NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building Empty Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Labour leadership candidate Jeremy Corbyn MP publishes his plans to comprehensively address Britain's housing crisis as part of his Vision for Britain 2020. Jeremy believes a secure and affordable home is a basic right. His housing manifesto proposes a radical rebooting of home construction permitting councils to be house builders and providers in order to meet the demand for affordable housing in their own areas

Giving to councils the right and the means to commission new homes is the most efficient way of achieving the minimum of 240,000 new homes our country now needs to build each year to meet demand and reverse the current housing crisis.
 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building Housing2
Short supply of affordable housing fuels high rents which, alongside unobtainable mortgage deposits, mean the dream of having a home of your own is now beyond the reach of too many people. And too many parents are now dealing with the fact that their grown children cannot afford to fly the nest.

"Under my ‘Vision for Britain 2020’ Labour will promote major council-funded, desirable energy efficient building projects to provide our young people with a good start in life, to stop paying exorbitant rents and the opportunity of a home they can at least call their own," said Jeremy Corbyn.

"It has become clear that when housing provision is left purely to market forces most of our young people simply cannot afford to get a foot on the rung of the market's so called housing ladder."

"It also makes economic sense, as today's housing document outlines."

“Housing has reached crisis point: families are shunted from council house to B&B to hostel, hundreds of miles away from support networks and denied stability or security; council homes are emptied, regenerated and sold at prices well out of the reach of normal people, causing the social cleansing of our cities."

Other points highlighted in the document:

• The pernicous bedroom tax and the benefit cap must be scrapped. For every £1 spent on housing construction an extra £2.09 is generated in the economy.
  • Lower regulated rents and better housing conditions in the private sector.
  • Private rents linked to local average earnings levels.
  • Tenants should have the right to longer tenancies.
  • Licensing and regulation of private landlords to ensure decent housing conditions.
  • Four in five London employers say the lack of affordable housing is stalling economic growth in the capital.

NOTES TO EDITORS:

A first time buyer today requires ten times the deposit they did in the 1980s, according to the National Housing Federation. Fewer than 150,000 homes were built in every year of the coalition government, compared with 190,000 homes a year under New Labour, which was itself a low for a post-war government. Britain has the highest proportion of households of OECD countries receiving cash allowances to support rent, and we now spend around £10 billion on housing benefit for in-work households; and the eviction of tenants is at a record high. Official figures show that sleeping rough in England is up 55% since 2010 (and up 78% in London); while families in temporary accommodation are increasing too.

http://www.jeremyforlabour.com/housing

#JezWeCan

Conservatives are quaking in their boots.

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:29 pm

We are in for a night of spamming I guess

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:29 pm

I wouldn't support the benefit caps being scrapped. I also support the bedroom tax in principle. People shouldn't get benefits for rooms they don't need.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I wouldn't support the benefit caps being scrapped. I also support the bedroom tax in principle. People shouldn't get benefits for rooms they don't need.

of course ragga...which is why I would place a 30% surcharge on all houses of 4 beds 40% on 5 beds and 60% on six bed and above, with the money from that I could then build a load of 1 and 2 bed homes so that those who only neeed 1 or 2 beds had an adequate choice....

if you can afford that many kids and a house that big you can afford to "contribute " to the housing of your fellows

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I wouldn't support the benefit caps being scrapped. I also support the bedroom tax in principle. People shouldn't get benefits for rooms they don't need.

of course ragga...which is why I would place a 30% surcharge on all houses of 4 beds 40% on 5 beds and 60% on six bed and above, with the money from that I could then build a load of 1 and 2 bed homes so that those who only neeed 1 or 2 beds had an adequate choice....

if you can afford that many kids and a house that big you can afford to "contribute " to the housing of your fellows

Why should you? Let the others earn money themselves. If they have to (or want to) rely on public money, they should pay themselvers if they want extra room that they don't need.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 pm

why should folks be allowed to breed like rats and then lord it over others...

inheritance tax at 100% over 100,000

call it social responsibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

Why should you? Let the others earn money themselves. If they have to (or want to) rely on public money, they should pay themselvers if they want extra room that they don't need.
besides which that is just a deflection from the REAL problem.... oh I know it makes a nice sound byte to the nasty minded and socially deficient tory mind,
but the REALITY is that there is not enough 1 or 2 bed properties available, and certainly not at decent prices.
and most certainly NOT in the housing association or social housing sector....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Charge the Queen bedroom tax on Buckingham Palace, she gets given enough money by the tax payer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:05 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

besides which that is just a deflection from the REAL problem.... oh I know it makes a nice sound byte to the nasty minded and socially deficient tory mind,
but the REALITY is that there is not enough 1 or 2 bed properties available, and certainly not at decent prices.

So they can rent privately. Don't bother to say it would cost more - I know that, and I've said several times that it's not just about money, it's about people not taking the piss and expecting things that others who have to work don't get unless they pay for them.

