NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight

+6
eddie
gerber
Original Quill
veya_victaous
Lone Wolf
Ben Reilly
10 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight - Page 5 Empty UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:38 am

First topic message reminder :

UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight - Page 5 1975233_10152073367156359_329380471_n_1395319333749_3511498_ver1.0_640_480

In what officials called the "best lead" of the nearly two-week-old aviation mystery, a satellite detected two objects floating about 1,000 miles off the coast of Australia and halfway to the desolate islands of the Antarctic.
The development raised new hope of finding the vanished jet and sent another emotional jolt to the families of the 239 people aboard.

Sarah Bajc, whose boyfriend, American Philip Wood, was aboard the plane, is one of those anxiously awaiting news.

"I'm desperate to hear it is an airplane wing and there are survivors clinging to it, and one of them is Philip," she told CBS News by email. "I'm apprehensive it will be unrelated and the wait will just continue after many more hours of misery."

"I am prepared for dead bodies," she wrote, "but I am not prepared for never knowing."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-possible-debris-from-missing-plane-spotted/

UPDATE link: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/24/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight - Page 5 Empty Re: UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:26 am

[size=64]Map Shows 634 Runways in Range for Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane[/size]

http://mashable.com/2014/03/16/malaysia-airlines-runways/

My politics have taught me not to believe the obvious and being optomistic I never have ...... ::dunno::
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight - Page 5 Empty Re: UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:33 am

See that bit that says Indian Ocean, slightly to the right of it, not a one! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:39 am

Sassy wrote:See that bit that says Indian Ocean, slightly to the right of it, not a one! lol

I can sometimes go left  cheers
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:41 am

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

That was quick!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:51 am

On my ironing board full steam ahead......   Evil or Very Mad 

" Australia is no longer convinced the satellite images that supposedly depicted debris fields in the southern Indian Ocean are bits of floating plane fuselage or flotsam associated with the wreck of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
A senior source close to the search said it had cooled on its belief that a debris field of 122 objects was related to plane wreckage. The source also said that reports a Thai satellite had located a separate debris field of some 300 objects were not being treated as credible by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority or the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/search-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-shifts-to-new-area-west-of-perth/story-fnizu68q-1226867213460
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:15 pm

does anyone else think they showed some undue haste in declaring the passengers definitely dead...

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:20 pm

BEEKEEPER your so much of a fcuking expert on every thing,and us English are so useless on every thing we do,go back and fcuk a jambuck,it's what you do best.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:13 pm

A plane has spotted "objects" in the new area of the Indian Ocean being searched for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, Australian officials say.

The sightings would need confirmation by ship, which is not expected until tomorrow, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (Amsa) said.

Earlier it was announced the search would now focus on an area 1,100km (700 miles) north-east of the previous zone.

The identity of the objects - spotted by a Royal New Zealand Air Force Orion - were "to be established", Amsa said.

The crew said they had spotted 11 unidentified objects, the BBC's Phil Mercer reports from the western Australian city of Perth.

The images hold out the prospect of up-to-date information, as opposed to satellite images which are invariably days out of date by the time they are seen by investigators, our correspondent adds.

Earlier, the Australian and Malaysian governments said the focus on the new search area was based on further analysis of radar data that showed the plane had been travelling faster, thus burning more fuel.

28 March 2014 Last updated at 11:52

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26786549

Just been watching the broadcast from Perth. The planes and ships don't have to travel quite so far to search, but the conditions are still the same. Very, very difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:does anyone else think they showed some undue haste in declaring the passengers definitely dead...
yes because they haven't found anything and i still think they are hiding information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Sorry VOD, think you are talking rubbish. So many people are putting their hearts and souls into finding this plane, and they have said they are not going to stop until they find proof. I happen to think it rather disrespectful to the people risking so much (would you like to be looking for a piece of flotsum in 19ft waves) to find some closure for the relatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:46 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:does anyone else think they showed some undue haste in declaring the passengers definitely dead...
yes because they haven't found anything and i still think they are hiding information

Sorry Sassy

I tend to have the same thoughts.  And am sure they ( The Malasyians ) are hiding vital information.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:56 pm

gerber wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

Sorry Sassy

I tend to have the same thoughts.  And am sure they ( The Malasyians ) are hiding vital information.

i agree something is wrong..

they were under pressure to tell the families something but to say they are definitely dead and they have found conclusive evidence seems very odd..

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
gerber wrote:

Sorry Sassy

they were under pressure to tell the families something but to say they are definitely dead and they have found conclusive evidence seems very odd..

