NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA for terrorist atrocities

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jeremy Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA for terrorist atrocities - Page 2 Empty Jeremy Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA for terrorist atrocities

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jeremy Corbyn, the hard-left candidate for the Labour leadership, has been criticised by the families of IRA victims after repeatedly refusing to condemn the group for carrying out terrorist atrocities.Mr Corbyn refused three times to directly condemn the IRA, instead highlighting Bloody Sunday and the role of the British Army during the conflict. Mr Corbyn caused outrage in the weeks after the Brighton bombing in 1984 by inviting Mr Adams and other members of Sinn Fein to the Commons. He also observed a minute’s silence in 1987 for eight IRA members killed by the SAS in an ambush. Last month he was pictured in Parliament with Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness, the Sinn Fein leaders:
In an interview with BBC Radio Ulster, Mr Corbyn was repeatedly challenged to condemn the IRA's actions. Mr Corbyn responded: "I condemn all bombing, it is not a good idea, it is terrible what happened." Asked again if he condemned the IRA, Mr Corbyn responded: "Look I condemn what was done by the British Army as well as the other sides as well. What happened in Derry in 1972 [Bloody Sunday] was pretty devastating as well."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11787955/Jeremy-Corbyn-refuses-to-condemn-IRA-for-terrorist-atrocities.html

Sounds exactly like a couple of posters we know when asked to condemn certain other terrorists groups. They skirt around and never actually condemn them. Let Labour vote him in, because there is no way ever they will win with that scum in charge.

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA for terrorist atrocities - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA for terrorist atrocities

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:40 pm

sassy wrote:Good grief, sometimes is like swimming through mud.  Understanding and taking into account is not the same as blaming the populating of Britian today.  Do use you brains.

I can't speak for Nicko, but I am using my brain. You can disagree all you like Sassy, but don't pull the "I'm more intelligent than you" crap on me.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA for terrorist atrocities - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to condemn IRA for terrorist atrocities

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:42 pm

I do actually think that this obsession with historical claims to land is damaging. Well we've seen that with the situation in NI, and other places around the world. If you think that obsessing about history is the way forward Sassy, think about that damage that's been done. You don't like the situation in Palestine - think about what's contributed to that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm sure you do Rags.  However, if you have knowledge about why a problem has started and why people feel the way they do, you have more chance of negiating to stop the problem.  It's that word again, empathy.  You don't have to agree with something to empathise, you just have to understand why they feel the way they do.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:28 pm

I spent 18 months in Ireland fighting the IRA, I saw mates shot dead and blown to pieces, if I ever had the chance now i'd shoot the scum!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:43 pm

sassy wrote:I'm sure you do Rags.  However, if you have knowledge about why a problem has started and why people feel the way they do, you have more chance of negiating to stop the problem.  It's that word again, empathy.  You don't have to agree with something to empathise, you just have to understand why they feel the way they do.

You can have knowledge without condoning, and you do appear to be excusing the IRA I'm afraid.

Do you understand the way Israelis feel? I don't think you do - you only see one side.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:43 pm

nicko wrote:I spent 18 months in Ireland fighting the IRA, I saw mates shot dead and blown to pieces, if I ever had the chance now i'd shoot the scum!!

I don't blame you nicko.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2