NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident

2 posters

Go down

Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident Empty Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Just 22% of Labour supporters, and only 18% of all voters, back Jeremy Corbyn's position on scrapping the Trident nuclear weapons system, polling for The Huffington Post UK carried out by Survation has revealed.

Ahead of a potentially fractious Labour Party conference in Brighton, the poll also reveals 24% think the new Labour leader is a threat to national security, a message that was hammered home by the Conservative Party in the aftermath of this election victory.

But it also found he was no less trusted with his finger over the nuclear button than would-be Labour and Conservative leaders.

And against speculation of a Labour leadership coup, the survey reveals David Miliband would be the clear favourite to replace Corbyn among both the public and Labour voters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/25/jeremy-corbyn-poll-trident-security-labour-conference_n_8195562.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident Empty Re: Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Great minds think alike FTL.xxx

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t11723-labour-party-conference-huffpost-poll-less-than-one-in-five-voters-back-scrapping-trident

Back to top Go down

Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident Empty Re: Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Great minds think alike FTL.xxx

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t11723-labour-party-conference-huffpost-poll-less-than-one-in-five-voters-back-scrapping-trident

Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident Oops_210 Sorry Didge, missed your post.  Funny no comments....... Laughing xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:08 pm

No need to apologise FTL, as I say great minds think alike.  Laughing

I think its becoming obvious to many Corben is not going to last a month at this rate lol.

Have a lovely evening FTL...xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:08 pm

The Tory media and the attck dogs are out in force. Anyone would think that there was a Labour Party conference aboout to start......

Oh wait - there is

lol!
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Lets be honest Irn, no attck dogs are needed.
Corben has ensured his claim to fame was being the shortest reigning opposition leader,
Seriously Irn, mate, commie as you are, why go down with a sinking ship?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Lets be honest Irn, no attck dogs are needed.
Corben has ensured his claim to fame was being the shortest reigning opposition leader,

Well we'll just have to wait and see won't we. I mean are you happy with the way our country has been run over the last few decades and how big business and the banks have shafted this nation. Are you?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:18 pm

And isn't it wonderful to watch idiots that simply cannot grasp what Corbyn is about, thinking that the poll is a problem.

For them that don't understand, this year the Conference is all about democracy, because of Corbyn.  He thinks we should scrap Trident, so do huge numbers of the people that voted for him, in fact with many, that's why they voted for him.  All subjects at the Conference are up for DISCUSSION, and will then be voted on.  JC isn't someone who hands down orders from above, he is about inclusion, something the Tories simply can't get their heads around because they are told how to think.

He also wants a free vote if ever Parliament votes for going to war and he thinks going to war is a matter on conscience, something else the Conservatives don't understand.

Then we have the offices in the HOC.  The official office for the Labour Leader is quite large, in fact JC has decided it's too large for one person, he is using a smaller office and has turned the official office into a meeting room, rather unlike all his predecessors.

He also makes the lowest claims for expenses ever, of all politicians.  He's not a grasping greedy Tory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:18 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Well we'll just have to wait and see won't we. I mean are you happy with the way our country has been run over the last few decades and how big business and the banks have shafted this nation. Are you?

Oh so your attempt to rationalize the situation is with hope.
What is this hope you have irn?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Not hope. Just sensible debate because that is what will define what kind of society we want to live in.

I mean having a pig-shagging prime minister and a coke-sniffing chancellor hardly makes them role models that we would want to follow - surely not Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Not hope. Just sensible debate because that is what will define what kind of society we want to live in.

I mean having a pig-shagging prime minister and a coke-sniffing chancellor hardly makes them role models that we would want to follow - surely not Laughing

I am happy to have apig shaving PM, it means your views Irn get thrown in the garbage where they belong

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:31 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I am happy to have apig shaving PM, it means your views Irn get thrown in the garbage where they belong

Laughing

He shaved the pig as well!!!!! Good grief it's worse than I thought Laughing

Well them being your role models says it all.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Is that it?
lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:35 pm

You simply will not get it, because you want to be told what to do and JC is all about discussing and deciding.  You know, inclusion, democracy in action.  Tories can't handle that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:37 pm

'fraid so Didge. You worship a pig shagger and a cole-sniffing chancellor. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Irn Bru wrote:'fraid so Didge. You worship a pig shagger and a cole-sniffing chancellor. Laughing

I think you mean coke-sniffer, his powder of choice is white not black lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:38 pm

sassy wrote:You simply will not get it, because you want to be told what to do and JC is all about discussing and deciding.  You know, inclusion, democracy in action.  Tories can't handle that.

They won't get that. Read my signature - says it as it is Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:39 pm

sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:'fraid so Didge. You worship a pig shagger and a cole-sniffing chancellor. Laughing

I stand corrected then.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:39 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
sassy wrote:You simply will not get it, because you want to be told what to do and JC is all about discussing and deciding.  You know, inclusion, democracy in action.  Tories can't handle that.

They won't get that. Read my signature - says it as it is Laughing

Spot on, they park their brains and their integrity at the door when they follow the Conservatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
sassy wrote:

I stand corrected then.

LOL!

I believe he likes to be corrected as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:41 pm

I see the left use the demonize card again lol
No points made

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Just the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  Not something the Conservatives like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Cuchulain wrote:I see the left use the demonize card again lol
No points made

There was - you just missed them.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:44 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
No points made

I just stated I saw them, oh dear Irn

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:48 pm

They were just concepts you and your like can't deal with, never mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:48 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
No points made

Night

Yiu're words

No points made

Is this the first 'night' or can I expect more?

