NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn

5 posters

Go down

Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Empty Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:22 pm

From this morning on Sky News.

Back to top Go down

Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Empty Re: Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Why is it appalling? Some comments would be nice.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Empty Re: Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn

Post by eddie Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:01 pm

Hmmmm.

Let's see.

Eamonn was a little dismissive and at times, quite rude I thought. He obviously supports Tories.

Corbyn, as usual, was a laid back hippy who "Hey men let's all be buddies!" but with no actual idea about how he was going to make everyone be buddies.

This is the problem with Corbyn: he has pipes of peace ideas without saying where he's getting the pipe from or how much it is.

I think he's smoked too much pipe too.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:03 pm

But!

Having said all of that, and having thought about this, perhaps a change is what we need.

Perhaps we need the pipes of peace.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:22 pm

eddie wrote:But!

Having said all of that, and having thought about this, perhaps a change is what we need.

Perhaps we need the pipes of peace.

change eh??

if becoming a soviet era communist state where everyone dresses in blue overalls and calls each other comrade is the change youre looking for then sure corbyn is the way to go.

no eddie, the world doesnt need another guilty white bleeding heart liberal, it needs a cold hearted villian

it doesnt need pipes of peace it needs the drums of war

we have had too many do gooders playing the peace pipes and look at how fucked the world has gotten, its way more fucked up than usual.

thankfully putin has decided that enough is enough and is going to syrian to bomb ISIS, watch in amazement as decisive military action sorts out a problem that impotent diplomacy started

they say the pen is mightier then the sword.................I say BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who do you really want watching over you as you sleep??

"the pipes of peace"

Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Corb10

or

"the drums of war"

Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Rambo10

Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Arnold10

Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736 Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736 Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736 Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736 Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736 Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736 Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736 Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736 Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn 3755771736

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:26 pm

"people can sleep safe in their beds knowing that rough, strong men will protect them" don't remember who said it, but it's true.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:53 pm

I do like a muscly man with his shirt off looking all grubby
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
eddie wrote:Hmmmm.

Let's see.

Eamonn was a little dismissive and at times, quite rude I thought. He obviously supports Tories.

Corbyn, as usual, was a laid back hippy who "Hey men let's all be buddies!" but with no actual idea about how he was going to make everyone be buddies.

This is the problem with Corbyn: he has pipes of peace ideas without saying where he's getting the pipe from or how much it is.

I'm surprised nobody's asked him the "have you inhaled?" question yet.

He probably had a toke before his speech.

they are saving that chestnut for the clown show leaders debate.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:11 pm

thats dirty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:58 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmmm.

Let's see.

On drugs??? Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Drug10 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:59 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:thats dirty

Eddie prefers "grubby" Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Angel_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:45 pm

Eamonn Holmes accused of patronising Jeremy Corbyn with 'inane' questions in awkward interview
Holmes repeatedly used football analogies to describe Mr Corbyn's leadership

Eamonn Holmes was accused of patronising Jeremy Corbyn by asking “inane” questions during a car-crash interview on Sky News.
The exchange between the presenter and Labour leader became increasingly uncomfortable to watch as Holmes asked a series of jarring questions that provoked angry responses on social media and prompted laughter from Mr Corbyn. 
Viewers claimed Holmes "lowered the tone" by using meandering football analogies to describe his leadership. He began the interview by asking Mr Corbyn: “It wasn’t such a good night for you last night, because I know you're an Arsenal supporter, but it was all going so well and then look at what happened last night. Every young lad has a dream of appearing in the FA cup final, and scoring the winning goal, and I was looking at you and the love there was for you in the room, and you were basking in it - was yesterday your FA cup final?”

Holmes then compared Mr Corbyn to a “religious leader” because of his wide appeal, before veering off into a meandering monologue about him being into “caring and respect”. 
He went on: “I would love to do that [be respectful and caring], but that doesn’t happen on TV, so…”, to which a clearly bemused Mr Corbyn interjected: “Why can’t it?”
Holmes's rambling response included the passage: “See, people might say your outlook is a bit hippy, like, you know, you sort of want to hug everybody…”
The Sky News presenter's questions were subsequently ridiculed on social media.

David Wheeler @woty99
@SkyNews what's is wrong with Eamon Holmes? Appalling interview, what is his trying to prove. Smug, rude and patronising!
7:41 AM - 30 Sep 2015

oanne Moorhouse @JoMoorhouse
Why does Eamon Holmes have to lower the tone by asking inane questions and continuing to dumb down British politics to football & image?
7:46 AM - 30 Sep 2015

Kevin Pascoe @KevinPascoe
The others on @SkyNews this morning trying to help Eamon Holmes to stop digging a hole for himself. You can't show your contempt do clearly.
7:50 AM - 30 Sep 2015

Marky L Wilson @dayofthecacti
News@sky.com Eamon Holmes you made yourself look stupid and I am NOT one of the people you just patronised.
7:53 AM - 30 Sep 2015

Andy Cowle @andycowle
@SkyNews @EamonHolmes still protesting too much about his clumsy interview with #JeremyCorbyn. A breakfast show host never a heavyweight Sad
7:56 AM - 30 Sep 2015

He insisted "caring and respect" couldn’t be executed during his interview because he would be accused of “sucking up” to him and then interrupted Mr Corbyn to ask a “nasty question” about his decision to use lines offered to previous leaders in his speech at the Labour party conference in Brighton on Tuesday. 
“The speech was over 5,000 words, 350 words were provided by a friend of mine," said Mr Corbyn. "I like the words that he used and the way he put them forward so I used them in my speech. Is thats much a bad thing? I quoted poets […] I quoted Maya Angelou.”

