NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men accept unfairness from pretty women, study finds

2 posters

Go down

Men accept unfairness from pretty women, study finds Empty Men accept unfairness from pretty women, study finds

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Males are more likely to tolerate "unfair offers" from females if they are attractive, a study into the effects of beauty on our responses has claimed.

In 'The undermining effect of facial attractiveness on brain responses to fairness in the Ultimatum Game', published in the journal Frontiers in Neuroscience, researchers investigated "the time course of the neural processing of facial attractiveness and its influence on fairness consideration during social interactions".

Male participants were shown images of 'attractive and unattractive' female faces, as ranked by a separate group, each proposing how to split ¥10 between herself and the responder in a deal responders were told actually existed.

After analysing the data, the co-authors came up with this conclusion:

To summarize, the "beauty premium" influenced responder fairness during the Ultimate Game . Unfair offers from attractive female allocators were more acceptable to the male subjects, and the males presented with fluctuating reaction times to the five offers in comparison with a stable reaction pattern in the unattractive-face condition. The event-related potentials data supported the behavioral findings. In the early feedback-related negativity (FRN) and late stages of outcome evaluation, the subjects' fairness consideration was undermined by the “beauty premium,” which resulted in null FRN effects in the attractive-face condition. Additionally, the time course of brain responses to facial attractiveness illustrated that attractive faces elicited a decreased early negativity and an enhanced late positive potential compared with unattractive faces.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/men-accept-unfairness-from-pretty-girls-study-finds-10375280.html

Interesting. As I do not allow for many times,unfairness by some ladies here. Their looks have no persuasion capabilities as I do not accept their unfairness and speak out on them when they do.

Fancy that eh. Science helping me see clarity in a situation that is wrong.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Men accept unfairness from pretty women, study finds Empty Re: Men accept unfairness from pretty women, study finds

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Hahahaha you don't know what we look like you plonker so your last sentence is nonsense!!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Men accept unfairness from pretty women, study finds Empty Re: Men accept unfairness from pretty women, study finds

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:19 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahaha you don't know what we look like you plonker so your last sentence is nonsense!!!

Of course Eddie, but even you can admit it was funny.

Its good to have that kind of banter, its harmless and fun

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:21 pm

Okay......
Sounded like you meant it to me...?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Women on the other hand have very little tolerance for daft men.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:26 pm

Nothing worse than an idiot
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:28 pm

My Wife often says to me " you daft old bugger" do you think she means it?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:31 pm

nicko wrote:My Wife often says to me " you daft old bugger"     do you think she means it?

Yes!! lol!

But I'm certain she loves the bones of you :-)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:36 pm

eddie wrote:Okay......
Sounded like you meant it to me...?

I could not mean it Eddie because I have not seen you all lol That is the point. Though I have seen a picture of sassy she has posted herself as her avatar. So I am afraiid in her case it would be clear her looks have uitterly no influence on me. So to you and others it was banter, but I cannot say the same for Sassy, I have to be honest. Razz

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Oh, cut to the quick - not. I gave up suffering fools gladly years ago, and fool is a compliment for Didge.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:42 pm

sassy wrote:Oh, cut to the quick - not.  I gave up suffering fools gladly years ago, and fool is a compliment for Didge.

You're not heartbroken then? Basketball
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:44 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:Oh, cut to the quick - not.  I gave up suffering fools gladly years ago, and fool is a compliment for Didge.

LOL, I'd be more worried if he said anything else Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:44 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

LOL, I'd be more worried if he said anything else Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Hahahahahaha fair point lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down