It's like the damn Waltons around here at times with you saying goodnight. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:24 am

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/sandie+shaw/puppet+on+a+string_20294671.html

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:51 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Night

Yiu're words

No points made

Is this the first 'night' or can I expect more?

It's like the damn Waltons around here at times with you saying goodnight. Laughing

Typical extreme lefty clutching at straws still failing to reason any points lol

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:46 am

Cuchulain wrote:No need to apologise FTL, as I say great minds think alike.  Laughing

I think its becoming obvious to many Corben is not going to last a month at this rate lol.

Have a lovely evening FTL...xx

Jeremy Corbyn begins his first party conference as Labour leader today vowing to carry on even if his MPs try to oust him.

Defying critics such as Peter Mandelson and other leading Blairites who want to remove him, he insists he will not quit or be forced out.

"There is a democratic process in the party and that can be operated at any time," he tells The Observer.

"But am I going to resign? No. Of course not. No. No. I will carry on."

He also claims he could see himself as Prime Minister in five years' time, declaring: "I think about the issues, the opportunities and the responsibilities that go with that, of course."

Besides attacks from opponents of his left-wing policies, Mr Corbyn faces the prospect of defeat on Trident this week and is under fire over his failure to promote women to top jobs.

After he held a crunch meeting with senior trade union leaders in Brighton, it emerged that some of Britain's biggest unions will vote to keep Trident to protect their members' jobs.

http://news.sky.com/story/1559504/corbyn-tells-critics-he-wont-quit-if-mps-revolt

Hope you had a good evening too Didge x A month? You may well be right!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Labour Will Not Debate Trident After Union Blow

Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident 10490433-1-1-736x414

Scrapping Trident is off the agenda at the Labour Conference after union leaders suggested they would vote against Jeremy Corbyn.

The issue, which was to be Mr Corbyn's first significant challenge as leader, will not be debated by the conference members,  Sky sources have confirmed.

It comes after two of the unions confirmed they would not vote to ditch the nuclear deterrent because of concerns it would put jobs in Barrow-in-Furness and Faslane in jeopardy.

http://news.sky.com/story/1559825/labour-will-not-debate-trident-after-union-blow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Nuclear weapons are a ghastly thing & I wish they could be scrapped......worldwide & by every nation that has them.

But the world ain't as simple as that it is?

When discussing the Trident argument,I often make this simple statement..You never know where the next war is coming from.

Imagine the nightmare scenario of an American president being elected who for whatever reason decided to take out Europe or the UK.Fanciful I know but not beyond the realms of possibility....Remember how many wars the yanks have started since WW2? Remember they unnecessarily dropped two atomic bombs on Japan.

Yes I know what you are saying,that the yanks have a massive nuclear arsenal & could wipe the UK off the map a hundred times over.But all it needs is to be able to wipe America off the map just the once.That's all it takes,once.

And our nuclear deterrent can do that.And the rest of the world knows that,which includes the Russians,Pakistanis & Iranians etc.

It pays to be safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Shady wrote:Nuclear weapons are a ghastly thing & I wish they could be scrapped......worldwide & by every nation that has them.

When discussing the Trident argument,I often make this simple statement..You never know where the next war is coming from.

Imagine the nightmare scenario of an American president being elected who for whatever reason decided to take out Europe or the UK.Fanciful I know but not beyond the realms of possibility....Remember how many wars the yanks have started since WW2? Remember they unnecessarily dropped two atomic bombs on Japan.

Yes I know what you are saying,that the yanks have a massive nuclear arsenal & could wipe the UK off the map a hundred times over.But all it needs is to be able to wipe America off the map just the once.That's all it takes,once.

And our nuclear deterrent can do that.And the rest of the world knows that,which includes the Russians,Pakistanis & Iranians etc.

It pays to be safe.

Blimey for once a reasoned and rational point made.
Bravo.
It seems when shady is not acting the troll he can reason.
Well done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Shady wrote:Nuclear weapons are a ghastly thing & I wish they could be scrapped......worldwide & by every nation that has them.

It pays to be safe.

Bravo.
Well done

3rd post that I've read off yours since coming back............Still irrelevant rubbish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:42 pm

Shady wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Bravo.
Well done

3rd post that I've read off yours since coming back............Still irrelevant rubbish.

Dear Shady

It seems I am able to manipulate you to be perpetually angry.
My Humblest apologies, but what i would advise is you stopped being such an inane prick.
Hope this helps and once again best wishes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:42 pm

It pays to be safe.

....and it's +1 from me too Shady alien

It seems that Unite has put paid to this being discussed in any event, perhaps it's a good thing for Corbyn avoiding an embarrassing defeat.  So much for a strong, principled Labour leader, the Unions have effectively slapped him down  Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident Slap_b10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:53 pm

feelthelove wrote:

It pays to be safe.

....and it's +1 from me too Shady alien

It seems that Unite has put paid to this being discussed in any event, perhaps it's a good thing for Corbyn avoiding an embarrassing defeat.  So much for a strong, principled Labour leader, the Unions have effectively slapped him down  Labour Party Conference HuffPost Poll: Less Than One In Five Voters Back Scrapping Trident Slap_b10

Indeed FTL.I watched him on the Andrew Marr show today & he sounded like every other politician I've ever heard.Same old stuff & none of this so called new way politics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down