NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The State of Israel Is Turning Into a One-time Historic Event

2 posters

Go down

The State of Israel Is Turning Into a One-time Historic Event  Empty The State of Israel Is Turning Into a One-time Historic Event

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:57 am

Political society is disintegrating and the political crisis that is the occupation is too deep for the right-wing government to extricate us.
Yitzhak Laor Aug 18, 2015 1:53 AM

Since 1977, the Likud has not stopped reinventing our national-religious existence. In 1982, for example, remains kept in storage after being found in 1964 during the Nahal Hever archeological excavations were buried in a full military ceremony. It is not known on what Chief Rabbi Shlomo Goren based his decision, a few months after the withdrawal from the Sinai Peninsula and a short time before the invasion of Lebanon, that these 1,800-year-old-bones were really those of Bar Kochba rebels against the Romans; but the state, military, helicopters, honor guard, chief rabbis and Prime Minister Menachem Begin all participated in the ceremony. Since then there have been lots of ceremonies, from the Western Wall to Birkenau, an assembly line for nationalists.

The truth? No country can be modest, sending its citizens a letter, for example along with an identity card: “Dear citizens, I am just an apparatus. Pay taxes, follow the law. Whoever wants to stand out should invent algorithms, write poetry, play Beethoven’s Op. 111; there is nothing special about me.” In order to receive legitimacy from their citizens, states must continually become events, and reproduce its citizens as witnesses to that extraordinary event, the state. A totem.

Britain has been blessed with its royal family, and its princes coupling and siring, and it has lords and Capulets, and a national soccer team and memorial days. France builds, occasionally, large museums, and it has a soccer team – Allez les bleus! – and Bastille Day. Germany interests its citizens with discussions on the economy (Wirtschaft,) the European Union, the death of writers and the reunification of Germany and its soccer team. The United States elects an emperor, and the elections do not look like a choice between two rivals from the management of the same bank; but create the “Home of the Free.” Who remembers, during the lengthening celebration, from the primaries through the inauguration, that there are now 2.3 million people sitting in its prisons, a quarter of all the prisoners inthe world?

We don’t have a soccer team or a royal family; and the primaries look like our soccer. On the other hand, we have a right wing government and a continuing crisis of the apparatus called a state; in other words, political society is disintegrating and the political crisis that is the occupation is too deep for the right-wing government to extricate us. That is why we have more and more wars, and also Jewish holidays, all of which become national holidays. From Rosh Hashanah to Tisha Be’av, and two Holocaust memorial days, and a memorial day for the fallen, and more memorial days for the various wars, and Jerusalem Day, and the torch lighting ceremony, and the Israel Prize awards ceremony, and it is all on television.

Thanks to this national repertoire and the school curriculum, the State of Israel is turning into a one-time historic event, daily and always more national-religious. Israeli crypto-fascism is not a response to a single event, but the result of turning the state into thickening content, daily, all day, on infinite sites and with military operations at the head. When the operation really goes bad, such as Operation Protective Edge, they don’t stop creating events to honor it. Since there were a great many Israeli dead in that operation, the ideology is still working overtime.

And after Protective Edge Naftali Bennett was fitted for us, like a glove for a hand stained with blood. Not only not apologizing, but proudly national-religious. And after the elections we woke up with a lot of Bennetts. Arrogant, back-slapping persecutors of asylum seekers and Palestinians, watching with a shrug of the shoulders the dying hunger strikers. And the spirit of the people blows over the abyss. This is the new right, trampling what remains. Ayelet Shaked leads the campaign against the High Court of Justice, Miri Regev the “cultural revolution,” Danny Danon wears a dunce’s hat and is already explaining to the world how special we are.

The new right has enlisted the settlers, south Tel Aviv and, a tiny footnote, the “Mizrahi radicals” from Facebook. A lot of commotion against the “elites.” And the real is happening in secret like gluttony at night: Netanyahu and his Steinitz, dismissals, tycoons, gas, dollars. For our country, of course.

read more: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.671614

So many there see how the corruption of the human spirit in Israel will be it's downfall.   As a subscriber to Haaretz, it's there in the writings day after day, and they despair, while watching the right wing religious zealots carry them to the inevitable conclusion.

Back to top Go down

The State of Israel Is Turning Into a One-time Historic Event  Empty Re: The State of Israel Is Turning Into a One-time Historic Event

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:08 am

With all the people they are converting to Judism and bringing in from Europe to fill up more and more settlements, this is not going to end well for Israel.

