NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule

Go down

Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule Empty Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Something extraordinary happened a few minutes ago in the House of Commons chamber. It wasn't the fact that MPs voted against the addition of a new clause to the Scotland Bill that would have paved the way for Full Fiscal Autonomy. It wasn't even the fact that they did so by 504 votes to 58 - that was expected, because we knew that Labour and the Tories would both vote against. No, it was the fact that the result was greeted by deafening cheers - which, by definition, came almost exclusively from non-Scottish MPs.

We don't yet know the exact breakdown of the figures, but it's near-enough certain that the result among elected Scottish MPs was well over 50 in favour of Full Fiscal Autonomy, and only 3 against. Among non-Scottish MPs, there must have been almost 500 votes against Full Fiscal Automony, and probably less than 10 in favour (the only likely possibilities are the 3 Plaid Cymru MPs and Caroline Lucas, and maybe the odd Tory like Edward Leigh). In a nutshell, then, this was a straightforward battle between Scotland and the rest of the UK - and Scotland lost. We lost simply because there are far more of 'them' than there are of 'us'. The fact that this happened on an exclusively Scottish piece of legislation, at a time when we're constantly told that Scotland has no business having any influence at all on English laws, is nothing short of breathtaking.

What the hell did English Tory and Labour MPs think they were cheering about? Did they persuade the Scottish electorate of the case against Full Fiscal Autonomy? No. Did they persuade Scotland's elected representatives? No. Scotland said Yes, but the London parties said No, and they presume to decide on our behalf. If I'd been in their shoes, I wouldn't have been whooping in those circumstances, I'd have been sheepishly looking at the floor and hoping that someone would change the subject as a matter of some urgency. By logical deduction, it can only be that they were consciously cheering the fact that they'd just overruled a democratic election result and got away with it.

Or rather, they think they've got away with it. Over the last few weeks, they've been demonstrating the case for independence more eloquently and effectively than the SNP ever could, but they don't even seem to have noticed. Hell mend them.

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/deafening-cheers-as-westminster.html

Back to top Go down

Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule Empty Re: Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:25 pm

and of course the jocks hung their heads in shame when they took all the seats...lol

sour grapes perhaps.....

Back to top Go down

Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule Empty Re: Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:and of course the jocks hung their heads in shame when they took all the seats...lol

sour grapes perhaps.....
how can you point so many times and still show your face is of constant amazement and amusement to me .....and i am sure many others on hear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:38 pm

korban dallas wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:and of course the jocks hung their heads in shame when they took all the seats...lol

sour grapes perhaps.....
how can you point so many times and still show your face is of constant amazement and amusement  to me .....and i am sure many others on hear

what an odd thing to say, I don't show my face on here, I just post comments...

Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:51 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
how can you point so many times and still show your face is of constant amazement and amusement  to me .....and i am sure many others on hear

what an odd thing to say, I don't show my face on here, I just post comments...

Deafening cheers as Westminster celebrates using English votes to block Scottish Home Rule Z
yes it was DoH!!
i missed out "miss the "

how can you MISS THE point so many times and still show your face is of constant amazement and amusement to me .....and i am sure many

and what you could not be bothered to use the picture posting advise instruction and bloody link i gave you to stop these two pages of sodding code you have in your posts when you reply how very inconsiderate of you

well keep it up because from now on if i reply and its two pages of code ....i wont bother and a suggest others perhaps do the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Well, they have finished off the Union, because they have just proved they lied completely to Scotland and the only way for Scotland now is independence.   Can see a new referendum coming a lot sooner now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:46 pm

It's war Twisted Evil
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:51 pm

Never heard anything so disgusting in the House of Commons, they should be bloody ashamed of themselves. How dare they treat part of Britain as if they are inferior citizens, who the hell do they think they are. It just shows their mindset!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down