They could also get a lodger, like people who can't afford to pay a mortgage on their own do.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:09 pm

He campaigns all week, has the lowest expenses of any MP, and takes the night bus home

Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building CLRQUDIWcAAGprP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

So they can rent privately. Don't bother to say it would cost more - I know that, and I've said several times that it's not just about money, it's about people not taking the piss and expecting things that others who have to work don't get unless they pay for them.

They could also get a lodger, like people who can't afford to pay a mortgage on their own do.

What a great idea, the last person who did that because of the bedroom tax was killed by the lodger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:11 pm

Killed by the bedroom tax: Lodger killed Mormon pensioner who let him stay in her flat to avoid charge for spare room 

• Anna Maria Thomas, 61, met Felix Gutierrez-Cortez at church in June 2013
  • Pensioner wanted him to live with her in Putney, London, to act as a carer
  • Also wanted to avoid reduction in housing benefit due to second bedroom
  • But six months later, she was found strangled to death, wrapped in a duvet
  • Paranoid schizophrenic Gutierrez-Cortez, 34, convicted of manslaughter 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2979830/Killed-bedroom-tax-Lodger-killed-Mormon-pensioner-let-stay-flat-avoid-charge-spare-room.html#ixzz3i4V8z6cN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:11 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

What a great idea, the last person who did that because of the bedroom tax was killed by the lodger.

So are you also concerned about those with mortgages who have lodgers, or those who have to share with others to pay their rent? Put it into perspective.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:13 pm

sassy wrote:Killed by the bedroom tax: Lodger killed Mormon pensioner who let him stay in her flat to avoid charge for spare room 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2979830/Killed-bedroom-tax-Lodger-killed-Mormon-pensioner-let-stay-flat-avoid-charge-spare-room.html#ixzz3i4V8z6cN

FFS, she wasn't killed by the bedroom tax, she was killed by a person. If she had owned her house but needed a lodger to help pay for it, would you say she was killed by a mortgage?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

yeah, like I really beleive you, not that you just hate the thought that someone may have one turd more than you up their arse. I have never met such mean minded and positively evil jealousy.....BUILD the necessary homes....Where they are needed, FIX the rents at a rerasonable level (not the hyper inflated and profiteering levels the private sector charge)  THEN start encouraging people to move......only THEN will it be reasonable and equitable

yeah great idea that ragga...given that many in this situation are eiter vulnerable them selves or have vulnerable dependants.....who's gonna CRB the lodgers for them?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:17 pm

There's no need for such vulgarity Victor ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:18 pm

This is @JeremyCorbyn working away on the tube

Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building CLrHi9sXAAAIgzp

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:18 pm

So are they going to build enough of these houses so that everyone who is renting can have one?

No, they're not. Others have to find their own place and pay more for it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 pm

90% of those effected by the bedroom tax are disabled and their houses have been adapted for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:Killed by the bedroom tax: Lodger killed Mormon pensioner who let him stay in her flat to avoid charge for spare room 

FFS, she wasn't killed by the bedroom tax, she was killed by a person. If she had owned her house but needed a lodger to help pay for it, would you say she was killed by a mortgage?

feckin idiot alert

pensioners dont usually have mortgages....they have generally paid them off... Rolling Eyes

you can insure against loss of earnings to protect your mortgage

the bedroom tax was imposed without reasonable warning, without alternatives being available and in general was so designed as to trap as many as possible.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:21 pm

I know loads of people who bought flats or houses, and then got a lodger. Who is doing CRB checks for them?

Nobody. They just got on with it, and didn't choose a psychopath.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

feckin idiot alert

pensioners dont usually have mortgages....they have generally paid them off... Rolling Eyes

the bedroom tax was imposed without reasonable warning, without alternatives being available and in general was so designed as to trap as many as possible.

She was 61! That's hardly ancient. You can't even retire at that age now unless you have a private pension.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So are they going to build enough of these houses so that everyone who is renting can have one?

Now I know you are a complet idiot.....

you want those on benefits to compete freely in a market dominated by greedy landlords????

wher is your mind when your body needs it?

and yes i suppose a true reflection of your mindset is vulgar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I know loads of people who bought flats or houses, and then got a lodger. Who is doing CRB checks for them?

CRB checks what makes you think just anybody can ask for a CRB check ?

Individuals and the self-employed cannot apply for a check directly to the DBS.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-check-eligible-positions-guidance

Last edited by korban dallas on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

feckin idiot alert

She was 61! That's hardly ancient. You can't even retire at that age now unless you have a private pension.

in which case dumb ass, she could/should have had a mortgage insured if she was working Rolling Eyes
Oh and i paid my mortgage off at 58......... Rolling Eyes

and at 61 if she had a mortgage and was desperate she could have used equity release to finish the job..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:29 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I know loads of people who bought flats or houses, and then got a lodger. Who is doing CRB checks for them?

any vulnerable person can ask the local authority to require any would be lodger to undergo a CRB check I beleive....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:29 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So are they going to build enough of these houses so that everyone who is renting can have one?

Now I know you are a complet idiot.....

you want those on benefits to compete freely in a market dominated by greedy landlords????

wher is your mind when your body needs it?

and yes i suppose a true reflection of your mindset is vulgar

You're the idiot. You completely miss the point of everything. There are people who have to look after themselves without all this nannying. Those in private rental accommodation can get housing benefit, but they won't get enough for a nice house with spare bedrooms. Why then should those in social housing get special privileges?

