NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness...

3 posters

Go down

Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness... Empty Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness...

Post by Irn Bru Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:11 pm

... for people fleeing death, destruction and persecution.

Cheering German crowds greet refugees after long trek from Budapest to Munich

In pouring rain, they crossed the last few metres into Austria in the early hours of Saturday morning. The waiting Austrian police in their heavy waterproofs were taken aback by the refusal of the Hungarian bus drivers to take their passengers the last two kilometres over the border and on to the Nickelsdorf train station where they were expected, and where a Vienna-bound train was waiting.

Instead, the officers had to guide the way with torches, helpless to offer shelter to the tired clusters of men, women and children coming through the puddles at the side of the motorway in the darkness.

From 3am until early afternoon, some 120 blue buses had been and gone, disgorging an estimated 4,000 refugees. Some residents of the small border town of Nickelsdorf were at their windows, others out on the streets with blankets and umbrellas, offering hot drinks.

A Red Cross tent offered respite from the rain, with medics and volunteers working shifts while people waited for their turn to board special half-hourly bus and train services, laid on by the Austrian Federal Railway, to Vienna and Salzburg, and from there to Munich.

“We have treated a two-day-old gunshot wound. We’ve seen eye injuries caused by stun grenades. We’ve seen children with severe bruises,” Red Cross spokesman Andreas Zenker said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/05/refugee-crisis-warm-welcome-for-people-bussed-from-budapest
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness... Empty Re: Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness...

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:15 pm

yeah...Its called "angst"

60 odd years later the "collective national guilt has finally caught up with them

and?

Back to top Go down

Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness... Empty Re: Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness...

Post by Irn Bru Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Vic, Germany knows more than most what war and its aftermath can do to people and much of their population suffered from that. Historian Keith Lowe's book, Savage Continent, gives chilling details of what happened during and in the aftermath of WWII.
Dominic Sandbrook reviewed the book a couple of years back and that in itself is disturbing enough to send shivers down anyone's back.

It was in the Daily Mail. This was in Europe - not the middle east. A lot of people hadn't anywhere safe to run to then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119589/How-neighbours-turned-anarchy-erupted-Europe-aftermath-WWII.html

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Germany is now a massive pull factor for millions of people to try to arrive to by hook or by crook and not only will loads more die trying but will also create chaos across the rest of Europe!!!

Then these masses who arrive will also want to have free movement to everywhere else in EU at will!!!

What a complete mess!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:55 pm

victorismyhero wrote:yeah...Its called "angst"

60 odd years later the "collective national guilt has finally caught up with them

and?

the Germans are really good aren't they, much more honest in their selves.
I mean it's over 100 years and it still hasn't caught up with many Brits Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:55 pm

be nice to see the economic chaos it will plunge em into....

will we see germany sink into an economic morass and no longer be able to bully states like greece???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:56 pm

oh do shut up veya...all that standing on your head has buggered your brain cell.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:56 pm

victorismyhero wrote:be nice to see the economic chaos it will plunge em into....

will we see germany sink into an economic morass and no longer be able to bully states like greece???

I very much doubt it, as evcery example of mass immigration  shows economic success.
The best example is the US

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Oh and veya, in answer to your post...NOPE...they have become weak and soft.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:59 pm

the US is an ecomnomic success????

with its present financial state?

with its 3rd world education system for 2/3rds of its population
with its pathetic support for the vulnerable?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:01 pm

bloody ell...I must be the most economically successful individula going if you judge me by the same standards of debt to income ratio Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:01 pm

victorismyhero wrote:the US is an ecomnomic success????

Yes it is a success and has been for years
3rd world education?
behave ytou are talking shit now Victor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:the US is an ecomnomic success????

3rd world education?

really???

I dont think so.....

educationally the usa is a swamp of ingnorance and illiteracy, brightened only by pockets of mediocrity, wherin lie the rare flashes of brilliance.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:11 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

3rd world education?

really???

I dont think so.....

educationally the usa is a swamp of ingnorance and illiteracy, brightened only by pockets of mediocrity, wherin lie the rare flashes of brilliance.....

Subjective based on your own opinion
They have some of the best schools and universities in the world

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:34 pm

yeah?...and they also have about 40% of the population that beleive in creationism
20% beleiev in an imminent zombie apocalypse
and a large % that support the republicans???????????????

I'd say thats fairly backwards....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:38 pm

victorismyhero wrote:yeah?...and they also have about 40% of the population that beleive in creationism
20% beleiev in an imminent zombie apocalypse
and a large % that support the republicans???????????????

I'd say thats fairly backwards....

