NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transexual Policeman Told "Stop Being So Sensitive"

Go down

Transexual Policeman Told "Stop Being So Sensitive" Empty Transexual Policeman Told "Stop Being So Sensitive"

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:32 pm

17th December 2013

Quite right too. This is why pensioners have to go without money - cases like this which Labour and the minorities encouraged!

A transsexual officer who sued her own force after claiming she was made to 'out' herself in front fellow officers over the police radio network has lost her case.

PC Emma Chapman, 44, claimed police chiefs failed to help officers deal with transgender issues or investigate her allegations properly.

But now an employment tribunal has rejected her claim, claiming she was 'unreasonably' offended following occasions when she was forced to explain she was a transsexual over police radio when questioned about her voice.

It said her reaction had been extreme and she had been: 'unreasonably prone to take offence.'

PC Chapman, who works for Essex Police, was born a male and went through gender reassignment 14 years ago.

The officer, who is based in Southend-on-Sea, claimed that on three occasions control room staff challenged her identity when she called in.

Operators, hearing a male-sounding voice, forced her to explain over the radio that she was a transsexual.

PC Chapman had been seeking compensation and a declaration of discrimination by the force.

The officer said the incidents created an 'intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment' for her to work in.

Although initially a volunteer officer with her force, she went onto become a full-time constable in 2003, working in a police response team.

The Police Federation, the police trade union, supported her in her legal action, which was seen as a landmark case.

She is a leading member of the Federation in Essex, representing constables in the force.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525213/Transexual-police-officer-told-oversensitive.html#ixzz2nk6jKwjA

Back to top Go down

Transexual Policeman Told "Stop Being So Sensitive" Empty Re: Transexual Policeman Told "Stop Being So Sensitive"

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 pm

I used to deal with the Queen Mum's orthopaedic surgeon, Miss Muirhead-Allwood, who was also a transexual, I had the same problem. I hope I dealt with it with more discretion and sympathy than that lot did.

Back to top Go down