That's the trouble with you and your ilk - you only care about certain groups, you don't give a shit about those who don't get those special privileges.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:30 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

any vulnerable person can ask the local authority to require any would be lodger to undergo a CRB check I beleive....

Well then so can people in social housing who want a lodger.

FFS, it's like talking to a brick wall ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 pm

besides which...what the hell difference does it make to you??

I'd love to know the reasons for your deranged mindset on this

what happened...did a disabled person run over your puppy in their buggy when you were a kid or something???

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:36 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

in which case dumb ass, she could/should have had a mortgage insured if she was working Rolling Eyes
Oh and i paid my mortgage off at 58......... Rolling Eyes

and at 61 if she had a mortgage and was desperate she could have used equity release to finish the job..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I think you're missing the point completely. The point is that she wasn't killed by the bedroom tax, she was killed by a homeless mentally ill man who she invited into her home. That doesn't mean that everyone is going to be.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:38 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Don`t think so victor check the link i supplied

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:38 pm

victorismyhero wrote:besides which...what the hell difference does it make to you??

what happened...did a disabled person run over your puppy in their buggy when you were a kid or something???

I just get fed up of hearing about "equality" from the likes of you, but you only want it to apply to those who you think deserve it. You want those in social housing to have special privileges which others don't have. You think that everyone else can just shove off.

I've never had a puppy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:39 pm

so ...hey ho ....let the vulnerable become "at risk" ...its just tough.....

is that it....

and of course there is the other problem...once you have got em (lodgers that is, they are like fleas in summer...difficult to get rid of)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:42 pm

victorismyhero wrote:so ...hey ho ....let the vulnerable become "at risk" ...its just tough.....

is that it....

and of course there is the other problem...once you have got em (lodgers that is, they are like fleas in summer...difficult to get rid of)

Well that's what you seem to think. You don't give a toss about anyone else who's "vulnerable" for whatever reason if they don't live in a council house.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:besides which...what the hell difference does it make to you??

I just get fed up of hearing about "equality" from the likes of you, but you only want it to apply to those who you think deserve it. You want those in social housing to have special privileges which others don't have. You think that everyone else can just shove off.

I've never had a puppy.
why am i not surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:47 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I've never had a puppy.
why am i not surprised

Do you think there's something wrong with people who have never had a puppy then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Yep, there is something really suspect about people who don't like dogs.

And I'd trust a dog's judgement on whether someone is nice or not, they can sense it.

Last edited by sassy on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:48 pm

of course this all comes about becasue the likes of you support the "rip off mentality of todays "entrepreneurs"

as far as I am concerned

a reasonable and appropriate home is the RIGHT of every citizen (and I do qualify "citizen")
along with

a suitable and appropriate job

guaranteeing a decent living wage

and the guarantee that should things go wrong the state will continue to maintain the staus quo for that individual.....

of course to that end we will need to crash the housing market and nationalise all non domestic living property
we will have to pass those properties to the local authority
we will have to provide a "citizens income" from the govt at LEAST equal to the "living wage" to all

(we could then remove ALL benefits except the "top up benefits")

we will have to set income tax at its lowest to 50% (bear in mind you get the citizens income free of tax)
and at its highest to 60%

and we would probably have to set inheritance tax to 100% above 100,000

and of course we would have to implement a "whats earned here is taxed here" policy to prevent corporate abuse of tax rules....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
why am i not surprised

Do you think there's something wrong with people who have never had a puppy then?
well one things for sure killing it with kindness wouldn't have been a problem for any pet you owned would it

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:49 pm

sassy wrote:Yep, there is something really suspect about people who don't like dogs.

WTF? I didn't say I didn't like dogs, I said I've never had a puppy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
why am i not surprised

not necessarily...but it would indicate further investigation is needed....... pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:50 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

well one things for sure killing it with kindness wouldn't have been a problem for any pet you owned would it

What a stupid comment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

What a stupid comment.
true though

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:53 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

What a stupid comment.
true though

Of course I wouldn't kill a pet with kindness. Do you habitually kill dogs then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
true though

Of course I wouldn't kill a pet with kindness. Do you habitually kill dogs then?

another "ragamuffin special"

Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:55 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

another "ragamuffin special"

Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464 Jeremy Corbyn’s plan for council house building 3489511464

It was good wasn't it? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
true though

I think the fact you wouldn't kill it with kindness was the point.  You don't seem very good at handing out kindness to those weaker or more vunerable than yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:56 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think the fact you wouldn't kill it with kindness was the point.  You don't seem very good at handing out kindness to those weaker or more vunerable than yourself.

Yes - thank you - I know what the point was. I'm just playing him at his own stupid game.

Honestly, you're all barking mad. clappy
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

Yes - thank you - I know what the point was. I'm just playing him at his own stupid game.

Honestly, you're all barking mad. clappy
No, we just growl a lot at people who don't want to share the dinner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
true though

depends how hungry i am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next