And?
That is beliefs people have, even you have a belief system you believe in
So your reasoning is now based on beliefs.
Could not your own argument then be appllied to yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:44 pm

At least MY beleifs accept best current scientific thinking....

oh and beleife in a zombie appocalypse is just plain dumb FGS.....I mean THAT takes a special kind of terminal stupidity.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:46 pm

victorismyhero wrote:At least MY beleifs accept best current scientific thinking....

oh and beleife in a zombie appocalypse is just plain dumb FGS.....I mean THAT takes a special kind of terminal stupidity.....

Subjective claim, as again it does not have evidence, yet you still believe, though at least your belief does not effect anyone
The point is your reasoning could be applied to yourself
Some people are just wacky and believe nonsense, to me that just makes them gullible and not necessarily stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:57 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:At least MY beleifs accept best current scientific thinking....

Subjective claim, as again it does not have evidence,
erm yes it does....zombies (as described in zombie appocalypse type scenarios) dont exist didge...... they are an impossible contradiction...the walking dead are pure figments of the literary kind

yet you still believe, though at least your belief does not effect anyone
Some people are just wacky and believe nonsense, to me that just makes them gullible and not necessarily stupid
sometimes didge you are TOO benevolant.....gullible is beleiveing a plausible con man......beleiving in zombie appocalypse is ...erm.......terminally stupid....not to metion potentially dangerous....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:01 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Subjective claim, as again it does not have evidence,
erm yes it does....zombies (as described in zombie appocalypse type scenarios) dont exist didge......  they are an impossible contradiction...the walking dead are pure figments of the literary kind

yet you still believe, though at least your belief does not effect anyone
sometimes didge you are TOO benevolant.....gullible is beleiveing a plausible con man......beleiving in zombie appocalypse is ...erm.......terminally stupid....not to metion potentially dangerous....

1) I was talking about your belief which has no evidence
2) Some people are gullible, it does not mean they are stupid, naive yes, but stupid is very harsh to say the least
3) Well billions believe in a vengeful deity that requires conditional love, with the threat of eternal punishment if you do not. Imagine treating your own child in that fashion that the love for them was conditional and that if they did not love you back you would then torture them.
As I say billions believe in that fairy tale, but it does not mean they are all stupid, bloody naive and gullible through fear

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:04 am

@victor
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
And are you saying they should be be strong and hard like Nazi's where? is that what you support Britain doing? Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness... Nazis Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness... Nazis Germany is a shining light in a sea of darkness... Nazis Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

2nd
agree US education is poor, while it has some of the top schools, the average is quite low and the bottom really is rock bottom.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:18 am

ah yes the old "if you dont agree with wet letteuce softie weak lefties you are a nazi argument".....somehow I expected better, but i suppose thats no surprise from an aussie.....they dont even know which way is "up"

As I said I'm all for helping...but NOT at the cost to our own....

doubless YOU are one who would think nothing of the death of one of your own nationals babies because (for instrance) a lack of incubators or the death of a RTA victim becasue of lack of hospital places if it meant saving a few "foreigners"

No doubt YOU think hospital places can be magiced up inisde a week?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:22 am

victorismyhero wrote:ah yes  the old "if you dont agree with wet letteuce softie weak lefties you are a nazi argument".....somehow I expected better, but i suppose thats no surprise from an aussie.....they dont even know which way is "up"

doubless YOU are one who would think nothing of the death of one of your own nationals babies because (for instrance) a lack of incubators or the death of a RTA victim becasue of lack of hospital places if it meant saving a few "foreigners"

Your reasoning is based on Geography.
Children do not pay anything into the system, in fact their parents pay less than those without children, yet Germany like many countries accomdates people who cannot pay. You thus are making a racial argument over who to help, when  it should not matter as the intent is to help all. If we used your reasoning based on cost, then children would end up being last receiving help.
So are you claiming people only have a right to healthcare based on nationalisties?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:38 am

victorismyhero wrote:ah yes  the old "if you dont agree with wet letteuce softie weak lefties you are a nazi argument".....somehow I expected better, but i suppose thats no surprise from an aussie.....they dont even know which way is "up"

You said you wanted a Hard Germany  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  make up your mind.  Laughing  

actually I think we budgeted for increases in population. rather than whining and crying about having a few people with different colored skin or religion we built and upgraded stuff   Neutral  you know DEALT WITH IT  Wink  

And to be fair i think it takes a month with modern tech, prefabrication and supply chains  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes   Razz
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/apr/30/china-build-57-storey-skyscraper-19-days-timelapse-video
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:43 am

yep....

simply because regardless of "who pays how much" as "natives" we ALL (in general) pay into the system to provide for US we do NOT pay to provide universally for the world....

see when I pay for my car insurance i pay to cover me (and other authorised )drivers....not fred up the road or abdul in kharachi or sven in sweden......

when I pay my council tax i pay to provide schools, libraries swimming pools etc for MY community the same as everyone else.....

