NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage

+4
nicko
Ben Reilly
Lurker
veya_victaous
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage Empty Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:29 pm

The BBC has been forced to defend its coverage of the death of former South African President Nelson Mandela after more than 1,300 viewers complained that it was excessive.

As of today the BBC had received 1,350 complaints from viewers, including some who grumbled about the comedy programme 'Mrs Brown's Boys' being interrupted. Programme chiefs broke into a repeat of the BBC1 sitcom to break the news.
A number of the complainants said that too much time was spent reflecting on the death of Mr Mandela and not enough on the record storm surge that hit Britain on the same night.

BBC News director, James Harding, defended the corporation's coverage saying Mr Mandela was a man of "singular significance" and the "most significant statesman of the last 100 years".
A BBC spokeswoman said today: "Nelson Mandela was a hugely significant world leader with an enormous political and cultural influence across the world. His death is of considerable interest to our audiences at home and across the globe.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-receives-1350-complaints-for-excessive-mandela-coverage-including-some-viewers-angry-at-interruption-of-mrs-browns-boys-8993369.html

Back to top Go down

Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage Empty Re: Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 pm

okay for the good of mankind who ever complained because "mrs browns boys" was not on, should be put down. they could not possibly have enough redeeming factors to make up for their complete distain for Art, Culture and basic intelligence.  So Obviously they are the sort of 'person'(to use the term loosely) that goes "TV showing balck man? not making with the funny? me angry Mad  Mad  Mad '
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage Empty Re: Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:42 am

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:20 am

"1,350 complaints from viewers"? That's about as important as a gnat fart. That's not many. I'm sure there are more racists than that who were upset.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:17 am

Haha, quick check says there are more than 5,000 people per square kilometer in London, so we're talking about maybe the population of a square quarter-kilometer in London that complained. In the media our rule of thumb is that for every one person who complains there are nine others who are angry, so we're talking 13,500 irritated people at best in a kingdom of 63 million ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:17 am

@ben
You're Missing the Point
Mrs Browns Boys is TERRIBLE  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz 
So Even in Death Nelson Mandela improves societies around the world  :D  :D  Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage Empty not all good

Post by nicko Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:50 am

I was in s.a. when a bomb was detonated in a shopping center,bits of bodies scattered all over.one lump of flesh and bone was a 3yr old, it was a little girl could not tell what it was till later. mandela did not place the bomb himself,it was the ANC but he ordered it. a man who was friends with Mugabe,gadafi and castro and many other dictators all soaked in the blood of innocents.this world wide display of grief is sickening.just exactly what did he do to make SA a better place? the country is a hotbed of robbery, rape and murder. the country is now run by a load of blacks who are only in it for themselves!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Everybody knows what happened nicko but they are ignoring it.

As everybody said when Obama had a chance to get in - certain sectors of the community ignored the politics and concentrated on colour only.

They tore up America to make a point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:16 pm

....watching the memorial service now, very inspiring, especially President Obama's address  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Lurker wrote:"1,350 complaints from viewers"? That's about as important as a gnat fart. That's not many. I'm sure there are more racists than that who were upset.

Do you see Racists under the Bed ? as for the BBC they will react to ONE complaint if it is from  '' Certain people ''.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Catman wrote:....watching the memorial service now, very inspiring, especially President Obama's address  cheers

Good day Phil , will this inspire you to openly accept all people as Mandela preached ?

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:26 pm

YearProgrammeNumber of complaintsOutcome
1995 The Last Temptation of Christ 1,554, most pre-transmission Not upheld
2001 Brass Eye 992 (an equal number in support of show) Upheld in part
1992 Spitting Image 341 complaints about image of God Upheld in part
2003 Uefa Champions League trailer on ITV 223 Upheld
2003 Living with Michael Jackson 171, some from fans in US Not upheld
2002 The Bill 170 about a gay kiss Not upheld
1999 Queer as Folk 163 Not upheld but suggested a helpline would be useful
1997 Against Nature 151 about distorted editing of interviews Upheld
1994 With Walls, Hell's Angel 134 about offensive portrayal of Mother Theresa Not upheld
1998 Undercover Britain 123 about bias in favour of gun clubs Not upheld
2001 This Morning 117 about a gay wedding Not upheld
2003 Palestine is Still the Issue 116 Not upheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:30 pm

The above were the 12 most complained about programmes on British TV from  1995 to 2003.

