NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primark Breastfeeding Mother Alleges Security Guard Snatched Nursing Baby From Her

Go down

Primark Breastfeeding Mother Alleges Security Guard Snatched Nursing Baby From Her Empty Primark Breastfeeding Mother Alleges Security Guard Snatched Nursing Baby From Her

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Discount clothing store Primark is investigating allegations a security guard physically removed a child from its mother as she attempted to breastfeed on the premises. Caroline Starmer revealed her ordeal on a Facebook page for pro-breastfeeding site Free to Feed. She wrote: “I feel I need to share a horrific experience I had today at my local Primark store in Leicester. “My 9.5 month old daughter started crying, needing a feed and the queues were pretty long, so to save my daughter the upset, and the other customers too, I decided to find a quiet spot out the way of others and feed her discreetly.

“Within five minutes of doing so, I was approached by a security guard who asked me to vacate the premises to feed my daughter. I stood my ground and stated my rights, that I can legally feed where I want.. Just for the security officer to physically remove my daughter from my breast and walk down the store with her, saying if I wanted my daughter, then I was to come and get her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/14/primark-investigates-allegations-security-guard-breastfeeding-baby-nursing-mother_n_7791618.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Back to top Go down

Primark Breastfeeding Mother Alleges Security Guard Snatched Nursing Baby From Her Empty Re: Primark Breastfeeding Mother Alleges Security Guard Snatched Nursing Baby From Her

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Follow up:

“The CCTV footage, reviewed by store management, shows the customer in the Leicester store quite clearly during the time in question. We can see no evidence that she was approached by anyone during this period.

“We have spoken to the security guards on duty. They categorically deny behaving in the way alleged. Furthermore the individuals do not fit the description given by the customer. [Starmer later told another media outlet the security guard in question was Asian and around 5ft 10ins tall.]

“We have therefore concluded that the customer allegation is not supported by the available evidence to date. The company would obviously be happy to work with any police investigation into this incident, should this be needed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/14/primark--cctv-shows-no-evidence-nursing-mothers-child-snatched-breast-_n_7792962.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

So things get interesting and a racial element is introduced.
This could very well be a hoax and a very vindictive one at that. I mean using the discrmination of breastfeeding mothers, to incite some racial tension would be appalling. I cannot be sure and this needs to be investigated. Of course they could be lying at Primark but a complaint to the Police has been made.

Back to top Go down

Primark Breastfeeding Mother Alleges Security Guard Snatched Nursing Baby From Her Empty Re: Primark Breastfeeding Mother Alleges Security Guard Snatched Nursing Baby From Her

Post by eddie Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Perhaps it has sweet FA to do with race??
She is just a liar and lied to get attention. I didn't even Need to read your second post to tell me it was a lie.
The story sounded absurd and unreal.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:40 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps it has sweet FA to do with race??
She is just a liar and lied to get attention. I didn't even Need to read your second post to tell me it was a lie.
The story sounded absurd and unreal.

Prehaps it does Eddie, who knows, but why this?

“We have spoken to the security guards on duty. They categorically deny behaving in the way alleged. Furthermore the individuals do not fit the description given by the customer. [Starmer later told another media outlet the security guard in question was Asian and around 5ft 10ins tall.]

It would be interesting to see the facebook comments.
I will await till the Police have seen the CCTV. I think its a hoax too and very much attention seeking but it also could be racially motivated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down