NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench

2 posters

Go down

Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Empty Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Jeremy Corbyn has defended appointing a peer to his frontbench who went to prison for arson, saying he should play a "full part in public life" after being rehabilitated.

Mike Watson, who pleaded guilty to a charge of wilful fire-raising when he appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court in September 2005, was given a job in the shadow education team.

The move was branded as "bizarre" by the SNP, which claimed it was proof Mr Corbyn was "scrambling around" to find people to fill the frontbench roles.

Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench O-MIKE-WATSON-570
Mike Watson outside court in 2005

Lord Watson admitted setting fire to a curtain when he attended the glitzy Scottish Politician of the Year awards at Edinburgh's 17th-century Prestonfield House Hotel.

The flames destroyed a curtain and burned the curtain pole as smoke spread up over the walls and ceiling before staff managed to extinguish the blaze without fire crews being called.

An SNP spokesman said: "This is a bizarre appointment; it reflects how Jeremy Corbyn seems to be scrambling around for people to work with, which in turn is further proof of the deep divisions within the Labour Party."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/19/jeremy-corbyn-labour-party-arsonist_n_8162794.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-politics&ir=UK+Politics

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench

Post by eddie Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Why would you set fire to a curtain deliberately?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:33 pm

eddie wrote:Why would you set fire to a curtain deliberately?

Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench I_don_10 Curtainaphobia??????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:41 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

So UKIP have been branded as fruit cakes,racists & bigots etc but in terms of seriousness those accusations pale into insignificance compared to a shadow cabinet that consists of an arsonist,IRA supporters,friends of Hamas and anti Brits.

WOW! What kind of people voted for Corbyn? And I can hardly believe that he is the Labour leader.

Surely this is a wind up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks.

So UKIP have been branded as fruit cakes,racists & bigots etc but in terms of seriousness those accusations pale into insignificance compared to a shadow cabinet that consists of an arsonist,IRA supporters,friends of Hamas and anti Brits.

WOW! What kind of people voted for Corbyn? And I can hardly believe that he is the Labour leader.

Welcome back Shady Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Pirate13 hope you are well? cheers

It seems it was a tactical vote, bye bye Labour Party apparently...............Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Wave10 well let's hope so. God help us if he wins the next election affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:08 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Shady wrote:Good afternoon Folks.

Welcome back Shady Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Pirate13 hope you are well? cheers

It seems it was a tactical vote, bye bye Labour Party apparently...............Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Wave10 well let's hope so. God help us if he wins the next election affraid

Good evening FTL.

I hope you & your family are well.

Honestly,I could hardly believe the front page of the first UK newspaper that I saw & really thought it was a wind up.

My missus confirmed Corbyns win last night & when she named the shadow cabinet,well I had to laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Shady wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Good evening FTL.

Honestly,I could hardly believe the front page of the first UK newspaper that I saw & really thought it was a wind up.

My missus confirmed Corbyns win last night & when she named the shadow cabinet,well I had to laugh.

Good Evening Shady, all good here thanks hope all is well with you and yours too Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Thumbs15

Interesting times hey, I wonder how many genuine members of the party voted for him.  There are lots of rumours about people joining and voting in the hope that it will bring the Labour party to it's knees.....who'd of thought it Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Giggle15

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:47 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:Why would you set fire to a curtain deliberately?

Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench I_don_10 Curtainaphobia??????

complol
clappy clappy clappy clappy clappy clappy
lol!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:51 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good evening FTL.

Good Evening Shady, all good here thanks hope all is well with you and yours too Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Thumbs15

Interesting times hey, I wonder how many genuine members of the party voted for him.  There are lots of rumours about people joining and voting in the hope that it will bring the Labour party to it's knees.....who'd of thought it Jeremy Corbyn Defends Appointing Convicted Arsonist Mike Watson To Frontbench Giggle15

Hello again FTL.

My wife was updating me about this earlier on & is she right in saying that lots of non Labour voters actually voted for Jezza?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm afraid she is very wrong Shady

[th]Results 1st Stage[/th][th]Members[/th][th]Registered Supporters[/th][th]Affiliated Supporters[/th][th]Total[/th][th]% of Valid Vote[/th]
BURNHAM, Andy55,6986,16018,60480,46219.0%
COOPER, Yvette54,4708,4159,04371,92817.0%
CORBYN, Jeremy121,75188,44941,217251,41759.5%
KENDALL, Liz13,6012,5742,68218,8574.5%
TOTAL245,520105,59871,546422,664 

He also got the support of a huge majority of the Constituency Labour Parties

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:25 pm

sassy wrote:I'm afraid she is very wrong Shady

[th]Results 1st Stage[/th][th]Members[/th][th]Registered Supporters[/th][th]Affiliated Supporters[/th][th]Total[/th][th]% of Valid Vote[/th]

Good evening Sassy.

I hope you are well.

So is there no truth in the rumor that thousands of non Labour voters actually voted for Corbyn?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Shady wrote:
sassy wrote:I'm afraid she is very wrong Shady

Good evening Sassy.

I hope you are well.

So is there no truth in the rumor that thousands of non Labour voters actually voted for Corbyn?

Evening Shady.  Frankly is wouldn't have made the slightest difference if 10,000 voted for him, which they didn't, it would just have given the Labour Party £30,000 Smile Twisted Evil

And in the 9 days since he was elected over 40,000 people have joined the party, so those who think he has no support are talking out of the arse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:31 pm

sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good evening Sassy.

I hope you are well.

Evening Shady.  Frankly is wouldn't have made the slightest difference if 10,000 voted for him, which they didn't, it would just have given the Labour Party £30,000 Smile Twisted Evil

And in the 9 days since he was elected over 40,000 people have joined the party, so those who think he has no support are talking out of the arse.

Okay fair enough as I'm still catching up with the news.How many of those voters are IRA & Hamas supporters?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Have no idea, how many Tories are Loyalist or Zionist supporters?

Now, as Treasurer of our local party I'm having trouble keeping up with the influx at the moment (and that's in a Tory stronghold) so I'm away to my bed.  Hope you have your land legs back and you don't pitch about a lot, that can lead to all kinds of rumours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:36 pm

sassy wrote:Have no idea, how many Tories are Loyalist or Zionist supporters?

Now, as Treasurer of our local party I'm having trouble keeping up with the influx at the moment (and that's in a Tory stronghold) so I'm away to my bed.  Hope you have your land legs back and you don't pitch about a lot, that can lead to all kinds of rumours.

Is Sexy Mama okay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down