The number who have complained about the BBC coverage is a huge number - it's probably a lot more now.

http://media.theguardian.com/broadcast/table/0,7493,1108273,00.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:33 pm

@ 'Kaka' You aren't kaka....He can't string a sentence together and you can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:53 pm

Catman wrote:@ 'Kaka' You aren't kaka....He can't string a sentence together and you can.

Come on Phil, not on here please.

Let's make this the holy site of forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:57 pm

@ BA.....Yes on here! I've been reading the crap that Kaka posts for about seven or eight years and that isn't him, sorry i'm not playing along with this shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Hello

• Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage MTty8js

From ALLAKAKA To BigAndy9, Today at 3:43 pm
BigAndy9 wrote:Did you join newsfix last night?

Just checking it's you.

Yes its me for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:21 pm

On the morning of 16 June 1976, between 10,000 and 20,000[14] black students walked from their schools to Orlando Stadium for a rally to protest against having to learn through Afrikaans in school. Many students who later participated in the protest arrived at school that morning without prior knowledge of the protest, yet agreed to become involved. The protest was planned by the Soweto Students' Representative Council's (SSRC) Action Committee,[15] with support from the wider Black Consciousness Movement. Teachers in Soweto also supported the march after the Action Committee emphasised good discipline and peaceful action.
Tsietsi Mashinini led students from Morris Isaacson High School to join up with others who walked from Naledi High School.[16] The students began the march only to find out that police had barricaded the road along their intended route. The leader of the action committee asked the crowd not to provoke the police and the march continued on another route, eventually ending up near Orlando High School.[17] The crowd of between 3,000 and 10,000 students made their way towards the area of the school. Students sang and waved placards with slogans such as, "Down with Afrikaans", "Viva Azania" and "If we must do Afrikaans, Vorster must do Zulu".[18]
A 2006 BBC/SABC documentary corroborated the testimony of Colonel Kleingeld, the police officer who fired the first shot, with eyewitness accounts from both sides. In Kleingeld's account, some of the children started throwing stones as soon as they spotted the police patrol, while others continued to march peacefully. Colonel Kleingeld drew his handgun and fired a shot, causing panic and chaos. Students started screaming and running and more gunshots were fired.[19]
The police loosed their dogs on the protesters, who responded by stoning the dogs to death. The police then began to shoot directly at the children.
One of the first students to be shot dead was 13-year-old Hector Pieterson. He was shot at Orlando West High School and became the symbol of the Soweto uprising.[20] The police attacks on the demonstrators continued and 23 people, including two white people, died on the first day in Soweto. Among them was Dr Melville Edelstein, who had devoted his life to social welfare among blacks.[21] He was stoned to death by the mob and left with a sign around his neck proclaiming 'Beware Afrikaners' .[22]
The violence escalated as bottle stores, and beer halls – seen as outposts of the apartheid government – were targeted as were the official outposts of the state. The violence abated by nightfall. Police vans and armoured vehicles patrolled the streets throughout the night.
Emergency clinics were swamped with injured and bloody children. The police requested that the hospital provide a list of all victims with bullet wounds. The hospital administrator passed this request to the doctors, but the doctors refused to create the list. Doctors recorded bullet wounds as abscesses.[13][20]
The 1,500 heavily armed police officers deployed to Soweto on 17 June carried weapons including automatic rifles, stun guns, and carbines.[13] They drove around in armoured vehicles with helicopters monitoring the area from the sky. The South African Army was also ordered on standby as a tactical measure to show military force. Crowd control methods used by South African police at the time included mainly dispersement techniques.
Casualties
The number of people who died is usually given as 176 with estimates up to 700.[4] The original government figure claimed only 23 students were killed,[23] the number of wounded was estimated to be over a thousand people.