Unless the conclusive evidence is in the sealed documents that are held by the Malaysians

" The families’ anger has not diminished this week; the Straits Times reported that Malaysian authorities infuriated passengers’ loved ones by telling them at a briefing this week that there was “sealed evidence that cannot be made public” in relation to the missing flight.
“The sealed evidence included air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings,” the paper reported.
The remarks by Malaysian authorities — made at the Metropark Lido Hotel in Beijing — have not been reported by other major newspapers, despite being widely shared on social media.

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=252491:bungle-after-bungle-malaysia-now-admits-keeping-sealed-evidence-from-mh370-next-of-kin&Itemid=2#ixzz2xGmZid00 
Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:01 pm

gerber wrote:

Unless the conclusive evidence is in the sealed documents that are held by the Malaysians

" The families’ anger has not diminished this week; the Straits Times reported that Malaysian authorities infuriated passengers’ loved ones by telling them at a briefing this week that there was “sealed evidence that cannot be made public” in relation to the missing flight.
“The sealed evidence included air traffic control radio transcript, radar data and airport security recordings,” the paper reported.
The remarks by Malaysian authorities — made at the Metropark Lido Hotel in Beijing — have not been reported by other major newspapers, despite being widely shared on social media.

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=252491:bungle-after-bungle-malaysia-now-admits-keeping-sealed-evidence-from-mh370-next-of-kin&Itemid=2#ixzz2xGmZid00 

The plot thickens, wonder what they could be...

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:18 pm

gerber wrote:

If you enjoy reading take a butchers at this

much to detailed to post

link

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/03/25/flight-mh370-found-not-quite-now-the-real-whitewash-begins/

quite alot of detail about the British company involved.....
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:38 pm

gerber wrote:

If you enjoy reading take a butchers at this

much to detailed to post

link

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/03/25/flight-mh370-found-not-quite-now-the-real-whitewash-begins/

quite alot of detail about the British company involved.....

there has always been odd things about this situation and that information just takes it further wide of the ordinary...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Well I'm afraid Gerbs I'll take what they say with a very large pinch of salt.   The first thing that got my antennae up was 'Although McInerney went on to reinforce the White House myth that Osama bin Laden was killed in 2011 at his compound in Pakistan' half way down the page.   The myth?   Then I went to look at who they are - set up to combat the 'myths' of climate change.   Ok, in that case, I'll wait for someone else to discuss it.

Who knows, and there were definitely reports of the islanders seeing a plane, but I'm still not convinced.

The International Business Times has an article on it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/malaysia-airlines-flight-spotted-maldives-examining-latest-theory-mh370-1562221

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:46 pm

I believe the Malaysians are not to be trusted.

Just by way of example, last night on Hardball, Chris Matthews had a Malay spokesperson. Those who know Chris Matthews know he won't take any bullshit. The spokesperson announced that "the government has new facts causing them to look into the pilot."

Matthews interrupted and demanded to know "what were the 'new facts?'"

The official said the government thinks "the pilot's wife is not being forthcoming."

"Why?"

"Because the person I spoke with said he did not trust her?"

"Why?"

"Because that is what he said."

"Why?"

"We will just have to wait and see."

Then Matthews said: "In other words, you are just wasting our time."

You see in that brief clip the cultural differences. The Malaysians expect that they will not be questioned, and they feel comfortable saying that it is fact because we believe it is fact. This is a typical authoritarian mindset. They confuse facts with authority, and hence we cannot trust them.

I believe this whole investigation went wrong when someone said the aircraft turned south. Why? The investigators are unable to tell us why. The mumbo-jumbo about some new technology or calculation, never before used, telling us the plane went south, is the weakest link yet in everything they have to say. Why do we accept this? Because we are all sheep.

I'm with you, gerber. I like thinking about the uncommon thoughts and possibilities--I believe they call it thinking outside the box. And I particularly don't like being handed pablum, having no more basis that this is some new calculation which has never been tried before. FCS that's all the more reason to doubt it. Yet they have us all skittering around the south Indian Ocean with no more than this?

Frankly, there is no reason to believe the plane flew south of the equator.

UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight - Page 5 Biotas

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Odd, on a previous post you said you thought it had gone to Diego Garcia. That's south of the equator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Diego Garcia...7.3133° S, 72.4111° E. I guess it is just over the equator, but not by much.

WorldAtlas wrote:The British Indian Ocean Territory (B.I.O.T.), once an individually controlled, widespread archipelago of over 2,300 small islands, is positioned in the Indian Ocean near the Equator, about 1,000 miles southwest of India.