Back to top Go down

The State of Israel Is Turning Into a One-time Historic Event  Empty Re: The State of Israel Is Turning Into a One-time Historic Event

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:14 am

Demonization of Jews/Israelis

Since the Palestinian Authority was established it has systematically indoctrinated young and old to hate Israelis and Jews. Using media, education, and cultural structures that it controls, the PA has actively promoted religious hatred, demonization, conspiracy libels, etc. These are packaged to present Israelis and Jews as endangering Palestinians, Arabs, and all humanity. This ongoing campaign has so successfully instilled hatred that fighting, murder and even suicide terror against Israelis and Jews are seen by the majority of Palestinians as justified self-defense and as Allah’s will. The PA presents Jews as possessing inherently evil traits. Jews are said to be treacherous, corrupt, deceitful and unfaithful by nature. These Jewish “attributes” and traditions are presented as the unchangeable nature of Jews. Forgeries and fiction masquerading as history are used to document and support the libel that Judaism is in essence racist and evil. Jews are said to be planning and executing heinous crimes, including burning Palestinians in ovens, murder, using prisoners for Nazi-like experiments, and more. If unchecked, these crimes constitute a mortal danger, not only to all Muslims and Arabs but to all of humanity.

The PA assigns responsibility to the Jews for all the problems in the world: Wars, conflicts and civil wars are all said to be triggered by Jews. Indeed, the oppression suffered by Jews throughout history is presented as the legitimate response of nations seeking revenge for the injury caused them by the Jews living among them. The creation of the State of Israel is said to have been a European plot, in order to be rid of their Jews and save Europe from the evil of Jewish presence in their countries.

http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=790

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Judge dismisses credibility of Palestinian Media Watch testimony

An Israeli district court judge metes out scathing criticism of Palestinian Media Watch director Itamar Marcus’s expert witness testimony on incitement in Palestinian media, in a civil case against the PA and its leaders. Marcus’s testimony, Judge Dalia Gano wrote, was incomplete, biased and unworthy of the title “expert witness testimony.”

http://972mag.com/judge-dismisses-credibility-of-palestinian-media-watch-testimony/78900/

Palwatch Didge. Laughing

The organisation is run by a guy living in an illegal settlement in the West Bank.

You've already given us Memri, Denis McEoin and even Thomas Victor and now Palwatch - all discredited for translating or cherry-picking out or editing information designed to mislead people.

C'mon - get serious
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:15 pm

This is why I do not waste my time debating you anymore Irn because you have become so childish and desperate at debating.
You have the opinion of one judge in on e civil case based on one idividual where as stated Hilary Clinton and others took very seriously the published reports of child abuse going on in the Palestinians territories.
Hence your whole view is to deligitmise based off one judge is poor.
A non starter and why you are insignificant to debate anymore.

Maybe you will change my opinion again to debate when you want to debate seriously, but to claim everything thing they have published is false and then bring in memri which reports both good and bad in the Middle east is just commical and like I say desperation.

The fact is many points can be backed up.
So I look forward in this hope you might become a serious debater again but for the time being I have relegated you to the minor leagues as you seriously have lost your edge.

All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Cuchulain wrote:This is why I do not waste my time debating you anymore Irn because you have become so childish and desperate at debating.
You have the opinion of one judge in on e civil case based on one idividual where as stated Hilary Clinton and others took very seriously the published reports of child abuse going on in the Palestinians territories.
Hence your whole view is to deligitmise based off one judge is poor.
A non starter and why you are insignificant to debate anymore.

Maybe you will change my opinion again to debate when you want to debate seriously, but to claim everything thing they have published is false and then bring in memri which reports both good and bad in the Middle east is just commical and like I say desperation.

The fact is many points can be backed up.
So I look forward in this hope you might become a serious debater again but for the time being I have relegated you to the minor leagues as you seriously have lost your edge.

All the best

Didge, I'm quite happy to debate and all I have done here point out that an Israeli judge practically laughed Palwatch out of the courthouse. You never even attempted to address the points made in the OP and just posted a Palwatch article.

Note;
On the poll thread you said I had insulted your father. That is a downright lie. I never did that because I don't have to stoop that low. I would have added this on that thread but it has rightfully been locked but I can't let your allegation stand.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:44 pm

Yes you did Irn, you also insulted my uncle as well. So am not lying at all.
Not that it matters as seen I apologised and it just proves further why I have little time or respect for you. You can continue to deny all you like, that is up to you but I am beyond caring as you are that insignificant to me. Many times I have tried to work things out only for you to throw them back in my face, that is your choice so am happy to leave things that way. You will lose out more in this because with me you have enjoyed many debates. So you again can deny all you like of which is clearly for shows for others here, which is not even needed.

When you learn to debate again then we can enjoy that together but until then you can say as you please as i am tired of all the nonsense that goes with all these spats

Now I am going goodnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:47 pm

The State of Israel Is Turning Into a One-time Historic Event  Hamster-wheel-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:12 am

Cuchulain wrote:Yes you did Irn, you also insulted my uncle as well. So am not lying at all.
Not that it matters as seen I apologised and it just proves further why I have little time or respect for you. You can continue to deny all you like, that is up to you but I am beyond caring as you are that insignificant to me. Many times I have tried to work things out only for you to throw them back in my face, that is your choice so am happy to leave things that way. You will lose out more in this because with me you have enjoyed many debates. So you again can deny all you like of which is clearly for shows for others here, which is not even needed.