Holmes returned once again to the theme of caring and respect. “You don’t love and respect anybody," he told Mr Corbyn. "Why don’t you just admit you hate the Tories? I mean, you can’t talk about respect and love, you actually hate them!”
Mr Corbyn slowly replied: “No.”
Holmes later returned to football analogies, telling Mr Corbyn: “Look, let’s talk football. Your man's Arsene Wenger my man’s Alex Ferguson. Do you think they go into a dressing room and they say, 'listen boys, how are we going to line up tonight, what are we going to do tonight?' […] No they don’t. Fergie always said he had to make it clear, there was one boss. That’s not your way of doing things though.”  
Mr Corbyn responded: “My way of doing things - because it’s politics, it’s community, it’s people, it’s Government - is actually not the same as managing a football team, to which Holmes insisted: “Oh it so is - if you want to be a winner, do you want to be a winner?”

Smiling, Mr Corbyn tried to answer as Holmes repeatedly shouted, “do you want to win?”, before bursting into laughter and protesting: “Eamonn please! Of course I want to win, and of course Labour wants to win.”
Holmes concluded his interview by asking if someone had lent him the tie he wore for his speech, before explaining how the colour of a tie can signify a lot about a political leader.

Clearly amused, Mr Corbyn responded: “The tie came from a friend of mine, because someone on my team didn’t like the colour of the tie I was suggesting.”
The exchange finished with Holmes telling Mr Corbyn: “Stop trying to pick a fight with me. I’m trying to be respectful and caring I hope you felt it was a respectful and caring interview in a new era of politics, and a new era between you and I.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/eamonn-holmes-accused-of-patronising-jeremy-corbyn-with-inane-questions-in-awkward-interview-a6673061.html

He made Holmes look a total plonker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:51 pm

well one thing was certain

jeremy corbyn cant dress himself and apparently needs others to write his speeches for him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 pm

It was a 5000 word speech, 350 of it was from his friend, quoted because he liked the wording.  So when Cameron quotes Thatcher or Churchill etc he can't write his speeches either?  As for ties, the were used to hold shirts together before buttons were invented, they are obsolete.  I expect Cameron gets his valet to put his silk one on in the morning to mop up his dribbles when he goes past a butchers shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:04 pm

sassy wrote:It was a 5000 word speech, 350 of it was from his friend, quoted because he liked the wording.  So when Cameron quotes Thatcher or Churchill etc he can't write his speeches either?  As for ties, the were used to hold shirts together before buttons were invented, they are obsolete.  I expect Cameron gets his valet to put his silk one on in the morning to mop up his dribbles when he goes past a butchers shop.

Oh God did you really need to say that! Shocked Shocked
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:08 pm

sassy wrote:It was a 5000 word speech, 350 of it was from his friend, quoted because he liked the wording.  So when Cameron quotes Thatcher or Churchill etc he can't write his speeches either?  As for ties, the were used to hold shirts together before buttons were invented, they are obsolete.  I expect Cameron gets his valet to put his silk one on in the morning to mop up his dribbles when he goes past a butchers shop.

so it wasnt HIS speech then was it??

quoting a known source is different to getting the local tramp at your chip shop to write your speech for you

who was this "friend"?? his drug dealer??

as for ties?? corbyn is a two bit tramp, a rabble rouser with a megaphone best place for him is gobbinng off during some riot or student hippy demonstration over some irrelevant thing or other

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:44 pm

To be fair, Farage didn't wear ties either.
I don't mind that, it's kind of irrelevant as to whether they're a good MP or not.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:45 pm

feelthelove wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:thats dirty

Eddie prefers "grubby" Appalling Eamonn Holmes interview with Jeremy Corbyn Angel_13

No. Dirty is fine. Very very dirty is good. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:45 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

quoting a known source is different to getting the local tramp at your chip shop to write your speech for you

as for ties?? corbyn is a two bit tramp, a rabble rouser with a megaphone best place for him is gobbinng off during some riot or student hippy demonstration over some irrelevant thing or other  

My God, you are so stupid you think Cameron writes his speeches don't you!   lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:49 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

To be fair, Farage didn't wear ties either.
I don't mind that, it's kind of irrelevant as to whether they're a good MP or not.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 pm

sassy wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

My God, you are so stupid you think Cameron writes his speeches don't you!   lol! lol! lol!

Of course not

He has a professional speech writer.

Why on earth would he write his own speeches??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 pm

So they're not his speeches then by your book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Of course they are

He tells them what to say and they translate it into political double speak so he doesn't look a twat

Every professional public speaker has a proof reader and speech WRITER

Big difference between paying someone to put your words into political terms and ensure the grammar is correct and getting your stoner mates to help you COMPOSE the speech

Would you like me to explain to you how to wipe your nose while I'm busy teaching you the basics??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down