NOT to pay for educating fritz in berlin, or a library for pietor in russia or a swimming pool for won hung low in china

and my argument isnt all about the fiscal cost.....though that IS a concern.....
it is the immediate impact upon one small area that is is "over doing itself"

as I said they are likely to need...out of the blue 1000 hospital places, with the attendant medical staff etc etc etc....

that cannot bode well......of course...if they have been doing this for a year they MAY have well laid contingency plans...I hope they do....

BUT i can tell you now...IF you dumped 10,000 in birmingham in one week and sucked out 1000 hospital beds...there would be chaos......in fact...i bet there isnt 1000 spare beds AVAILABL:E in birmingham....

I wonder how many patients would suddenly be found "safe" to send home early to "make " the needed spaces.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:48 am

veya_victaous wrote:

You said you wanted a Hard Germany  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  make up your mind.  Laughing  

actually I think we budgeted for increases in population. rather than whining and crying about having a few people with different colored skin or religion we built and upgraded stuff   Neutral  you know DEALT WITH IT  Wink  

And to be fair i think it takes a month with modern tech, prefabrication and supply chains  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes   Razz
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/apr/30/china-build-57-storey-skyscraper-19-days-timelapse-video

I wonder how many they killed doing it? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

oh and it takes 10 days to de-dust and sterilise a new theatre unit......

and a hospital is just a teeny bit more complex than a skyscraper even....

and I bet those 19 days didnt include plans, setting up supply chains, post build inspection etc etc ...non of which is "optional"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:50 am

victorismyhero wrote:yep....

simply because regardless of "who pays how much" as "natives" we ALL (in general) pay into the system to provide for US we do NOT pay to provide universally for the world....

see when I pay for my car insurance i pay to cover me (and other authorised )drivers....not fred up the road or abdul in kharachi or sven in sweden......

when I pay my council tax i pay to provide schools, libraries swimming pools etc for MY community the same as everyone else.....

NOT to pay for educating fritz in berlin, or a library for pietor in russia or a swimming pool for  won hung low in china

and my argument isnt all about the fiscal cost.....though that IS a concern.....

as I said they are likely to need...out of the blue 1000 hospital places, with the attendant medical staff etc etc etc....

that cannot bode well......of course...if they have been doing this for a year they MAY have well laid contingency plans...I hope they do....

BUT i can tell you now...IF you dumped 10,000 in birmingham in one week and sucked out 1000 hospital beds...there would be chaos......in fact...i bet there isnt 1000 spare beds AVAILABL:E in birmingham....

I wonder how many patients would suddenly be found "safe" to send home early to "make " the needed spaces.....

Again children do not pay anything and if your view is to what is paid in then children would end up last on receiving help
Your reasoning is based on geography not empathy
So far we have seen germany cope with this mass influx.
The world is our community, we have created imaginary boundaries to create nations, but that does not mean we are not responsible for helping other humans. Where many humans work to provide necessities for this country.
Your input of council tax does not pay for them to get up everyday and work to provode exports to the UK
The world functions together, as if it did not many countries would turn to anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:05 am

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:yep....

NOT to pay for educating fritz in berlin, or a library for pietor in russia or a swimming pool for  won hung low in china

Again children do not pay anything and if your view is to what is paid in then children would end up last on receiving help
The world is our community, we have created imaginary boundaries to create nations, but that does not mean we are not responsible for helping other humans. Where many humans work to provide necessities for this country.
Your input of council tax does not pay for them to get up everyday and work to provode exports to the UK

irrelevant...they get up everyday and go to work for EXACTLY the same reason I (used) to....to make money to pay bills......
now my purchasing of their "goods" is what pays for that.....council tax wasnt meant for that, otherwise I'd get my coffe free from the local council (having already paid for it via council tax)....think about it

The world functions together, as if it did not many countries would turn to anarchy

ermmm...I hate to piss on your strawberries old chap...but havnt we got a refugee situation right now???

I think therein lies your answer.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

irrelevant...they get up everyday and go to work for EXACTLY the same reason I (used) to....to make money to pay bills......
now my purchasing of their "goods" is what pays for that.....council tax wasnt meant for that, otherwise I'd get my coffe free from the local council (having already paid for it via council tax)....think about it

ermmm...I hate to piss on your strawberries old chap...but havnt we got a refugee situation right now???