Anyway, Diego Garcia is related to the idea the CIA is involved. Today I'm limiting myself to what we know as fact. We have no basis in fact to claim the plane flew south.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Well, as each degree of latitude is approx 70 miles, thats over 500 miles south of the equator. Not 'just' in my book. And the 'only' things we 'know' are the 'pings'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Australian authorities have released an image taken by search planes looking for missing flight MH370 in a new area in the Indian Ocean.

The image shows two apparently white objects, one rectangular and one circular, floating in the sea inside a new search area for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.

A tweet from the Australian Marine Safety Authority (AMSA) said a Royal New Zealand Air Force P-3 Orion aircraft first spotted the objects on Friday.

The sightings, which AMSA said included two rectangular objects that were blue and grey - among the colours of the missing plane - will need to be confirmed by personnel on board ships involved in the search.

That is expected to take place on Saturday when the Chinese Maritime Administration patrol ship Haixun 01 moves into the area.

5:03pm UK, Friday 28 March 2014
http://news.sky.com/story/1233253/missing-plane-image-shows-objects-in-sea

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Sassy wrote:Well, as each degree of latitude is approx 70 miles, thats over 500 miles south of the equator.   Not 'just' in my book.   And the 'only' things we 'know' are the 'pings'.  

504 miles, exactly.

Pings?  Exactly.  We have nothing to go on and nothing to suggest an aircraft that began it's flight north of the equator, went into the drink in the south Indian Ocean.  Why go there?  There is nothing there, and it's far, far away from anything of importance.

I don't know, but it looks like a ruse.  And lo...no one is finding anything.   ::dunno::

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:44 pm

[size=33]The 727 that Vanished[/size]
A case pursued by the FBI, the CIA, the U.S. Departments of State and Homeland Security, CENTCOM, and the sister of Ben Padilla

Read more: http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/the-727-that-vanished-2371187/#ixzz2xHQw5mVO

Read more: http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/the-727-that-vanished-2371187/#BvtEHY3zmsH7PECr.99
Save 47% when you subscribe to Air & Space magazine http://bit.ly/NaSX4X
Follow us: @AirSpaceMag on Twitter

Where is the missing 727 ? missing Ben Padilla ? (story by then Washington Post writer John Mintz)
UPDATE: Malaysian P.M. says wreckage in satellite images was missing Malaysian flight - Page 5 Screen-Shot-2013-11-03-at-2.40.59-PM
There are many stories that I have covered over the years that I still think about often — and the story about the missing 727 in Africa, piloted by American Ben Charles Padilla, is one of them. How does a giant plane, a 727, simply vanish?  No oil slick was ever seen so you can conclude it did not crash into the ocean. 

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2013/11/03/where-is-the-missing-727-missing-ben-padilla-story-by-then-washington-post-writer-john-mintz/
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Well Gerbs, if we have another 9/11 we'll at least know the CIA is behind it!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Well...proving that aircraft can disappear.

But a 727 is not a 777.  A 727  is an old narrowbody design from the 1960s. It has 3 thin rear mounted engines and a T-tail with an engine embedded in it. This is pretty uncommon around the US due to age.  A 777 is a widebody developed in the 90s and is the largest two engined plane around. As usual two engines under the wings and a standard tail. However the engines are HUGE.

A 727 can probably be lost easily, but how do you lose a 777?  Well, I guess that's the point.

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:55 pm

How do you lose a 777? In a bloody great ocean, the largest area in the world without land.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Sassy wrote:Well Gerbs, if we have another 9/11 we'll at least know the CIA is behind it!   Laughing 

All Israeli Embassies closed due to strike action.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Sassy wrote:How do you lose a 777?   In a bloody great ocean, the largest area in the world without land.

Or you hide it someplace on dry land. The only two alternatives right now.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:Well Gerbs, if we have another 9/11 we'll at least know the CIA is behind it!   Laughing 

All Israeli Embassies closed due to strike action.

lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:13 pm

gerber wrote:
gerber wrote:

Sorry Sassy

Evening Gerber

I don't find it that unsual that the Malaysians are having to restrict much of what information they have because that may well be because of third party restrictions that have placed on it by whichever organisation or country that has passed it too them. It could well be for reasons of the supplying country's national security or even the data modelling that was used by Inmersat to identify the southern Indian Ocean as the most likely place where it crashed into the sea. We just don't know.
The Malaysians may well be getting all the flak but they may well be restricted in what they can actually say.
All this conspiracy stuff is just giving the families some hope again that their relatives are still alive and having had their hopes dashed once already I fear that they will be dashed again when they find the wreckage because I'm of the opinion that it's in the drink.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Evening Gerber

I don't find it that unsual that the Malaysians are having to restrict much of what information they have because that may well be because of third party restrictions that have placed on it by whichever organisation or country that has passed it too them. It could well be for reasons of the supplying country's national security or even the data modelling that was used by Inmersat to identify the southern Indian Ocean as the most likely place where it crashed into the sea. We just don't know.
The Malaysians may well be getting all the flak but they may well be restricted in what they can actually say.
All this conspiracy stuff is just giving the families some hope again that their relatives are still alive and having had their hopes dashed once already I fear that they will be dashed again when they find the wreckage because I'm of the opinion that it's in the drink.