And of course, according to some, they should have sat down and taken it.   Big Andy, Kaka, Nico, racist bigots, I don't go in for hedging round the truth.

I'm really sorry for you Ben if they have joined.  Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:27 pm

@ sassy, they are far right trash Sassy and i could never respect scum like that.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:48 pm

I do hope that the hostility of the Posters CATMAN and SASSY are not reflective of the Administration of this of this site as I'm sure that would put off any of the prospective members about to join here.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:52 pm

@ The poster claiming to be Kaka, it would only put off other racist bigots, and the less of those the better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Actually what's putting me off is some of the distortion of facts I'm seeing here from a few of our new members. And before anybody thinks I'm afraid to ban members and shrink our rolls, this site was getting along just fine when we only had a half-dozen or fewer actives, and it was never set up to become popular or gain lots of members.

Nobody's making a dime off this site, and I set it up to be a nice place for discussion among a small group of old online buddies. But when I see in another thread someone essentially stating that American black people voted for Obama because of his race and proceeded to tear the country apart, it makes me wonder whether they're capable of accepting facts and speaking in non-combat language.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually what's putting me off is some of the distortion of facts I'm seeing here from a few of our new members. And before anybody thinks I'm afraid to ban members and shrink our rolls, this site was getting along just fine when we only had a half-dozen or fewer actives, and it was never set up to become popular or gain lots of members.

Nobody's making a dime off this site, and I set it up to be a nice place for discussion among a small group of old online buddies. But when I see in another thread someone essentially stating that American black people voted for Obama because of his race and proceeded to tear the country apart, it makes me wonder whether they're capable of accepting facts and speaking in non-combat language.

And can you point out any distorted facts I have posted that warrants these unprovoked attacks , but are you actually saying that YOU personally do not want members for personal reasons.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Just speaking generally, allakaka, and I'm saying that this site is not for people who are looking to spread bigotry-motivated falsehoods -- if that makes sense Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Hello Ben - I only post facts:

"Clueless" actress Stacey Dash has plenty to say when it comes to the current Obama administration.

The 46-year-old actress — who was an outspoken supporter of Mitt Romney in 2012 but actually supported Barack Obama four years earlier — admits to Fox News “I didn’t know anything about [Obama] when I voted for him in 2008. My choice to do so was purely because he was black."

Actor Samuel L. Jackson has admitted that he became a supporter of Barack Obama in 2008 because of his race.

In an interview for Ebony magazine's March issue, the Oscar-nominated screen legend says his decision to vote for Mr Obama was nothing to do with his political beliefs.

'I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,' Mr Jackson told the magazine, according to the New York Post.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/stacey-dash-says-obama-administration-bullies-2013-9#ixzz2n5oubwBg

Now, we all know I could fill this site with those who proudly shout that fact from the rooftops.

I won't shy away from any subject and if you don't want me here so be it.  I will always be respectful of other posters and will do my best to follow the rules.

If I post my opinion then i'll make it clear it's my opinion but I usually just post what I see in the news.

Best Regards.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Just speaking generally, allakaka, and I'm saying that this site is not for people who are looking to spread bigotry-motivated falsehoods -- if that makes sense Smile

Then your comments should be directed at those who have just shown it , or are you a supporter of bigotry ?

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:14 pm

I remember seeing one prominent black American stating "if he wasn't black we'd be marching on the White House (when they were in financial difficulty) but we won't do that because that will give them (whites) satisfaction."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Dude, you can't find enough people to shout it from the rooftops to make it true, is the thing. Obama is a Democrat. Here's how the black community votes in America:

1964: 94 percent Democrat

1968: 85 percent Democrat

1972: 87 percent Democrat

1976: 85 percent Democrat

1980: 86 percent Democrat

1984: 89 percent Democrat

1988: 88 percent Democrat

1992: 82 percent Democrat

1996: 84 percent Democrat

2000: 90 percent Democrat

2004: 88 percent Democrat

2008: 95 percent Democrat

2012: 93 percent Democrat

Before the last two elections, every Democrat running for president was white. So we're going to take 50 years of elections and decide that because the candidate was black in the last two, the overwhelming support from the black community was based completely on race in those elections, and disregard the fact that the community's vote closely resembled their vote for the seven or eight white men who were running as Democrats before?