When you learn to debate again then we can enjoy that together but until then you can say as you please as i am tired of all the nonsense that goes with all these spats

Now I am going goodnight

No, you were lying then and you are lying now. So bring up the post(s) were I insulted your father and your uncle or be shown to be the liar that you are.

I believe all this nonsense about insulting them started on the USS Liberty thread where you went ballistic by coming out with the most outrageous claims.

So go on - find it or be damned.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:16 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Yes you did Irn, you also insulted my uncle as well. So am not lying at all.

Now I am going goodnight

No, you were lying then and you are lying now. So bring up the post(s) were I insulted your father and your uncle or be shown to be the liar that you are.

I believe all this nonsense about insulting them started on the USS Liberty thread where you went ballistic by coming out with the most outrageous claims.

So go on - find it or be damned.

I am not going to do anything the very fact when I spoke of my uncle by marriage, who was a german part Jewish the poor comments you made and I remeber exactly what you said and about my father. If you deny this then it just proves by point on what a poor liar you are and how gutless you are.

Like I said I have no more time for you anymore you are that insignificant.
I am not going to get into another pathetic spat where we both know you did. Let alone how you also bring up about my family also and my children which you seem to take great amusment from which have nothing to do with this forum, so spare me the bullshit Irn, you are gutless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:19 am

Well if you can remember exactly what I said about your father and your uncle you will have no bother finding it or even repeating it word for word.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:23 am

Irn Bru wrote:Well if you can remember exactly what I said about your father and your uncle you will have no bother finding it or even repeating it word for word.

No I am not pandering to you Irn, if you cannot be honest and decent enough to admit then I am not wasting my time doing a merry dance, you care more about your petty reputation tham of doing the right thing.
So nothing you post or say is going to change that, I ma not hunting back through threads when you have not the decency to admit.
Like I say I am not going to bother anymore with your childish games or any others on here, they are pathetic and I am atr fault for being dragged into them all the time, well no more.

That is the end of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:24 am

It's another case of no trial and no evidence, seems didge believes in that for everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:26 am

You strive to stir and in time you will fall out with others again Sassy and do you know what I am just going to sit back and laugh, you deserve it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:27 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Well if you can remember exactly what I said about your father and your uncle you will have no bother finding it or even repeating it word for word.

No I am not pandering to you Irn, if you cannot be honest and decent enough to admit then I am not wasting my time doing a merry dance, you care more about your petty reputation tham of doing the right thing.
So nothing you post or say is going to change that, I ma not hunting back through threads when you have not the decency to admit.
Like I say I am not going to bother anymore with your childish games or any others on here, they are pathetic and I am atr fault for being dragged into them all the time, well no more.

That is the end of it

It certainly is Didge - you lied, plian and simple.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:29 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

That is the end of it

No humility as expected.
Seriously you really now bore me Irn, its just the same like when you used to be the same with Hugh, Drinky and Durham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:31 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

That is the end of it

No humility as expected.
Seriously you really now bore me Irn, its just the same like when you used to be the same with Hugh, Drinky and Durham.

I got on fine with Hugh in the main and drinky. Durham just wanted me dead Laughing

Diversion alert.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:33 am

Now that is a big whopping lie as they all thought you were an idiot

Oh well, more delusions, anyway, not going to pander you anymore the point stands, when you mature again then we will debate.

Enjoy being sent into the wilderness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:40 am

He's got delusions again.  'Sent into the wilderness',  that will be like when he said to 3 women 'my will is stronger than all of yours put together'.  It wasn't LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:41 am

Cuchulain wrote:Now that is a big whopping lie as they all thought you were an idiot

Oh well, more delusions, anyway, not going to pander you anymore the point stands, when you mature again then we will debate.

No Didge, they thought you were the idiot. Hugh and drinky were ok but misguided - Durham just wanted me dead. He was the guy that would go to London to beat up gays. They were all friends of your then?

Your still diverting Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:44 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Now that is a big whopping lie as they all thought you were an idiot

No Didge, they thought you were the idiot. Hugh and drinky were ok but misguided - Durham just wanted me dead. He was the guy that would go to London to beat up gays. They were all friends of your then?

Ine then end Hugh no but they were posters I got on with and Durham knew not to be homophobic around me as I would not tolerate such views. Does that mean you cannot be friends with Zack or Tommy because of their views on Homosexuals?

Oh dear you really know how to dig yourself a hole don't you.

Anyway that is your last post until you mature, so enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:46 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Ine then end Hugh no but they were posters I got on with and Durham knew not to be homophobic around me as I would not tolerate such views. Does that mean you cannot be friends with Zack or Tommy because of their views on Homosexuals?

Oh dear you really know how to dig yourself a hole don't you.

Anyway that is your last post until you mature, so enjoy

Durham was scared of you then. You're kidding yourself on dude Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:26 am

Been watching. Didge, all he did was impeach a source of yours. That's well within bounds.

It's happened to me before. It's embarrassing when a source let's you down. But you go on.

There's no need to lash out at Irn, partner. He's just the messenger.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down