Including the 'conspiracy theory' that the aircraft flew south from the Malacca Strait.

Hello Irn,

I don't mind the Malaysians keeping things close to their vest.  What I don't like is management of our opinions and concerns about the details.  

Last night, a Malaysian Airlines official took to the podium and announced that there is still hope that some of the passengers are still alive.  http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/03/29/malaysia-flight-370-passengers-alive-miracle-indian-ocean/  If this is true, we would certainly like a few more details.  How do they know passengers may be alive.  What is their basis in fact.

And if they are not going to give more, or there are not more facts to offer, what is the purpose in raising it?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Totally agree. And now it looks like they are on the second or third layer of the onion: lies to cover the fact that they lied before.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Hollywood Life?   Gimmee a break.

What he actually said and why he said it:

Many relatives doubtless remember the speculation from early in the search that the plane may have landed somewhere. They implored Hishammuddin to redouble the efforts, and he said Malaysian authorities would do so.

"What they want is a commitment on our part to continue the search, and that I have given," Hishammuddin said. "For me, as the minister responsible, this is the hardest part of my life, at the moment," he told reporters.

"Miracles do happen, remote or otherwise, and that is the hope that the families want me to convey -- not only to the Malaysian government, MAS (Malaysia Airlines), but also to the world at large," he said.

He said the effort was still to find survivors.

Sea objects

On Saturday that meant hunting again for plane debris in an ocean awash in debris -- including odds and ends from passing ships -- in hopes that among it are pieces of the jet.

After the latest data analysis, experts says they believe that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which disappeared three weeks ago, ended up in the southern Indian Ocean.

Investigators concluded this week that, during the flight's initial phase, the plane was traveling faster -- and therefore burning fuel faster -- than they had thought. Authorities have concluded that it could not have traveled as far south as they had thought earlier.

The new search area is 1,100 kilometers (680 miles) northeast of the previous one and closer to Australia's coast, so it's easier to reach. It's also marked by calmer waters.

Ships plowed the waters of the search area and eight planes searched from above.

"Unfortunately, we didn't find anything of significance out there," flight captain Russell Adams said after returning to Perth.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

And a view of a very experienced correspondent actually at the briefings the Malaysians have given:

Mark Stone
China Correspondent

Through all the twists, the turns, the false leads and the dashed hopes in the extraordinary case of MH370, there has been one constant.

His name is Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia's defence minister and acting transport minister.

Every day but one, he has addressed a global audience from Kuala Lumpur.

In front of cameras and reporters from around the world he has tried to explain the inexplicable: how does a passenger jet simply disappear; why is his government unable find it?

With a style that has become his trademark, he has tried to clarify confusion. Often though he only seems to add to it.

Some see his manner as representative of a clueless, incompetent and corrupt government. Others see a man under immense pressure.

Having attended many of his news conferences, I have observed his body language and his facial expressions. Personally, I don't doubt his sincerity.

Putting politics to one side, as he has insisted we should do, I have observed a man deeply affected by countless meetings with broken families and unbearably pressured by a global hunger for an answer to this most extraordinary of mysteries.

http://news.sky.com/story/1233879/missing-plane-man-at-centre-of-mh370-storm

Mark Stone:  Stone joined ABC News, the news service of the American Broadcasting Company, in 2002, as a producer. Between 2003-04, he spent a year living in Baghdad, and reported on the capture of Saddam Hussein and the growing insurgency in Iraq. He and his team were awarded an Emmy for their coverage of the war.

Stone joined Sky News in 2005 and became a reporter in 2007. He became a Sky News Correspondent in early 2012 before moving to his current position of Asia Correspondent based in  Beijing in late 2012.

Stone has reported from a wide number of locations in Britain and around the world, from the ongoing conflicts in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya to the 2011 riots in London. He was one of the first British journalists to ‘embed’ with the British Army in Afghanistan's Helmand Province in July 2006, and the first journalist to provide an eyewitness report from inside the terminal of Glasgow Airport following the terrorist attack in June 2007. He met the former KGB spy, Alexander Litvinenko in London, two weeks before he was poisoned. He covered Mr. Litvinenko’s death and its wider implications in detail. In 2011, he spent 6 weeks reporting extensively from Libya on the uprising against Muammar Gaddafi, the NATO humanitarian intervention and the subsequent death of Muammar Gaddafi at the hands of his own people. He is one of a small number of journalists to have attended almost every session of Britain's Iraq Inquiry giving him an extensive knowledge of the war in Iraq and the decisions behind it.