What about all the white people who wouldn't vote for Obama no matter what his policies were simply because he's black?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I remember seeing one prominent black American stating "if he wasn't black we'd be marching on the White House (when they were in financial difficulty) but we won't do that because that will give them (whites) satisfaction."

Wrong. The black Congressman in question said:

"If [former President] Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House. There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh well done Ben, I can see I'm gonna like you LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks! I just find that things that may seem true when you look at them in isolation and draw broad conclusions from them are often false when you zoom out and study the bigger picture.

And I couldn't let a misquote like that one slide; that was a doozy Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Well, it gave me a giggle LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I remember seeing one prominent black American stating "if he wasn't black we'd be marching on the White House (when they were in financial difficulty) but we won't do that because that will give them (whites) satisfaction."

Wrong. The black Congressman in question said:

"If [former President] Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House. There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president."

Close Ben. Close.

The institutional anti-white nature of the controlled media has been spectacularly exposed with reports that the leader of America’s “Black Congressional Caucus” has glibly announced that Obama Barack’s race is the only reason why blacks have not marched on the White House.
If a white politician had dared to say anything like that—but in reverse—the media would have gone into a frenzy, and the world would have been bombarded with stories of “racism” for weeks, if not months or years without end.
According to an article published in the Miami Herald, and then repeated in a large number of other outlets (such as CBS News), CBC chairman Emanuel Cleaver (a Democrat congressman from Missouri), when asked about the black unemployment rate, said that the CBC “probably would be marching on the White House” if Obama were not president.
“If [former President] Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House,” Mr Cleaver told the Miami Herald.
“There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president.”
Unemployment among blacks in the US is currently running at 16.7 percent, double the nationwide rate.
Mr Cleaver’s remarks have been reported in low key news items, without any comment. But imagine if a white congressman had announced that whites were going to march (or not) on the White House just because of the race of its incumbent? All hell would have broken loose.
The core of the problem lies in modern white liberalism, which has pre-programmed its victims into accepting any form of ethnocentricism from a nonwhite group, while simultaneously dismissing any similar comment from a white group as “racist.”
In fact, it is not “racist” for any group to look after its own interests. On the contrary, it is perfectly natural, and indeed normal.
The only abnormality of the current situation is the white self-hate and guilt which the ruling elite, and their controlled media, have instilled into white people the world over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:58 pm

You need to zoom out and look at the facts.

The  Black Congressional Caucus.

It's little things like that which matter, isn't it?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:02 pm

For the Brits on here who don't know much about these things (me too, i'm learning):

All past and present members of the caucus have been black. In 2006, while running for Congress in a Tennessee district which is 60% black, white candidate Steve Cohen pledged to apply for membership in order to represent his constituents. However, after his election his application was refused. Although the bylaws of the caucus do not make race a prerequisite for membership, former and current members of the caucus agreed that the group should remain "exclusively black".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:03 pm

“There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president.”

Which is what Ben said and race is not mentioned.   What is it with you people that you have to trail your hatred everywhere you go, does it cling to you and leave you unable to be anything else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:05 pm

You are absolutely, without-a-doubt, 100 percent full of it, Andy. I don't have the time or inclination to correct you on everything, but the biggest false statement you've made is that the media is controlled. I've worked in the media for nearly 20 years now and I can tell you for a fact that we barely have control of our own operations -- never mind some fantasy of a shadowy liberal elite telling us what to say.

Yes, black people are more likely to be unemployed here in America. But did you know this?

