NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sexual Abuse At Schools Investigation Reveals Thousands Are Reported

Go down

Sexual Abuse At Schools Investigation Reveals Thousands Are Reported Empty Sexual Abuse At Schools Investigation Reveals Thousands Are Reported

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:56 am

Thousands of children, some as young as five, are sexually abused at school every year, an investigation has revealed.
More than 5,500 sex offences in schools across the UK were reported to the police in the last three years.
This reportedly includes nearly 4,000 indecent assaults and more than 600 rapes, according to figures obtained by BBC Radio 5 Live.

More than 1,500 victims were aged under 13 and most were primary and secondary school pupils.
At least a fifth of the crimes were carried out by other children and in some cases the victim and abuser were both as young as five.
Shannon Rooney, who has waived her right to anonymity, described how she was attacked in a storeroom by a fellow pupil when she was 15.
"I said 'no' and he pulled me in, shut the door, and started to sexually assault me," Shannon, from Stirlingshire, Scotland, said.
"Parents believe that you are safe in school and that nothing bad is going to happen, but this changes your whole outlook as to what school is."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/06/sexual-abuse-at-schools-reported_n_8095062.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Sexual Abuse At Schools Investigation Reveals Thousands Are Reported Empty Re: Sexual Abuse At Schools Investigation Reveals Thousands Are Reported

Post by Irn Bru Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:07 am

If these figures are accurate then it is disgusting that this has been going on. Surely, some of this must have been reported at some point in some schools so why has it gone on and why has it taken this long to reveal this information?

Big questions on this need to be asked and answers provided.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Sexual Abuse At Schools Investigation Reveals Thousands Are Reported Empty Re: Sexual Abuse At Schools Investigation Reveals Thousands Are Reported

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:12 am

I would say this goes back decades and that it is only starting to be properly reported.
It is appalling as children should be safe at school
So I agree that an investigation is needed and will no doubt show how far back this problem has been going on

Back to top Go down