You mean 216 Syrians we have allowed in, wow.
It is relevant how the world functions as without countries doing so our country could not fuction, thus we are all connected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:12 am

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

actually i meant in general.......It would seem quite a number of countries have "turned to anarchy" wouldnt you say? despite the world "working together"

It is relevant how the world functions as without countries doing so our country could not fuction, thus we are all connected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:15 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

actually i meant in general.......It would seem quite a number of countries have "turned to anarchy" wouldnt you say? despite the world "working together"

I disagree

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:44 am

victorismyhero wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

I wonder how many they killed doing it? Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

oh and it takes 10 days to de-dust and sterilise a new theatre  unit......

and I bet those 19 days didnt include plans, setting up supply chains, post build inspection etc etc ...non of which is "optional"

I gave you 12 extra days jeez how much time do you want Wink
So you agree 6 months tops is all you'd need?

and I think less/same amount of countries are in anarchy it has just moved closer to Europe it was East Asian and South American before now it is North Africa and Middle East.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:48 am

veya_victaous wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

I wonder how many they killed doing it? Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

oh and it takes 10 days to de-dust and sterilise a new theatre  unit......

I gave you 12 extra days jeez how much time do you want Wink
So you agree 6 months tops is all you'd need?

6 months would be "doeable" in most circumstances....

however the good burgers of munich havnt got 6 months ...or even a week.....

they have just lost 1000 hospital places (or thereabouts) in one week....

ooops........

lets hope no one turns a coach over in their parish for a while.....

or even wants to give birth....clamp them thighs fraulein

and I think less/same amount of countries are in anarchy it has just moved closer to Europe it was East Asian and South American before now it is North Africa and Middle East.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:02 am

how many of those can be transferred? a fair few probably.

And to help cover the 6 months
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_ship#Current_hospital_ships
the USA could send either USNS Mercy or USNS Comfort Both have 1000 hospital beds.

China can Add another 500 with their 'peace ark' hospital vessels
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_920_hospital_ship
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:27 am

veya_victaous wrote:how many of those can be transferred? a fair few probably.

oh yes ...I forgot...transfer them....miles away where no relative can visit....afterall...any old service is good enough innit..... Rolling Eyes

And to help cover the 6 months
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_ship#Current_hospital_ships
the USA could send either USNS Mercy or USNS Comfort Both have 1000 hospital beds.

China can Add another 500 with their 'peace ark' hospital vessels
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_920_hospital_ship

dream on....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:33 am

meh being transferred 100's of miles is pretty standard in rural Australia.

and transfer the family with them? surely there are other Towns and Cities that can absorb some of the numbers.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Yeah give it time.

Germanys light is going to go out as soon as they realise they just imported 800, 0000 young angry men of fighting age, who are culturally incompatible and unwilling to integrate

Cant wait for that train wreck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:45 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Yeah give it time.

Germanys light is going to go out as soon as they  realise they just imported 800, 0000 young angry men of fighting age, who are culturally incompatible and unwilling to integrate

Cant wait for that train  wreck

Of which 80,000 are more likely Christian.
Get used to a very long wait that you will never see happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Already happening

It's beem estimated that Germany will have to spend 10 billion to pay for the 800k

That is 50% more than their current surplus

How long will their hospitality last at that price??

How long will the immigrants be welcome when they start driving down wages?

Do you really need a history lesson on the Last time Germany suffered economic hardships and had a target to blame??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:59 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Already happening

It's beem estimated that Germany will have to spend 10 billion to pay for the 800k

That is 50% more than their current surplus

How long will their hospitality last at that price??

How long will the immigrants be welcome when they start driving down wages?

Do you really need a history lesson on the Last time Germany suffered economic hardships and had a target to blame??

Wrong they have money which they are going to use which is 6 billion

You keeping get sexually excited over this  but you will be disappointed as per usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Let's see walter

I was right about the arab spring

I was right about ISIS

But it doesn't matter does it?? When Germany is tearing itself and Europe apart i am sure you will do the usual Lefty thing and simply ignore it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:37 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Let's see walter

I was right about the arab spring

I was right about ISIS

But it doesn't matter does it??  When Germany is tearing itself and Europe apart i am sure you will do the usual Lefty thing and simply ignore it

How were you right about the Arab spring?
Tunisia you were wrong.
Eygpt you were wrong.

Not sure what you said about ISIS no doubt making things up

Again for one you are assuming these are all Muslims, which is daft.
They have fled persecution or has this not sunk in yet?
I have no doubt some extremists have slipped though, but you have also made predictions about the Uk which have never happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:58 pm

Germany is now a massive pull factor for millions of people to try to arrive to by hook or by crook and not only will loads more die trying, but will also create chaos!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down