"You do not wipe away the scars of centuries by saying: 'now, you are free to go where you want, do as you desire, and choose the leaders you please.' You do not take a man who for years has been hobbled by chains, liberate him, bring him to the starting line of a race, saying, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe you have been completely fair... This is the next and more profound stage of the battle for civil rights. We seek not just freedom but opportunity—not just legal equity but human ability—not just equality as a right and a theory, but equality as a fact and as a result."

- President Lyndon Baines Johnson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:07 pm

A speech that certainly elevated Johnson in my eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:10 pm

So who has control of the media's operations Ben.

To make something clear - that was an excerpt from an American news site - as I have said, it will usually be clear when I publish an opinion.  I thought it was clear that was copied and pasted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Keep learning about the CBC, Andy. You might want to consider that they're people just like us and may very well not have had a diabolical reason for forming! It's always nice to start by giving people some benefit of the doubt, no? Especially when you're just now starting to learn about them.

Who has control of the media? Well, who has control of the Nestle Corporation? Who has control of Microsoft? Who has control of McDonalds? At my media company, the CEO has control. Don't you think that's probably the case for every media company?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Catman wrote:@ sassy, they are far right trash Sassy and i could never respect scum like that.  Twisted Evil

What a nasty little Bigot , I came here openly with no intent to bring up crap and this is how you behave.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Oh bless, you should go on tour with jokes like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:11 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:
Catman wrote:@ sassy, they are far right trash Sassy and i could never respect scum like that.  Twisted Evil

What a nasty little Bigot , I came here openly  with no intent to bring up crap and this is how you behave.

You have the gaul to call me a bigot with all of the nasty racist and homophobic bile that you have posted over the years  No ...Perhaps you've forgotten because you aren't the real kaka.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Sassy wrote:Oh bless, you should go on tour with jokes like that.

Do the Admin know of your Bannings from other sites for your Nazi type bigotry ,

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:24 pm

You are such a card, you mean banning from Flap because I showed them up? Oh I'm really proud of that. If I was accepted in Flap I'd cut my throat for being so low.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 pm

I've got my eye on you guys ... let's keep it civil.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Sassy wrote:You are such a card, you mean banning from Flap because I showed them up?   Oh I'm really proud of that.   If I was accepted in Flap I'd cut my throat for being so low.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I said that i'd rather cut off my testicles!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:09 am

nicko wrote:I was in s.a. when a bomb was detonated in a shopping center,bits of bodies scattered all over.one lump of flesh and bone was a 3yr old, it was a little girl could not tell what it was till later. mandela did not place the bomb himself,it was the ANC but he ordered it. a man who was friends with Mugabe,gadafi and castro and many other dictators all soaked in the blood of innocents.this world wide display of grief is sickening.just exactly what did he do to make SA a better place? the country is a hotbed of robbery, rape and murder. the country is now run by a load of blacks who are only in it for themselves!

The struggle to fight against apartheid only turned into a military style campaign following the Sharpville massacre when the South African police opened fire and killed people who were protesting against the draconain pass laws that restricted the movement of the black population and where they were able to reside. If that situation was reversed here in the UK what would you do?
The bomb in the shopping centre was the nail bomb attack I believe which was carried out by a more extreme ANC supporter who ignored the campaign which was supposed to be against military targets only. Much like our own BNP nail bomber, Copland, who nail bombed a London pub frequented by people from the ethnic and the gay connunity.
And just for the record. The blessed Margaret Thatcher was also friends with Mugabi and Gaddafi both of whom were on her christmas card list as well as Saddam Hussein.
Choose your friends carefully is always good advice - in hindsight.
Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage Margaret%20Thatcher%20Archive-1776989
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:28 am

I think the amount of coverage the BBC and the media in general are giving to the death of Nelson Mandela reflects the measure of the man and how revered he is in the interntional community.
He was given the freedom of the City of Edinburgh in 1997 and there is a statue in the city to commorate the struggle against apartheid.
A picture paints a thousand words.

Thousands Complain To BBC About Excessive Mandela Coverage 2Q==
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:31 am

Beautiful statue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next