NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews"

+5
Lurker
eddie
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Go down

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews" Empty Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews"

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Gadfly Ann Coulter’s veneer of conservative cool came crashing down during the final minutes of CNN’s marathon debate.

Apparently offended by multiple expressions of solidarity with the state of Israel, she delicately tweeted “How many f---ing Jews do these people think there are in the United States?”
The reaction has been swift and—apart from the hard-right racists tweeting their approval with the hashtag #IStandWithAnn—uniformly outraged.

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Coulter said the controversy was all based on a misunderstanding. She didn’t mean to say that Jews were hoarding influence in this country. Not at all. “I’m accusing Republicans of thinking the Jews have so much power. They’re the ones who are comedically acting out this play where Jews control everything,” Coulter said.

This isn’t the first tangle of its kind. Those of us old enough to remember landlines still recall how another Republican pol put “fuck” and “Jew” together: Secretary of State James Baker, circa 1989. In fact, maybe Coulter’s words count as a kind of progress. Where Baker said, infamously, “Fuck the Jews—they don’t vote for us anyway,” Coulter is complaining that Republicans care too much about the fucking Jews.

But of course, beneath the superficial evolution is the same unforgivably anti-Semitic trope that runs like a poison thread from Henry Ford to Mahmoud Ahmedinejad to the Hebrew-haters “standing with Ann” on Twitter: that “the Jews” have disproportionate power and influence in world affairs.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/17/ann-coulter-defends-f-king-jews-rant.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews" Empty Re: Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews"

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Can't see a problem. So she used the F word - so what?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews" Empty Re: Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews"

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:53 pm

And hates Jews - so what?  Republicans hate Muslims, too. You might call 'em an equal opportunity hater.

Our lil annie-girl is better than Trump when it comes to pouring salt in a wound.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:19 pm

She call them "the fucking Jews" though?

Isn't it like saying "Well how many fucking posters are there?"

You're not calling the posters "fucking (something)" you're just swearing.
Stupid to swear though, if you work within politics.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:57 pm

eddie wrote:She call them "the fucking Jews" though?

Yes, it's just a modifier--an adjective for "the Jews". The subject of the sentence was "the Jews."

Ann Coulter is an equal opportunity Republican, they hate everybody.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:03 pm

I don't know her, or of her, so I take your word for it Quill, but I do think it's a bit of an OTT headline and non-story tbh.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:04 pm

eddie wrote:I don't know her, or of her, so I take your word for it Quill, but I do think it's a bit of an OTT headline and non-story tbh.

What do you expect, I'm a fucking white! Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't know her, or of her, so I take your word for it Quill, but I do think it's a bit of an OTT headline and non-story tbh.

What do you expect, I'm a fucking white! Smile

And also a fucking frogturd Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:31 pm

"Any growing interest in soccer can only be a sign of the nation's moral decay." -Ann Coulter on American fans of World Cup soccer

"There is a growing body of evidence that radiation in excess of what the government says are the minimum amounts we should be exposed to are actually good for you and reduce cases of cancer." -Ann Coulter, on fears over the fallout from Japan's nuclear crisis, Bill O'Reilly interview, March 18, 2011

"You will find liberals always rooting for savages against civilization." –Ann Coulter
"They didn't root for the Nazis against civilization." –Bill O'Reilly
"Oh yes they did.
... It was only when Hitler invaded their precious Soviet Union that at the last minute they came in and suddenly started saying oh no, now you have to fight Hitler." –Ann Coulter, "The O'Reilly Factor," May 7, 2010

"I don't really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester. ... I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." --on the murder of Kansas abortion doctor George Tiller, FOX News interview, June 22, 2009

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say." --arguing that it would be better if we were all Christian

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women. It also makes the point, it is kind of embarrassing, the Democratic Party ought to be hanging its head in shame, that it has so much difficulty getting men to vote for it. I mean, you do see it's the party of women and 'We'll pay for health care and tuition and day care -- and here, what else can we give you, soccer moms?'"

"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

"I was going to have a few comments about John Edwards but you have to go into rehab if you use the word faggot." --at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:32 pm

She sounds like a real nice lady!
Is she actively trying to piss people off??
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:38 pm

eddie wrote:She sounds like a real nice lady!
Is she actively trying to piss people off??

That's my theory. She's an author and seems to make a living as a professional political troll; here are some of her books' titles:

Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism

How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)

Godless: The Church of Liberalism

If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America

Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America

Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:47 pm

You got your very own, if slightly more tame, Katie Hopkins lol!
Although, to be fair, Hopkins isn't trying to gain a fan base.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:You got your very own, if slightly more tame, Katie Hopkins lol!

All I know of Hopkins is from that other thread, but they do seem to be cut from the same cloth. Did she ever do anything besides writing?

Coulter was part of the army of attorneys that tried to take down President Clinton; that's how she got her start.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:You got your very own, if slightly more tame, Katie Hopkins lol!

All I know of Hopkins is from that other thread, but they do seem to be cut from the same cloth. Did she ever do anything besides writing?

Coulter was part of the army of attorneys that tried to take down President Clinton; that's how she got her start.

Well I quite agree with getting Clinton out, he was a joke!

