....which includes my ethnicity and my penchant for hunting wabbits....

a caricature is no use if it doesnt to a degree match the person it is aimed at..... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:40 pm

sassy wrote:Something is a racist or religious hate incident if the victim or anyone else thinks it was carried out because of hostility or prejudice based on race or religion.

Idiot....thats only for the repoting of, in which case the circumstances will be investigated tio see if there was indeed any racist intent....

it does NOT make an incident "racist"...that can ONLY be decided by a court of law...which may well take a different view...

just becasue you read a lwaw..doesnt mean you UNDERSTAND IT....

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:42 pm

One of my good mates is Indian and his name is manny... it's been a long standing joke that when he tells a story he likes to embellish It somewhat... a bit of truth and a bit of bullshit... we called him propaganda manny or propaganda man etc... now we just call him PROPAGHANDI!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

No you simpleton...he uses that becasue he is making a caricature that fits my person.....which includes my ethnicity and my penchant for hunting wabbits....

a caricature is no use if it doesnt to a degree match the person it is aimed at..... Rolling Eyes

Who wrote the poem "The White Man's Burden"?

Who wrote the stories of "The Jungle Book"?

See the connection?

Kipling was unashamedly pro imperialist and racist. Regardless of his exceedingly good cakes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/letters/6616680/Rudyard-Kipling-was-a-genius-not-a-racist.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:43 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Didge is calling Zack a name based purely on his colour and ethnicity, not on his personality. Didge is not calling you anything based on your ethnicity.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

Why Ghandi?  Why not Churchill? Is it coz I'm not white?

no its cos you is not fat Rolling Eyes

cretin.......what you dont seem to see is that "caracture" requires a degree of acuracy...it must be "true " to the person it describes.....

If you find "mowgli" offensive...i would suggest that you are either over sensitive (awwww) or are just playing the "race victim card"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next