The one thing that has come shining through in all of this is Quill's prejudice against Asians, particularly is they are muslim, and he belief that the only country in the world capable of doing anything is America.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Sassy wrote:How do you lose a 777?   In a bloody great ocean, the largest area in the world without land.

Or you hide it someplace on dry land.  The only two alternatives right now.

I cant help but think if it went down in the ocean there would be loads of stuff floated to the surface by now.

But what is the alternative? No ransom has been requested or has it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Nems wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Or you hide it someplace on dry land.  The only two alternatives right now.

I cant help but think if it went down in the ocean there would be loads of stuff floated to the surface by now.

Well, even if you found debris, it would be easy to tell if it was from flight 370.  What if it isn't?  Thus the fact that debris is hard to come by only adds to suspicions.  It's like something is keeping us guessing, but telling us nothing.  It's been that way all along.

I don't think it's as easy as something like ransom, Nems.  But I do think it's to do with those 30-some odd electronics experts on board...and the Kiwi guy who set up the electronics of a Boeing 777 being on board.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Nems wrote:

Well, even if you found debris, it would be easy to tell if it was from flight 370.  What if it isn't?  Thus the fact that debris is hard to come by only adds to suspicions.  It's like something is keeping us guessing, but telling us nothing.  It's been that way all along.

I don't think it's as easy as something like ransom, Nems.  But I do think it's to do with those 30-some odd electronics experts on board...and the Kiwi guy who set up the electronics of a Boeing 777 being on board.

I wonder if this mystery will ever be solved?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Nems wrote:I wonder if this mystery will ever be solved?

I have the feeling that it's not intended to be.

My suspicions are raised, not by what is there, but by what is not there. The unique combination of the evidence of a human hand involved (piloting the aircraft in the beginning; shutting off signal systems), and then, nothingness, is perplexing.

There also seems to be a lot of skillful misinformation being put out there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:19 pm

When you have listened to the crews telling of the difficulties they have in getting to the debris, even when a plane has it on video and has dropped a marker, then Quill posts become wonderful - fantastic comedy value.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:29 am

I said right at the beginning, I have a feeling the plane landed somewhere on dry land. I'm probably wrong, but until the wreckage is found I don't think they should have announced to the families that the passengers were definitely dead.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:29 am

Missing Plane: Busiest Day Yet In MH370 Search
Some 18 planes and ships, including one towing a device that can pick up black box signals, are heading to the search area.

The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane has been ramped up, with 18 teams now searching for debris in the Indian Ocean.

Some 10 aircraft and eight ships from half a dozen countries are now scouring the area, making this leg the busiest since Australia began co-ordinating the search almost two weeks ago.

One of the vessels heading to the area where investigators believe flight MH370 is most likely to have crashed has been fitted with a black box detector.

http://news.sky.com/story/1234114/missing-plane-busiest-day-yet-in-mh370-search

Seriously, they are spending millions. Do people think they would do that if information was telling them it was somewhere else?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:31 am

Forgive me my ignorance but I've stopped reading and listening to the news....

Is the plane not in the water then?? scratch 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:32 am

Original Quill wrote:
Nems wrote:I wonder if this mystery will ever be solved?

I have the feeling that it's not intended to be.

My suspicions are raised, not by what is there, but by what is not there.  The unique combination of the evidence of a human hand involved (piloting the aircraft in the beginning; shutting off signal systems), and then, nothingness, is perplexing.

There also seems to be a lot of skillful misinformation being put out there.

Do you think it is skilful though? Every question in my mind just leads to 10 more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:33 am

Sassy wrote:When you have listened to the crews telling of the difficulties they have in getting to the debris, even when a plane has it on video and has dropped a marker, then Quill posts become wonderful - fantastic comedy value.

239 families in torment and having a pop at Quill is still paramount.
Comedy value? Shameful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:34 am

eddie wrote:Forgive me my ignorance but I've stopped reading and listening to the news....

So far no confirmed wreckage in the ocean Edds.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:38 am

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:Forgive me my ignorance but I've stopped reading and listening to the news....

So far no confirmed wreckage in the ocean Edds.

Oh! Though I have to say, I agree with harves, I've always thought it was on dry land.

Poor families. Seriously. The not knowing and dragged-out hope must be horrific.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next