Hopkins? Not sure I know a lot about her, she's one of those people that were never there and then suddenly they're everywhere.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:48 am

She's a transgender spawn of Satan and probably the worst human being (too much credit) since Adolf Hitler. There is none alive today that is as big of a cretin as Ann Coulter.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:31 am

Never much of a lawyer, she was a success as an angry lady.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:29 am

very stupid to swear but without the full conversation or knowledge of the person, the swearing does not give away her position either for or against the Jews...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:27 pm

I see the religious police is back.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:47 pm

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/09/18/seth-rogen-had-a-few-choice-words-for-ann-coulter-after-her-anti-semitic-rant/
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Ann Coulter wrote:How to get applause from GOP donors: 1) Pledge to start a war 2) Talk about job creators 3) Denounce abortion 4) Cite Reagan 5) Cite Israel.

The girl has a certain charm about her.  Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ann Coulter wrote:How to get applause from GOP donors: 1) Pledge to start a war 2) Talk about job creators 3) Denounce abortion 4) Cite Reagan 5) Cite Israel.

Wow, that sounds like a comment a liberal would make Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Omg!!!!!

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Was this woman having a go at Jews, or having a go at others for suggesting that too many Jews have control of USA govt...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Was this woman having a go at Jews, or having a go at others for suggesting that too many Jews have control of USA govt...!?

It sounded to me like she's saying Republicans are the ones giving Jews some sort of disproportionate power in the U.S. Now, you could make a fair argument that Republicans find no fault with the Israeli government where fault exists, but obviously she'd get far less attention using the phrase "government of Israel" than with the phrase "fucking Jews."

The problem is the way it reads -- bigots aren't going to read that tweet as pertaining to the Israeli government, but rather to the myth of Jewish bankers, media titans, etc., controlling everything in the U.S.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:30 pm

That wasn't the impression I got from the op...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:17 am

I think Ben is right, at least taking up from the reporter's characterization of the context:

Daily Beast wrote:Apparently offended by multiple expressions of solidarity with the state of Israel, she delicately tweeted “How many f---ing Jews do these people think there are in the United States?”

It's the "Apparently offended by multiple expressions of solidarity with the state of Israel..." that imputes her motive, according to The Daily Beast.  If that is the correct case, it would seem that she isn't accusing Jews of engaging in indiscriminate sexual intercourse as much as she is cursing those who reflexively stand by Israel.  She is speaking of conservative Republicans, of course, who see it as a religion onto itself to support Israel.  I guess her point it that their motive is based upon the number of Jews living in the US, and if they realized the actual number they would not be so supportive.

But now I'm imputing. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:38 pm

No it is against the suggestion that too many Jews exert too much power in USA govt.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No it is against the suggestion that too many Jews exert too much power in USA govt.

Quill wrote:...her point it that their motive is based upon the number of Jews living in the US, and if they realized the actual number they would not be so supportive.

Is there an echo in this room?  I say something and I keep hearing some nimwit repeating the same thing back to me.

Jews in America constitute around 1.7%...not a serious voting block.  Coulter's point that they are not a serious power, but also that Republicans overestimate their influence and reflexively over-support Israel.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:54 pm

I ask a simple question and I get a load of spin and waffle in return as an 'answer'...

The op suggests that she was having a go at Jews... when the fact is she was having a go at those who suggest there are too many Jews exerting too much power over USA govt...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Was this woman having a go at Jews, or having a go at others for suggesting that too many Jews have control of USA govt...!?

The latter, although there's not much context in the article anyway.

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Coulter said the controversy was all based on a misunderstanding. She didn’t mean to say that Jews were hoarding influence in this country. Not at all. “I’m accusing Republicans of thinking the Jews have so much power. They’re the ones who are comedically acting out this play where Jews control everything,” Coulter said.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I ask a simple question and I get a load of spin and waffle in return as an 'answer'...

The op suggests that she was having a go at Jews... when the fact is she was having a go at those who suggest there are too many Jews exerting too much power over USA govt...

You asked. You got the answer. Now shut the fook up. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I ask a simple question and I get a load of spin and waffle in return as an 'answer'...

I think Vaguely it is (might be better to say too few Jews with too much power), but i doubt Coulter would ever express it like that as it is conflicting with her 'ultra patriotic rhetoric'.
but i think quill/ben is struggling to convey the more nuance politics

Coulter is the New Hard right side of the republicans, which is currently split internally between the old guard (bush family etc) and the New Tea party. this is in part why you have the likes of Trump going so hard against Jeb bush.
The old Guard has long standing personal financial arrangements in the middle east, the tea party doesn't. tea party see the relationship with Israel as 'a thorn that can be removed', the old guard have no intention of letting that happen as it would cost them personal wealth.

@the frogturds
She is just speaking Australian, ya fuckin dickheads mate pirat pirat pirat
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:52 am

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews" FXTg6rT
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews" Obama_10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:06 am

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews" PG0y8k8
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:21 pm

eddie wrote:She call them "the fucking Jews" though?

This whole story is over egged, yet again.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:13 pm

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter defends her statements about "fucking Jews" Cruz_c10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:14 pm

I can never see these big huge posts
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Neither can i.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Neither can I. I thought it was because of my computer screen.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:25 pm

I thought it was my iPad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:40 pm

this site is best viewed in 1080p

Lurker your image size is fine for a reasonable computer. Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:47 pm

I can see them on my laptop no problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down